My 9900 is starting to get some dust under the screen.What Can I do about it?I'm fine with having it the way it is now but any suggestions to make sure It doesn't get more?
    06-10-12 12:33 PM
    Looks like this is a fairly common problem. It has happened on two of my 9900s and a friends too.

Sorry though, no idea how it can be minimised.. I'm curious to see if anyone else has an idea though!
    06-10-12 03:48 PM
    Check it with a loupe to confirm it is dust. I had what I thought was dust but it was stuck pixels. Rogers repaired it under warranty.
    06-10-12 03:54 PM
    Reminds me of the old Motorola RAZR days where getting dust under the screen was a problem. I'll get around to cleaning it when I get around to ordering a new screen/digitizer off the *bay for $10
    06-10-12 06:39 PM
    I had dust in mine from day one. I should've exchanged it, but couldn't be bothered. Wacked a screen protector and put it in an Otterbox Defender. No extra dust.

The same happened with the 9810, it looks filthy. So I guess the screen protector and/or the Otterbox is preventing extra dust.
    06-11-12 02:37 AM
    I've got the dust starting to accumulate under my screen as well. It seems to be inevitable for those of us that carry the phone in our pockets rather than use a holster.

Every phone I can think of (BlackBerry and Motorola) that I've owned eventually had this problem.
    I wonder if the water resistant phones (the new moto Razr) eliminate this problem.
    06-11-12 11:59 AM
    I took Mine by VZW the other day and all they would do is direct me to a cell phone repair shop. They said it wasnt covered by the warranty. Mine is so bad that I can't read it in direct sunlight. Not a sign of quality build. Might take it apart and try to clean it.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    06-11-12 03:04 PM
    Any device that doesn't fuse the screen to the glass can have this problem.
    06-11-12 03:48 PM
    This was the problem I had with my first 9930. I took it into my local Verizon store and with no questions asked, they simply ordered me a replacement.
    06-11-12 10:27 PM
    Compress Air .. Blow it through the Earphone Jack..
    06-12-12 08:12 AM
    Compress Air .. Blow it through the Earphone Jack..
    Lol wtf?

OP if your phone is still under warranty have your carrier send you a new phone or you can send your phone to RIM for them to fix it.

I had this problem with my first 9900 within the first week. I haven't had any problems with my replacement.
    06-12-12 08:58 AM
    Lol wtf?

OP if your phone is still under warranty have your carrier send you a new phone or you can send your phone to RIM for them to fix it.

I had this problem with my first 9900 within the first week. I haven't had any problems with my replacement.
    06-12-12 09:36 AM
    Wish 9900 came with port slider like galaxy s..
    06-12-12 11:55 PM
    Has anyone else tried this? Does it really clear out exiting dust under screen?

I'm concerned that my dust under screen got worse when I cleaned the earpiece with compressed iair.
    11-13-12 06:29 PM
    Has anyone else tried this? Does it really clear out exiting dust under screen?

I'm concerned that my dust under screen got worse when I cleaned the earpiece with compressed iair.
    WTF is that? Just order a new LCD/digitizer ( they are fused together from factory) and install it yourself. Can be done in 10 min ( very easy).
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-05-13 02:14 PM
    WTF is that? Just order a new LCD/digitizer ( they are fused together from factory) and install it yourself. Can be done in 10 min ( very easy).
    First.
    You did not order a OEM part, RIM or its manufacturers do not make parts to resell to consumers.

Second.
    You probably ordered a part labeled OEM Original but will be a cheap after market from china. It will be horrible and you will find out why never to buy parts on ebay/amazon that come from China/hong kong.

Third.
    Not really sure how dust got under your screen unless you bought a second hand device, and the person you bought it from replaced the screen with a crappy one like this other guy is suggesting.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-05-13 08:15 PM
    From reading the forums I figured out what happened to mine. I dropped it and cracked the digitizer and had it replace by a repair shop recommended by VZW. They didnt do it correctly and the digitizer is not fuzed to the lcd. I went back to them and they were pretty much "thats what you get for buying a piece of crap from BB."
    Grrr we almost had a knock down drag out over that one.
    01-06-13 11:40 AM
    From reading the forums I figured out what happened to mine. I dropped it and cracked the digitizer and had it replace by a repair shop recommended by VZW. They didnt do it correctly and the digitizer is not fuzed to the lcd. I went back to them and they were pretty much "thats what you get for buying a piece of crap from BB."
    Grrr we almost had a knock down drag out over that one.
    Or they could have told you that it will never be like from factory because they are just using plastic and a sticker to glue it to your lcd. They probably got it from hong kong, cheap after market parts.

Read my previous post about aftermarket parts.

Everyone thinks ebay/amazon has great deals on blackberry parts lol. Well they are great deals because its aftermarket junk coming at you from hong kong!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 12:00 PM
    Send it back to RIM, they'll fix it?
    01-06-13 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD