Hello guys!

I actually look at the Blackberry Bold 9900 for his awesome CPU, his support for 3D apps and his OS (BB OS7).

I was previously looking for the Blackberry Style 9670, which is a great price/quality product, but I heard that it will be discontinued in like 6 months.

So here's my question: does the BB Bold 9900 worth the price? What is new with it?

I think that the price is pretty expensive, so I better be sure about my choice before buying my first Blackberry...

And if I choose to get the style 9670 instead, would it be a great choice?

Thank you everyone!
    10-10-11 03:26 PM
    Get the new iphone, use that, if you don't like it sell it on ebay and buy the bold. Because the iphone will get you more resale value than the bold. Because if you don't like the bold and try to resale it you won't make as much as the iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 03:32 PM
    this phone will still be around in 2 yrs time.
    10-10-11 03:57 PM
    If you liked the old BOLD series, and want a serious work phone with some horse power.... you will absolutely LOVE this phone.
    The OS is fast, the screen is great, the camera is good.

The web browsing is awesome, I'm a realtor and constantly use my phone on the 'go'... let me tell you that this phone delivers.

Plus the battery life is awesome to boot.

I don't have too many 'background' apps running besides a weather app, and my battery, with all day usage lasts me around 36 hours... that's without charging it overnight.

On days I use tons of internet apps... it easily gets me through 24 hours.

Just my opnion. Go try it.. the keyboard is bigger, it's lighter and the touch screen is awesome.
    10-10-11 04:18 PM
    I love my bold 9900, it definetly worth the price

10-10-11 04:27 PM
    I paid $550 + GST for mine and I think it is worth it. It's a great phone imo for what I use it for which is mostly communicating.
    10-10-11 04:46 PM
    I base everything I purchase on cost per usage. I have the 9930 and I use this phone a couple dozen times per day. These phones are built to last at least two years.

Add in how beautiful this phone looks and feels and in my estimation it is priceless.
    10-10-11 05:11 PM
    Paid full retail for an unsub'd/unbranded 9900. Would do it again.
    Vijik likes this.
    10-10-11 06:00 PM
    Yet another personal question no one can answer but yourself, is it worth it to you?
    Vijik likes this.
    10-10-11 06:40 PM
    9900 def worth it
    10-10-11 09:29 PM
    but then again its a personal decision
    f
    10-10-11 09:30 PM
    I recently got the phone for 425 of my own money. Worth it.
    10-10-11 09:42 PM
    I don't understand why people think you're stuck with a phone just because they're on contract.... I'm on contract for a droid and I'm using a BB... My last contract was a droid also (they still had 1 year contracts then). Within that same year I had 3 different android and 2 different blackberry phones. You can always get a phone off ebay/craigslist and sell what you're using people. It's not that difficult.
    10-10-11 09:51 PM
    I would have paid 100 bucks more. 99xx is an awesome device and just recently NFC is adding even more possibilities. I sound like a broken record but the 99xx and playbook are two awesome devices that are unmatched in their abilities. Get some apps out there and better basic input control for PB and RIM might start picking up some Apple fans.
    10-10-11 10:32 PM
    If you liked the old BOLD series, and want a serious work phone with some horse power.... you will absolutely LOVE this phone.
    The OS is fast, the screen is great, the camera is good.

The web browsing is awesome, I'm a realtor and constantly use my phone on the 'go'... let me tell you that this phone delivers.

Plus the battery life is awesome to boot.

I don't have too many 'background' apps running besides a weather app, and my battery, with all day usage lasts me around 36 hours... that's without charging it overnight.

On days I use tons of internet apps... it easily gets me through 24 hours.

Just my opnion. Go try it.. the keyboard is bigger, it's lighter and the touch screen is awesome.
    How do you get 36 hours of battery life?
    10-11-11 12:07 AM
    OP, you need to consider what YOU need from a phone and decide which fits those best. 9930 fits mine perfectly, but you and i might have very different needs. sure, the style is a joke compared to the bold, but if it meets your needs and is $200 less, you can consider it seriously. maybe even the new iphone4 would do well for you, but it sounds like you arent too excited about shelling out lots of money.

make a list of core needs, do research on all phones (not just bb), go to store to try out the final options, then make purchase. i think the 99xx will amaze you but like Bla!ze said, this is a personal question/decision.
    10-11-11 12:49 AM
    How do you get 36 hours of battery life?
    I'm getting about the same with moderate use. On a weekend I can about 48 hours but in all honesty it is really used sparingly then. I shrunk out the social media apps and other things I don't use plus I have the phone set to turn off at 11:30 PM and come on at 7:00AM.
    10-11-11 12:50 AM
    I think its worth the price
    The style is rubbish
    If you wannt to get a bb it should be the 9900

10-11-11 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD