Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 123
Like Tree41Likes
  1. ignites's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,684 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default easyDial for BlackBerry 99x0


    easyDial is an app that utilizes the BlackBerry Bold's touch screen to emulate a dial pad for phone calls. This app also make it easier to make phone calls as the buttons are larger and the respective lettering without holding down 'alt' and dialing (for when you have to dial a phone number which includes letters). The numbers typed in will display in North American-style dialing ie. (XXX) XXX-XXXX but will still make calls if the numbers are from a different region.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails easyDial for BlackBerry 99x0-banner.jpg  
    Last edited by ignites; 11-01-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    Thanked by 3:
    niss63 (07-17-2012),  RoseBud68 (07-16-2012),  spencerdl (07-18-2012) 
  2. RoseBud68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,488 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    WOW this is great. Miss having this as I moved from a 9860 to the 9900.

    Thanks.
    Thanked by:
    ignites (07-17-2012) 
    niss63 likes this.
  3. AwJm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    511 Posts
    Global Posts
    517 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    This should have been default in the OS
    Check out My BBM Channel PIN:C0010445C
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes, so when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
    shemaree09, DocDRM and niss63 like this.
  4. RoseBud68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,488 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AwJm View Post
    This should have been default in the OS
    I agree with this statement.
  5. ignites's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,684 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    due to user feed back i have already made a few changes and will be submitting to appworld shortly. Thanks for purchasing. Let me know if you have any questions. If it works out well, leave a nice 5 star review in appworld.

    thanks!
  6. pkcable's Avatar


    Posts
    28,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,965 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!
    #6  

    Default

    Since this is a 99xx app only I have moved the thread back to the 99xx forum.
    Thanked by:
    ignites (07-17-2012) 
  7. rawllw's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    86 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Very nice. Would be cool if the trackpad button would actually serve as the dial button without having to move the cursor to the green button on the screen.
    Thanked by:
    ignites (07-17-2012) 
  8. rayzian's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    776 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Finally!! This is awesome, thank you! UI looks great

    Before I purchase this is it a seperate icon to get to the dial pad or will hitting the call button bring it straight up?
    Thanked by:
    ignites (07-17-2012) 
    ignites likes this.
  9. ignites's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,684 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
    Finally!! This is awesome, thank you! UI looks great

    Before I purchase this is it a seperate icon to get to the dial pad or will hitting the call button bring it straight up?
    Hi, it is a separate icon that looks the same at the dial icon. You can set your convenience key to this app to make it easier to bring up as RIM will not allow anyone to change the default settings on the call button icon. theres a new update with a few extra buttons coming but the UI will be very much recognizably the same. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions.

    Thanks.
    Thanked by:
    niss63 (07-18-2012) 
  10. drum's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    440 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Hi ignites just down loaded your application and set it to my convenience key and it works great. Ive got version 1.0 and noticed you mentioned updates. What's the latest version? Is it still at 1.0.? Thanks
    Thanked by:
    ignites (07-18-2012) 
  11. o4liberty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,482 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,227 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Nice app works great!
  12. niss63's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,419 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ignites View Post
    Hi, it is a separate icon that looks the same at the dial icon. You can set your convenience key to this app to make it easier to bring up as RIM will not allow anyone to change the default settings on the call button icon. theres a new update with a few extra buttons coming but the UI will be very much recognizably the same. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions.

    Thanks.
    Needs a different icon as it is too easily confused with the Phone icon.

    An easyDial BB menu selection from within the Phone app would be helpful.

    The 9900 only has one convenience key which I have set to Vlingo. To return to button pushing for dialing while driving would be taking things in the wrong direction.

    Otherwise, easyDial app appears to work great. And I agree with the others that have said this should've been included by RIM. Thanks for fixing their oversight.
    Thanked by:
    ignites (07-18-2012) 
  13. spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,447 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    GREAT app, just what I've been looking for. Thanks .
    Thanked by:
    ignites (07-18-2012) 
  14. jly.public's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    #14  

    Default

    How about the easyHangUp button on that GUI?
    Thanked by:
    ignites (07-18-2012) 
  15. spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,447 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jly.public View Post
    How about the easyHangUp button on that GUI?
    I just use that thingy they call the END button
    Thanked by:
    ignites (07-18-2012) 
    Hgouck likes this.
  16. jly.public's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    #16  

    Default

    .. and you can use that thingy they call the CALL button or dial directly on the number keys.

    Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I just use that thingy they call the END button
  17. spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,447 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jly.public View Post
    .. and you can use that thingy they call the CALL button or dial directly on the number keys.
    .......but the numbers are larger on the screen keypad.....NO
  18. jly.public's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    #18  

    Default

    True. lol

    But if it was me, i'd split the call button with the backspace button.

    [ backspace | call ]

    Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    .......but the numbers are larger on the screen keypad.....NO
  19. spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,447 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jly.public View Post
    True. lol

    But if it was me, i'd split the call button with the backspace button.

    [ backspace | call ]
    SIMPLICITY is underrated
  20. niss63's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,419 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROG666 View Post
    Get SixTools and you can have 4 convenience buttons (vol up/down , mute)
    The rest of the features I did not need, but the convenience keys were worth the price of admission. Thanks for the tip.
  21. Legal Eagle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,110 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROG666 View Post
    Get SixTools and you can have 4 convenience buttons (vol up/down , mute)
    Or Advance OS and LED and you can have all the custon Actions you want and it's free too.
    Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC22 over Claro Argentina .1098 Base and .sfi

    If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
    Thanked by:
    deezy87 (07-18-2012) 
  22. ignites's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,684 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Hi all,

    We have already submitted version 1.2 to app world which has a bigger backspace button, a hangup button (as some requested) and a clear field button. In future editions we will be pushing out some sort of feed back for users when they hit a button.

    Thanks for all your support. We're #36 today in top purchased app in BlackBerry App World and was featured in 10 different gadget/BlackBerry sites yesterday!
    Thanked by:
    BigwhiteUK (07-19-2012) 
    spencerdl and niss63 like this.
  23. spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,447 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ignites View Post
    Hi all,

    We have already submitted version 1.2 to app world which has a bigger backspace button, a hangup button (as some requested) and a clear field button. In future editions we will be pushing out some sort of feed back for users when they hit a button.

    Thanks for all your support. We're #36 today in top purchased app in BlackBerry App World and was featured in 10 different gadget/BlackBerry sites yesterday!
    When you say "feed back for when users hit a button", do you mean a "GLOWING" effect? That would be nice indeed
  24. gg22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    When I use the app and then press the "back" button - it will stuck for about 10-15 seconds.
    Thanked by:
    ignites (07-18-2012) 
  25. ignites's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,684 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gg22 View Post
    When I use the app and then press the "back" button - it will stuck for about 10-15 seconds.
    v 1.2 has a close app button which should work better. Closing some unused applications may also help this app (and others) run a bit more smoothly . Thanks!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions