STOP.
    Don't tell me to search because I did!
    But it showed results for the 9780..

And I am NOT going to tear apart my beautiful 9930.. Because I still have my 1 year warranty.

I want to know if it is a hardware issue. I have done a battery pull, and it isn't fixing it. It only one out of about 50- 100 times, but I pump out email all day, every day so that is about 25 times a day, which is pretty frustrating.

I have been told to reload my OS but there are so many apps that I will have to reregister and I know that getting a new one will be easier anyways.

Will this be in warranty? and will Sprint allow this to be traded for an old or refurb model? (Refurb as in I will be looking it over at the store and denying it for the slightest scratch because mine has none)

The problem started randomly as I was on 7.1.0.163. No water damage, No physical damage, No electrical damage, Nothing.

In short, will Sprint let me trade in a double spacebar phone for a replacement one?
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 02-02-12 at 10:06 PM.
    02-02-12 10:03 PM
    Try blowing it out with compressed air, (gently)? Don't know what to tell you Dc. Is just the space bar wonky? I think there is lint stuck under it. I'm sticking with blowing it out good! Keep us posted brother. Good luck!
    02-02-12 11:08 PM
    STOP.
    Don't tell me to search because I did!
    But it showed results for the 9780..

And I am NOT going to tear apart my beautiful 9930.. Because I still have my 1 year warranty.

I want to know if it is a hardware issue. I have done a battery pull, and it isn't fixing it. It only one out of about 50- 100 times, but I pump out email all day, every day so that is about 25 times a day, which is pretty frustrating.

I have been told to reload my OS but there are so many apps that I will have to reregister and I know that getting a new one will be easier anyways.

Will this be in warranty? and will Sprint allow this to be traded for an old or refurb model? (Refurb as in I will be looking it over at the store and denying it for the slightest scratch because mine has none)

The problem started randomly as I was on 7.1.0.163. No water damage, No physical damage, No electrical damage, Nothing.

In short, will Sprint let me trade in a double spacebar phone for a replacement one?
    Sorry if I'm ignorant...but what exactly is your issue?
    02-02-12 11:15 PM
    Try blowing it out with compressed air, (gently)? Don't know what to tell you Dc. Is just the space bar wonky? I think there is lint stuck under it. I'm sticking with blowing it out good! Keep us posted brother. Good luck!
    Thanks Albee, Will do, I guess I'll be picking compressed air up before coming home tomorrow.
    It's only the space bar as far as I know, None of my other keys have been giving me the problem. At first I thought it was because my hands were shivering and I accidentally hit it twice but I tested it and it randomly inputs twice.
    I hope it is just lint. The thing is, it's really hard to detect because it happens one out of every 50 to 100 times.

The problem is that when I am typing, sometimes clicking the space bar one time, will force-input 2 spaces, meaning it will insert a period and start a new sentence.
    I've been sending alot of texts. Like this.
    02-02-12 11:24 PM
    Annoying as all h*ll. Let me know how things go. Talk to you soon!
    02-02-12 11:34 PM
    I would also suggest blowing it out from at least 3 different directions since you really don't know where it is trapped. Hoping that cures it for ya. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    02-02-12 11:37 PM
    Annoying as all h*ll. Let me know how things go. Talk to you soon!
    I have the exact same problem. Thought it was just me pressing it twice by accident because I type too fast!!

Any ideas what might be causing this problem??
    02-02-12 11:51 PM
    DC I have noticed this issue as well and like u it only happens sometimes. I don't remember it happening with the 7.0 OS only since I moved to 7.1. There was a thread on here with a cpl other people having the same problem. I just don't remember when but nobody knew where the problem was coming from. I catch the period thing most of the time but it is a small pain to have to double check all messages b4 sending then.
    02-03-12 12:00 AM
    Thanks Albee, Will do, I guess I'll be picking compressed air up before coming home tomorrow.
    It's only the space bar as far as I know, None of my other keys have been giving me the problem. At first I thought it was because my hands were shivering and I accidentally hit it twice but I tested it and it randomly inputs twice.
    I hope it is just lint. The thing is, it's really hard to detect because it happens one out of every 50 to 100 times.

The problem is that when I am typing, sometimes clicking the space bar one time, will force-input 2 spaces, meaning it will insert a period and start a new sentence.
    Unfreakingbelieveable....how long have you been using berries for...
    02-03-12 12:05 AM
    that it a normal BB function....nothing wrong with it. if you want more space you keep space pressed... otherwise you double click at the end of sentences to full stop........

All my BB do so..to he honest I don't know if is typing preferences related, as I never cecked but it is definetely not an issue
    Last edited by albertinik; 02-03-12 at 01:22 AM.
    02-03-12 12:16 AM
    that it a normal BB function....nothing wrong with it. if you want more space you keep space pressed... otherwise you double click at the end of sentences to full stop........

All my BB do so..to he honest i don't know if is typing preferenced related, as I never cecked but it is not an issue
    Holy crap albert read the post, Deathcommand knows how to use a berry. And is more than capable of knowing when it doesn't function correctly. Never underestimate people you have only recently met. And double spacing brings up a period. Arrogant ___!
    By the way Abuser<Genius by about 1,400 posts!
    Last edited by albee 1; 02-03-12 at 01:39 AM.
    02-03-12 01:29 AM
    I have the exact same problem. Thought it was just me pressing it twice by accident because I type too fast!!

Any ideas what might be causing this problem??
    +1
    I've had the same experience. I had always put it down to an overly sensitive spacebar...
    Not a huge deal for me though.
    02-03-12 08:50 AM
    So..
    I have tried 2 things.
    First, I tried to press down on it really hard. (obviously not enough to break it.)
    Then I air canned it. Not too close, but I tried.

And I think the issue is gone..
    But I'm not entirely sure. Of course I can't really test it fully, you know?

I'll keep it updated.

And yes. lol. I know what I'm talking about when I refer to my BlackBerry by the time I get to my 4,500th post.
    02-03-12 09:24 AM
    The whole os is laggy. I type the letter (I) and it misses it most of the time. And I know for a fact that I'm hitn the letter. You can litterally see the key rate lagg then type all the letters you just hit. This blackberry is crap
    02-03-12 09:26 AM
    Unfreakingbelieveable....how long have you been using berries for...
    3 Years. I've been at 4.3, 4.5, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 and 7.1.
    I have used an 8330m by force and fell in love,
    I hit my 1000 posts by the first year when I was learning how to put together and install hybrids.
    I have been trying to help out the CB community for quite a while.
    I have been frontpaged on CrackBerry a few times, one of which times I was on video in a video contest as a finalist and winner.
    I have taken apart all the phones I own except for my 9930 so far, I have loaded the OS over 20 times.
    I built many themes and offered all for free because it makes me feel good.
    I am able to get into parts of your phone that you didn't even know existed, such as the Engineering Screen, The Hidden "Test" function, The Buyers Remorse section of the status menu and probably more.
    I write for a site that gets over 60,000 hits per month and was frontpaged a few times as well.
    I contribute to the CB community as much as I can.
    I have been using a Berry for 3 years.

How long have you been using a berry?
    And what contributions to the BlackBerry Community have you offered?
    02-03-12 09:35 AM
    The whole os is laggy. I type the letter (I) and it misses it most of the time. And I know for a fact that I'm hitn the letter. You can litterally see the key rate lagg then type all the letters you just hit. This blackberry is crap
    I can send you my address, Send it to me if you don't want any more problems. I'll even pay for shipping.

I have no problems. lol.
    02-03-12 09:38 AM
    Ouch... that bites. That is definitely weird how it is inconsistant. I would've guessed that maybe it was an issue similar to the "aaaa, nnn,mmm" issue. But I doubt it. Hope the canned air did the trick for you.

And yes wow, can't believe someone would talk to you as if you were a noob. Can't people clearly see ummm... Crackberry Genius?
    Last edited by dustanh; 02-03-12 at 10:18 AM.
    02-03-12 10:16 AM
    First, I tried to press down on it really hard. (obviously not enough to break it.)
    Then I air canned it. Not too close, but I tried.

And I think the issue is gone..
    But I'm not entirely sure. Of course I can't really test it fully, you know?

I'll keep it updated.
    Keep us posted! Am curious to know if the compressed air did it.

As I said, it never really bothered me before, but now that there is a thread on it I've become hyper aware....
    02-03-12 10:24 AM

More than likely it's some fine lint or dirt lodged under the keyboard...compressed air may or may not get it out, but if you disassemble and reassemble the device, you should be able to resolve the issue. I'd try that before replacing the unit. There is a comprehensive guide on that here...and I've done it - takes only a few minutes.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-clip-640961/

There are also plenty of videos that demonstrate how to do this as well...a Google search yields quite a few of them in fact. Here --

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=9900+disassembly+instructions
    Last edited by FBA; 02-03-12 at 10:46 AM.
    02-03-12 10:37 AM
    3 Years. I've been at 4.3, 4.5, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 and 7.1.
    I have used an 8330m by force and fell in love,
    I hit my 1000 posts by the first year when I was learning how to put together and install hybrids.
    I have been trying to help out the CB community for quite a while.
    I have been frontpaged on CrackBerry a few times, one of which times I was on video in a video contest as a finalist and winner.
    I have taken apart all the phones I own except for my 9930 so far, I have loaded the OS over 20 times.
    I built many themes and offered all for free because it makes me feel good.
    I am able to get into parts of your phone that you didn't even know existed, such as the Engineering Screen, The Hidden "Test" function, The Buyers Remorse section of the status menu and probably more.
    I write for a site that gets over 60,000 hits per month and was frontpaged a few times as well.
    I contribute to the CB community as much as I can.
    I have been using a Berry for 3 years.

How long have you been using a berry?
    And what contributions to the BlackBerry Community have you offered?
    Like I said Dc, ignoramus. The hardest part of educating is trying to teach those that assume they know everything on their first day at school.

Well hopefully your issue has been put to rest. It might take you another 100 messages or emails to know for sure. See you in the forums brother!
    Last edited by albee 1; 02-03-12 at 01:05 PM.
    02-03-12 01:01 PM
    I'm hoping it worked. I'll be looking for a glitch for a while.

I'll be seeing you around Albee. :P
    02-03-12 02:19 PM
    Like I said Dc, ignoramus. The hardest part of educating is trying to teach those that assume they know everything on their first day at school.

Well hopefully your issue has been put to rest. It might take you another 100 messages or emails to know for sure. See you in the forums brother!
    You are so frustrauneosly FUNNY!

Memorandum for you [ No matter how long you have spent at school but on how quick you can learn from the time spent in it]
    Last edited by albertinik; 02-03-12 at 07:37 PM.
    world saviour likes this.
    02-03-12 07:30 PM
    Hey DC. You didn't search too well I guess because I posted this same exact problem in the middle of January and it pops right up but you are "The Genius" though huh? Maybe you're goal should be "CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses"........... or do you feel better just making people feel below you?

Really not trying to be a to you DC, just don't like those that DO know try to make those that DO NOT know feel stupid. Believe it or not, you've helped me a few times and I didn't have that impression of you. All Good.......
    Last edited by keyhole; 02-12-12 at 11:12 AM.
    02-11-12 10:33 PM
    I think it IS a hardware issue and you should replace it asap.
    02-11-12 10:44 PM
    The issue I had is the opposite. Whenever I hit the spacebar it wouldn't register. It was VERY annoying because it's random. It happens everytime I type, but not every word. I reloaded the OS, I'm using .585 but it got worse. So I got a brand new replacement today.

Off topic. Another reason why I got mine replaced is because a lot of people were complaining that they couldn't hear me. They said I sounded like I was talking under water or that I sounded muffled. I did read the thread about the under water part. I hope the new one I got don't have the same issue.
    02-11-12 11:02 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD