easyDial is an app that utilizes the BlackBerry Bold's touch screen to emulate a dial pad for phone calls. This app also make it easier to make phone calls as the buttons are larger and the respective lettering without holding down 'alt' and dialing (for when you have to dial a phone number which includes letters). The numbers typed in will display in North American-style dialing ie. (XXX) XXX-XXXX but will still make calls if the numbers are from a different region.
    Last edited by ignites; 11-01-12 at 05:04 PM.
    RoseBud68, drum, Spencerdl and 4 others like this.
    07-16-12 01:26 PM
    WOW this is great. Miss having this as I moved from a 9860 to the 9900.

Thanks.
    niss63 and ignites like this.
    07-16-12 01:33 PM
    This should have been default in the OS
    shemaree09, niss63 and DocDRM like this.
    07-16-12 03:30 PM
    This should have been default in the OS
    I agree with this statement.
    07-16-12 03:33 PM
    due to user feed back i have already made a few changes and will be submitting to appworld shortly. Thanks for purchasing. Let me know if you have any questions. If it works out well, leave a nice 5 star review in appworld.

thanks!
    07-16-12 10:48 PM
    Since this is a 99xx app only I have moved the thread back to the 99xx forum.
    ignites likes this.
    07-17-12 10:26 AM
    Very nice. Would be cool if the trackpad button would actually serve as the dial button without having to move the cursor to the green button on the screen.
    ignites likes this.
    07-17-12 04:50 PM
    Finally!! This is awesome, thank you! UI looks great

Before I purchase this is it a seperate icon to get to the dial pad or will hitting the call button bring it straight up?
    ignites likes this.
    07-17-12 06:52 PM
    Finally!! This is awesome, thank you! UI looks great

Before I purchase this is it a seperate icon to get to the dial pad or will hitting the call button bring it straight up?
    Hi, it is a separate icon that looks the same at the dial icon. You can set your convenience key to this app to make it easier to bring up as RIM will not allow anyone to change the default settings on the call button icon. theres a new update with a few extra buttons coming but the UI will be very much recognizably the same. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions.

Thanks.
    niss63 likes this.
    07-17-12 07:20 PM
    Hi ignites just down loaded your application and set it to my convenience key and it works great. Ive got version 1.0 and noticed you mentioned updates. What's the latest version? Is it still at 1.0.? Thanks
    ignites likes this.
    07-18-12 04:35 AM
    Nice app works great!
    07-18-12 05:40 AM
    Hi, it is a separate icon that looks the same at the dial icon. You can set your convenience key to this app to make it easier to bring up as RIM will not allow anyone to change the default settings on the call button icon. theres a new update with a few extra buttons coming but the UI will be very much recognizably the same. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions.

Thanks.
    Needs a different icon as it is too easily confused with the Phone icon.

An easyDial BB menu selection from within the Phone app would be helpful.

The 9900 only has one convenience key which I have set to Vlingo. To return to button pushing for dialing while driving would be taking things in the wrong direction.

Otherwise, easyDial app appears to work great. And I agree with the others that have said this should've been included by RIM. Thanks for fixing their oversight.
    ignites likes this.
    07-18-12 07:12 AM
    GREAT app, just what I've been looking for. Thanks .
    ignites likes this.
    07-18-12 09:12 AM
    How about the easyHangUp button on that GUI?
    ignites likes this.
    07-18-12 09:28 AM
    How about the easyHangUp button on that GUI?
    I just use that thingy they call the END button
    Hgouck and ignites like this.
    07-18-12 09:31 AM
    .. and you can use that thingy they call the CALL button or dial directly on the number keys.

I just use that thingy they call the END button
    07-18-12 09:32 AM
    .. and you can use that thingy they call the CALL button or dial directly on the number keys.
    .......but the numbers are larger on the screen keypad.....NO
    07-18-12 09:35 AM
    True. lol

But if it was me, i'd split the call button with the backspace button.

[ backspace | call ]

.......but the numbers are larger on the screen keypad.....NO
    07-18-12 09:47 AM
    True. lol

But if it was me, i'd split the call button with the backspace button.

[ backspace | call ]
    SIMPLICITY is underrated
    07-18-12 09:51 AM
    Get SixTools and you can have 4 convenience buttons (vol up/down , mute)
    The rest of the features I did not need, but the convenience keys were worth the price of admission. Thanks for the tip.
    07-18-12 10:31 AM
    Get SixTools and you can have 4 convenience buttons (vol up/down , mute)
    Or Advance OS and LED and you can have all the custon Actions you want and it's free too.
    deezy87 likes this.
    07-18-12 11:14 AM
    Hi all,

We have already submitted version 1.2 to app world which has a bigger backspace button, a hangup button (as some requested) and a clear field button. In future editions we will be pushing out some sort of feed back for users when they hit a button.

Thanks for all your support. We're #36 today in top purchased app in BlackBerry App World and was featured in 10 different gadget/BlackBerry sites yesterday!
    niss63, Spencerdl and BigwhiteUK like this.
    07-18-12 12:14 PM
    Hi all,

We have already submitted version 1.2 to app world which has a bigger backspace button, a hangup button (as some requested) and a clear field button. In future editions we will be pushing out some sort of feed back for users when they hit a button.

Thanks for all your support. We're #36 today in top purchased app in BlackBerry App World and was featured in 10 different gadget/BlackBerry sites yesterday!
    When you say "feed back for when users hit a button", do you mean a "GLOWING" effect? That would be nice indeed
    07-18-12 12:39 PM
    When I use the app and then press the "back" button - it will stuck for about 10-15 seconds.
    ignites likes this.
    07-18-12 06:37 PM
    When I use the app and then press the "back" button - it will stuck for about 10-15 seconds.
    v 1.2 has a close app button which should work better. Closing some unused applications may also help this app (and others) run a bit more smoothly . Thanks!
    07-18-12 06:57 PM
123 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD