Hello,

I've had my Bold for two weeks now and I am loving every single bit of it. This beast is really something else!

I have a quick question though, when I had the 9780 and opened a web page, it would sometimes shows that it can be expanded, all I had to do is click in the middle of the screen and the font size would almost double while keeping all the words on the same page.

When I double tap with my 9900 the font doesn't grow by a significant number at all, so I would end up making the fonts even bigger (by zooming in) but it would make reading much much slower because I'd have to go back and forth all the time.

Any solution? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks!
    08-31-11 08:58 PM
    Double tapping the screen while browsing should zoom in to fit the text to the width of the screen. The size of the text will be dependent on the layout of the page.
    08-31-11 09:03 PM
    What happens if you use the trackpad and click on the page and the cursor has the eyeglass? Is the text still too small?

Another thing you have to consider is the resolution, it has been increased but the screen size is small, making static text look smaller.
    08-31-11 09:05 PM
    With in the browser go to options and change the font setting. Save the changes then close the browser and launch the same page. When you double tap it will be noticeably better. I have the 9810, and I think I changed my font size to 30 ( default was 16).

It made a huge difference!
    08-31-11 10:09 PM
    Thing is, some texts on some websites are perfect. I wouldn't have to increase the font.

Take for example m.crackberry.com -- that's one of the websites that I have to increase the font. Not that it's not readable, but it's just a little too small.

So I am not sure if that's a website related issue, or phone related issue.
    08-31-11 10:29 PM
    Thing is, some texts on some websites are perfect. I wouldn't have to increase the font.

Take for example m.crackberry.com -- that's one of the websites that I have to increase the font. Not that it's not readable, but it's just a little too small.

So I am not sure if that's a website related issue, or phone related issue.
    It was like this with Os6 too....
    08-31-11 10:49 PM
    Yea he's right. I don't know why but its there...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 10:55 AM
    Yes, it was like that on OS6, however when I clicked, the font increased a lot more than when I double taped here!
    09-01-11 07:26 PM
    What we really need is a "wrap to window" option when you pinch to zoom. This works when viewing an email for instance. This would be really nice to have on the browser. Nobody wants to keep changing font sizes and making adjustments just to read text. It's ridiculous.

I hope the next browser update fixes this. This is why my primary browser is still Opera Mini!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    09-01-11 07:49 PM
    The browser on the 9900 does wrap text as you soon in to prevent you from needing to scroll side to side ...
    09-01-11 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD