-why doesnt BBSAK connect to BB if Blackberry Desktop Manager is running?

-the worst is that even when you close Blackberry Desktop Manager, it will still be running in the background without your knowledge. (even so that a novice wouldn't know - except someone that can spot it and end its process through "windows Task Manager")

is their a subliminal tiff between RIM (Blackberry Desktop Manager) and BBSAK?
    08-28-11 01:59 PM
    BBSAK uses an app named javaloader to connect to the device and do what it does, which is a RIM app that comes with the development software for BlackBerry. So it's nothing to do with that.
    08-28-11 02:07 PM
    I was unable to connect using BBSAK since I installed the latest version of Desktop. I reverted to an older version of desktop, and then BBSAK connected just fine and I deleted the intro video from my 9650. I seriously doubt RIM "hates" BBSAK though, or even gives them any consideration when working on desktop manager much less intentionally designed the latest version of DTM to "block" BBSAK.
    08-28-11 02:07 PM
    I think RIM did do something differently with their most recent release of DM. I wasted about an hour a couple weeks ago trying to install a hybrid through apploader / DM (as I'd always done before without a hitch) and had no luck whatsoever. After downgrading I had no problem.
    08-28-11 02:21 PM
    I think RIM did do something differently with their most recent release of DM. I wasted about an hour a couple weeks ago trying to install a hybrid through apploader / DM (as I'd always done before without a hitch) and had no luck whatsoever. After downgrading I had no problem.
    You are absolutely correct.
    The latest version of DM blocks BBSAK.
    I made the mistake of switching my device from 9800 to 9900, which messed things up.
    I needed to wipe and reload the OS and BBSAK wouldn't connect.
    I thought that was an OS 7 thing but the I used my cousin's laptop which had the older DM installed and I was able to connect with BBSAk.
    08-28-11 02:29 PM
    Has anybody had any luck with DM 7 or will we need to stay downgraded until a workaround is figured out?
    08-28-11 02:51 PM
    Not sure why, but BBSak on my system is working with DM 7 installed

Before I installed DM 7 I uninstalled DM 6 and all user settings, so I think I have clean system to start with.
    08-28-11 03:40 PM
    BBSAK uses an app named javaloader to connect to the device and do what it does, which is a RIM app that comes with the development software for BlackBerry. So it's nothing to do with that.
    i believe you buti dont think thats why BBSAK wont connect when DM is running. afterall, they were both using java loader before and all was well.
    08-29-11 12:00 AM
    I was unable to connect using BBSAK since I installed the latest version of Desktop. I reverted to an older version of desktop, and then BBSAK connected just fine and I deleted the intro video from my 9650. I seriously doubt RIM "hates" BBSAK though, or even gives them any consideration when working on desktop manager much less intentionally designed the latest version of DTM to "block" BBSAK.
    i am suspecting RIM because DM,BBSAK,BBH Tools and other 3rd party tools use to work together smoothly before and i usually use each while the other is running. so i know what i am saying.

what i mean by "all of the time" is that i upgrade at least 3 times per week for my friends/cousins/bosses/etc

what pissed me off was that i took me 24 hours (after nuking my 9900, in the processes of clean installing) to realise that it was "BbDevMgr.exe" that was preventing my 3rd party tools from connecting.

i thought it was my PC USB driver that had issues. i went to HP online to download its driver but BBSAK wont connect. i restarted my PC, opened Device Manager, and updated, un-installed and installed all USB stuff there but BBSAK wont still connect.

i was pretty pissed because i had not "flexed" with my 9900 for 2 hours before i decided to update to .269 and now its showing me "error 507" and f***ing BBSAK wont connect.

i found out that i was DM when my aunty brought her laptop to my room to update something for her. it just occured to me to try it her BBSAK will connect. Luckily for me, DM was not running.

that was how i found the solution two(2) weekends ago...but it still bothered me if RIM purposely stage-managed that stunt.

the question remains " why will desktop manager keep running after you close it from your desktop"?
    08-29-11 12:02 AM
    It keeps running because YOU chose the check box to launch DTM when device is connected.
    08-29-11 07:02 AM
    It keeps running because YOU chose the check box to launch DTM when device is connected.
    is that really the cause?
    so how do i uncheck it?
    08-29-11 08:10 AM
    Tools->Desktop Options
    08-29-11 08:13 AM
    thanks.
    i knew i will find it if i search but i just want to be lazy..
    08-29-11 08:17 AM
    I just used bbsak yesterday to wipe my tour, I have the latest dm but no beta. bbsak would not work until I disabled uac (win7) and took my lappy offline then it found and wiped my phone no problem. I do have the device manager loading at startup and didn't close it or change anything with it.
    08-29-11 09:09 AM
    BBSAK isn't needed, at all and here's why:

You only need to use Javaloader for a device wipe and it can be found anywhere on the web. It works with every OS as well, since it's built by RIM.

To do anything else, you use the DM...and BBSAK uses RIM's Javaloader in any case to wipe, as well as the DM to install, so it really has no use for anyone IMO.
    08-29-11 09:45 AM

You only need to use Javaloader for a device wipe and it can be found anywhere on the web. It works with every OS as well; it's built by RIM.

To do anything else, you use the DM/loader.exe...and BBSAK uses RIM's Javaloader in any case to wipe, as well as the DM to install, so it really has no use for anyone IMO.
    08-29-11 10:03 AM
    i dont agree with what you have just said. its like you are assuming that everyone is a professional. some people just entered the BB world. BBSAK help them to do a simple upgrade by clicking 4 buttons. i think thats good.
    08-29-11 10:55 AM

You only need to use Javaloader for a device wipe and it can be found anywhere on the web. It works with every OS as well; it's built by RIM.

To do anything else, you use the DM/loader.exe...and BBSAK uses RIM's Javaloader in any case to wipe, as well as the DM to install, so it really has no use for anyone IMO.
    How do you load individual .jads/.cods with DM?
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    09-04-11 08:29 PM
    You load individual application using the DM, as was intended by RIM - for years now, long before OTA installs. I did one last week when I had to load a video server client app on my 9900. The load instructions are easy to follow. BBSAK isn't needed, regardless of whether the user is a novice to BB's or not. DM/Javaloader (made by RIM), which is as simple to use as BBBASK is all that's needed and in fact, Javaloader isn't really required either.

In fact, if one wanted to do a clean install on a BB...you'd only have to do the following:

1) backup the device using the DM backup/restore feature.
    2) perform a "security wipe" on the device using the "security wipe" feature on the device.
    3) upgrade the OS using the DM.
    4) restore or selectively restore the backup to the device, once again - using the DM.

No rocket science required, or BBSAK.

A security wiped device getting an OS upgrade with no backup or restore at time of OS install/re-install, is the same as wiping the OS on the device. You just choose to NOT backup and restore during the upgrade. The END.
    mhw100 likes this.
    09-05-11 11:39 AM
    A security wiped device getting an OS upgrade with no backup or restore at time of OS install/re-install, is the same as wiping the OS on the device. You just choose to NOT backup and restore during the upgrade. The END.
    I tried this with a corrupt OS one time on a 9700 and the corruption still existed after the upgrade. The corruption wasn't eliminated until after I actually wiped the device. Maybe a coincidence but since then for the few extra minutes involved in wiping the OS, I start from a clean slate. I'm not an expert though.
    09-05-11 01:08 PM
    You load individual application using the DM, as was intended by RIM - for years now, long before OTA installs. I did one last week when I had to load a video server client app on my 9900. The load instructions are easy to follow. BBSAK isn't needed, regardless of whether the user is a novice to BB's or not. DM/Javaloader (made by RIM), which is as simple to use as BBBASK is all that's needed and in fact, Javaloader isn't really required either.

In fact, if one wanted to do a clean install on a BB...you'd only have to do the following:

1) backup the device using the DM backup/restore feature.
    2) perform a "security wipe" on the device using the "security wipe" feature on the device.
    3) upgrade the OS using the DM.
    4) restore or selectively restore the backup to the device, once again - using the DM.

No rocket science required, or BBSAK.

DM is limited in its feature. there are features on BBSAK 1.9.1 that isnt in DM.
    09-07-11 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD