My BB 9900 on SaskTel won't download email overnight or when I return from an area with no coverage, it does get email during the day when I'm in coverage. A previous iPhone got the email when I got back or overnight, and so did a Palm before that. BB 9900 radio and wifi is left on overnight, how do I get it to download my email on a regular scheduled basis or when I ask it to ("Get email" or something like that). Thanks!
    05-10-12 09:04 AM
    AFAIK you can't schedule BB to do that as it uses PUSH email which will push the email to your phone as soon as it is received on your e mail provider's server .
    05-10-12 10:27 AM
    My BB 9900 on SaskTel won't download email overnight or when I return from an area with no coverage, it does get email during the day when I'm in coverage. A previous iPhone got the email when I got back or overnight, and so did a Palm before that. BB 9900 radio and wifi is left on overnight, how do I get it to download my email on a regular scheduled basis or when I ask it to ("Get email" or something like that). Thanks!
    If you are going from an area of no coverage to an area with coverage, you should get your emails the second it regains coverage. At least that is how it works here on AT&T. Sasktel might be different
    05-10-12 10:32 AM
    Yes since its push it will get the email in realtime. If you have no coverage, the email will come through to your device as soon as your phone returns to an area with wireless coverage.
    05-10-12 10:33 AM
    Thanks for the replies, does asnyone know why it won't get email overnight? That used to work with previous smartphones.
    http://cdn-forums.crackberry.com/ima...s/confused.gif
    05-10-12 07:05 PM
    Thanks for the replies, does asnyone know why it won't get email overnight? That used to work with previous smartphones. Is there a setting I can change??
    http://cdn-forums.crackberry.com/ima...s/confused.gif
    05-10-12 07:06 PM
    all other smartphones have to sync with your email server in intervals. blackberry has its own server which gives you "push" email, thus emails go to your phone instantly. That is why it is different than your other smartphones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD