Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Editing contacts with no Outlook and stuff

I need to edit my contacts and I'd like to do it on my pc becuase it's a huge work to do. But is there any way to edit them WITHOUT using Outlook or any other email clients? I dont want to use any of them becaus the contacts I have on my BB and the ones on my email are basically different, so it would end up in a total mess. I'm looking forward taking the contacts form the BB to my pc, edit 'em and then copying them back on the Berry. Suggestions? Thnaks. Have a nice Xmas day.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Editing contacts with no Outlook and stuff

Edit them in your blackberry and use backup feature at Blackberry Protect
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Editing them on my BB is exactly what I wanna avoid, since I have about 500 contacts.
    CrackBerry Master

I'm with you on this one. I have a ton of contacts and I'd like to edit them on my PC and then put them back onto my phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm assuming you want to keep your Outlook contacts intact. If so, you could open a Gmail account, upload your phone contacts to it, edit on Gmail, then re-sync back to phone.

I also found this online which may be what you're looking for without using an email client. http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberryipdeditor.html.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    andy957 (12-26-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

A possible workaround:

Copy all Outlook contacts... and paste them in a separate folder (worked fine in XP). They get pasted as individual VCF.
    Now delete all contacts from Outlook.

Hook up BlackBerry and import phone contacts into Outlook. Edit the contacts on Outlook. Import the edited ones back to the phone. Disconnect the BlackBerry from the computer.

Delete all contacts in Outlook.
    Copy all contacts (you had previously pasted in the separate folder as VCF's) and paste them into Outlook Contacts.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I guess I'm gonna try the gmail solution. I'll let you know if and how it works.

Global Posts
    35,351 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

You could also export your contacts to a csv file using Desktop, open it in Excel, edit it there, then import the edited file back to the phone.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    You could also export your contacts to a csv file using Desktop, open it in Excel, edit it there, then import the edited file back to the phone.
    How can I export my contacts to a csv file thru the Desktop? And how can I import the file back to the phone once I'm done?

Global Posts
    35,351 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330117cb

No need to export contacts if you are using windows. You can choose to sync your contacts via Windows Contacts instead of outlook and keeping them completely separate and easy to edit on the PC.

Because you use outlook now for 1 contact list and phone for another I'm not sure how easy this will be to do but give it a shot. Just do a full backup first just in case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Editing contacts with no Outlook and stuff-windowscontactssync.png  
    BlackBerry Q10 and Z30 -- Playbook 64GB -- #FOTM - BlackBerry Fan of the Month for August

@Flash0p
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Ok, I'm doing it. I created a new Gmail address, connected it to Outlook and working on my contacts there. Thanks!