Hey everyone,

My current contract with T-Mobile doesn't expire until August 21, 2012. However, I really would like to upgrade to the Bold 9900 since I've been salivating over this darn phone since it's announcement about 4 months ago. So, does anyone know if T-Mobile does early contract renewals for customers, or will I have to bite the bullet and pay the full price for the 9900 (which I'm tempted to do as of now)?

Any knowledge or experience is absolutely helpful!
    08-06-11 02:19 PM
    Some..but do yourself a favor and just buy it outright and save your upgrade for later...or an even bigger favor to yourself, never use it. Being contract free with a carrier is the best thing you can do these days. Most people just get sucked in by a fancy phone for free because it's more cost effective.
    08-06-11 02:42 PM
    Thanks for your insight, Bla1ze. But if I did want to renew, would it be possible? I know that it's the smart thing to stay contract free, but this phone is too good to pass up, and I'm willing to stay with it for 2 years. hahaha or maybe it's my heart speaking?
    08-06-11 02:54 PM
    Chances are you will get charged a pretty hefty early termination fee, if TMobile is like our carriers. They only let you swap over contracts for free if you are in your last 4 months of a 2 year deal. Otherwise you have to pay out the contract e.g if you have 8 months left @ $79 a month = ETF of $632. Buy the phone outright.
    08-06-11 07:18 PM
    You could look at your online my T-Mobile page. It will show if you can upgrade early.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 07:25 PM
    I would try ebay and sell my current phone
    08-06-11 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD