Has anyone else got this issue?

My 9900 has never had BIS/BES connection. Whenever I edit "default permissions" and save, the device reboots and then the my changes to default permissions were gone.

Why does that happen?
    11-10-12 04:38 PM
    have you tried setting it to custom
    11-10-12 06:56 PM
    I had a similar problem. The only fix I found was to use BBSAK to "Factory Reset". Go to www bbsak.org and read up on it. Note: be sure to backup first, it may wipe everything.
    11-11-12 11:12 PM
    Yes, I have the same problem on my 9780. It is so annoying. Everytime the bb needs to do a reboot, the "default permissions" changes I made earlier are reverted.

I wish there was a fix, but I think you just have to change the "default permissions" every time the blackberry needs to reboot.

It is however a serious security flaw, because everytime you reboot, the bug gives every application installed on the phone access to email and calander data (without you knowing this), while I bought the blackberry because of "privacy" features... -.-
    12-04-12 04:37 PM
    Yes, I have the same problem on my 9780. It is so annoying. Everytime the bb needs to do a reboot, the "default permissions" changes I made earlier are reverted.

I wish there was a fix, but I think you just have to change the "default permissions" every time the blackberry needs to reboot.

It is however a serious security flaw, because everytime you reboot, the bug gives every application installed on the phone access to email and calander data (without you knowing this), while I bought the blackberry because of "privacy" features... -.-
    Did you try my recommendation above?
    12-04-12 06:55 PM
    Did you try my recommendation above?
    I tried, it does not help with my Blackberry. And I noticed that every different version of 7.1 resets default permissions to different settings
    12-05-12 03:05 AM
    HZ, From the home screen, choose options - device - device and status information. Scroll to the bottom hold shift and type BUYR. 3 new items should appear 1. data usage 2. voice usage and 3. IT policy.

If IT policy states "enabled" that may be your problem.
    12-05-12 09:18 PM
    HZ, From the home screen, choose options - device - device and status information. Scroll to the bottom hold shift and type BUYR. 3 new items should appear 1. data usage 2. voice usage and 3. IT policy.

If IT policy states "enabled" that may be your problem.
    thank you, but it does not seem to have any IT policy.
    today, for the first time ever in my blackberry's lifetime, "default permissions" actually kept my change, however after a reboot, it reverts back to default again.

I reckon the default settings are reasonably safe, so maybe it will not cause any security trouble.
    12-05-12 09:30 PM
    I may have found the solution.

Common sense tells me that Default Permissions are only applied to new applications, so I always did "apply defaults to all" after I changed default permissions.

Today I did the same, and before reboot, I went to default permissions and noticed that my changes were gone, so I manually applied my changes again and rebooted it, then noticed that my changes were saved in the next reboot, and all applications were automatically applied the default permissions I set earlier.

So it appears to me that we never should use "apply defaults to all" feature, apparently, after we set new default permissions, they are already automatically applied to every application, and "apply defaults to all" will only cause our new settings to be reverted.
    WakyEggs likes this.
    12-06-12 01:39 PM
    I have no idea why you're even trying to edit the default permissions, because apps won't work if you do, and your carrier will change them straight back again every time they push their service books to your phone.
    12-06-12 01:55 PM