Is your insurance company spying on you? Did you tell them a lie?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 08:19 PM
    Dude � hilarious. I have almost done that twice. I try not to text and **** anymore. At least it dropped in at the end of the cycle�
    10-05-11 08:46 PM
    Dude � hilarious. I have almost done that twice. I try not to text and **** anymore. At least it dropped in at the end of the cycle�
    Do you guys hold it right over the only remaining hold over the toilet when you sh!t and text? Try and imagine this, I lean over and rest my elbows on my knees and hold the phone outward the distance of my forearm. So there's no chance it'll drop in the crapper.
    10-05-11 11:28 PM
    Haha I like leading this type of stories

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 12:03 AM
    next thread will be, "what position r u in holding ur bb while on the toilet" o.o;;

and actually I got the elbows on the knees as well =D
    gordonzhao likes this.
    10-06-11 02:52 AM
    Madness! Wish my Blackberry doesn't fall into a toilet lool! I remember my girls 8520 dropping into the toilet in the evening one day and she didn't realise so she kept flushing for some strange weird reason that I don't know of. Luckily it survived but I was a bit reluctant touching it as it fell down the toilet. Got �50 for it using those mobile phone recycling website though and I gave her me Curve 9300 3G.
    10-06-11 06:20 AM
    next thread will be, "what position r u in holding ur bb while on the toilet" o.o;;

and actually I got the elbows on the knees as well =D
    "Above my head so if it it falls it falls on my head not in the toilet."

Though it may bounce off my head and into the toilet, but slim chances of that.
    10-06-11 06:52 PM
    To the OP...

make sure your call quality doesn't sound like crap....

I'll be here all week, enjoy the veal..!
    10-06-11 07:57 PM
    lol you might be really unlucky if you're doing you're**** job, just chilling with your 9900 in the toilet.
    and you are done **** and then suddenly it falls in the toilet, or you're still on it and then it falls in lol..
    it would be like an epictroll.
    lol imagine all those haha
    I have no idea what you're saying. Sorry.

To the OP...

make sure your call quality doesn't sound like crap....

I'll be here all week, enjoy the veal..!
    Gave me a slight chuckle. ; ) Let's hope there wasn't any crap when it was submerged.
    10-06-11 09:16 PM
    Just had a replacement handset through for this from the insurance a couple of days ago.

There is more to the story.

Yes, the handset did genuinely, accidentley fall into the pan but as I said it was working fine afterwards. After taking advice from you guys, that problems may occur later down the line I decided to claim on the insurance.

I was however, worried, they would just 'test' (use that term losely, I mean, they will switch phone on, works, all ok) and then send phone back and STILL charge me my �25 excess. So, i decided to make sure it was water damaged, for peice of mind a new handset (or refurbed) would be the only sure fire way to know Im not going to get issues caused by water down the line.

So...

Put phone in sink of water. Still worked
    Left phone in sink of water for 10 mins. Still worked.
    Made a call to phone while in water.... OMG it rang.(have video of this, lol) Pulled it out, worked perfect.
    Took back cover off, battery out and put back in sink. Pulled out, reassembled, powered on, still worked.

OMG, and you hear of people getting their phones water damaged just by having them in the bathroom in condensation!!!

S.
    10-26-11 12:24 PM
    Just had a replacement handset through for this from the insurance a couple of days ago.

There is more to the story.

Yes, the handset did genuinely, accidentley fall into the pan but as I said it was working fine afterwards. After taking advice from you guys, that problems may occur later down the line I decided to claim on the insurance.

I was however, worried, they would just 'test' (use that term losely, I mean, they will switch phone on, works, all ok) and then send phone back and STILL charge me my �25 excess. So, i decided to make sure it was water damaged, for peice of mind a new handset (or refurbed) would be the only sure fire way to know Im not going to get issues caused by water down the line.

So...

Put phone in sink of water. Still worked
    Left phone in sink of water for 10 mins. Still worked.
    Made a call to phone while in water.... OMG it rang.(have video of this, lol) Pulled it out, worked perfect.
    Took back cover off, battery out and put back in sink. Pulled out, reassembled, powered on, still worked.

OMG, and you hear of people getting their phones water damaged just by having them in the bathroom in condensation!!!

S.
    Awesome story! Please post the video!!
    10-26-11 12:31 PM
    i hear putting in a bag of rice will deal with anymoisture that you haven't dealt with.

This story could have had a s hitty outcome
    I know I've used this when I've dropped coffee or drinking water on my gadgets but I wouldn't put gadgets out of the bowl into rice unless you'd like toilet bowl soup rice
    Last edited by encryption; 10-27-11 at 06:37 AM.
    10-26-11 01:44 PM
    I'm amazed at how various of my BB's have survived water damage. Prior to my 9930 I had a Storm 2, which over its 18 month life was dropped in a bath, where it remained for a good 10 seconds or so while I tried to find it under all the bubbles. Several months later it was dropped in a glass of ice tea and fully submerged for a good few seconds. I've never bothered with the rice trick, i just pull it apart, dry it as best I can with a paper towel, blast it with a hair dryer for a while, and then put it somewhere warm for an hour or so. The thing still works today, I use it on my second line, great build quality. Crap phone, but built well.
    10-26-11 01:54 PM
    I'm sorry, but after taking a swim in a toilet, there is absolutely no way that phone is going next to my face. I would have been on the (home) phone to insurance before the toilet stopped flushing. That's friggin disgusting.
    10-26-11 03:12 PM
    I'm sorry, but after taking a swim in a toilet, there is absolutely no way that phone is going next to my face. I would have been on the (home) phone to insurance before the toilet stopped flushing. That's friggin disgusting.
    co-sign. lol!
    10-26-11 05:54 PM
    My wife dropped her new curve into a sink filled with hot soapy water while doing the dishes. She didn't even realize it was in there until she drained the sink. It sat in there for like 35 minutes.

We took the battery out and sat it in front of a fan for the night. Then just let it sit for 5 days. We put the battery back in and it worked perfectly. No problems at all.

These blackberry's are built to take a licken and keep on ticken. Like to see somebody try that with an iPhone. lol
    10-26-11 06:41 PM
    Won't happen. Iphone owners would refuse to wash dishes on their own.
    10-26-11 06:46 PM
    This is true, most iPhone users are busy playing on their PS3 while their mothers do the dishes.
    10-26-11 06:54 PM
    ...it is STILL working.

This morning, I dropped my 2 month old BB into the pan at the end of a flush cycle.

Stood there thinking to myself 'what a f****** daft *****' i am for quite a few seconds TBH, 5 or so, waiting for the flush to finish I guess.

Reached in and pulled it out and as I did I caught the sleep button. The phone was dripping with water and it LIT UP.... im like WTF?

So, shook as much water off it as I could, stripped it down, SIM card into another phone, BB into the airing cupboard and off to work I went.

Not long back home now, gave the BB a quick blast with a hair dryer and re-assembled.

Red light on, then off.... then the boot up screen..... tense, nervous moments.... and then comes to life..... WOWZER!!

Ive just called the insurance company, I have 14 days to make a claim if needed so will see how it goes but seems all ok now.... mic is fine, speaker fine, loudspeaker fine....

So, any doubters on BB build quility..... ah hem, lol

A very happy Steve!
    Just having a toilet bowl phone would be weird to me! No water got under the screen and the keypad still works?
    10-26-11 11:13 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD