This is exactly how I perceived battery drainage to be (post #19 in this thread). ALL apps drain batteries somewhat. Thanks for input .
    07-22-12 03:57 PM
    They all drain the battery to a certain extent but some seem to have an excessive drain even when they're supposedly not in use. With BeBuzz 5, which in my understanding is supposed to set led lights, I'm seeing an almost constant battery drain (I've even seen 7% in CPU usage) even when no leds are activated. I have no idea why this would occur. I think Jaydee meant that Advance OS & LED didn't continue to drain the battery at an excessive rate when idle. Maybe someone with some expert knowledge will jump in to explain.
    Exactly right. Some apps have processes running in the background that you CAN'T turn off and therefore, they use CPU and battery slightly.

When I ran an app called "What's Running in My Phone" i had an average of 56 processes running constantly in my phone...and I have BeWeather, BeBuzz and Social Scope as the only apps I would THINK need to be periodically running. 56!!!! so there's the memory loss, the battery use, etc.....

Maybe someone else can explain how BeBuzz and Advance OS and LED work to us tho. And maybe that is already in another thread?
    07-22-12 05:21 PM
    Why not look at "Application Management" on your own phone and find out for yourself instead of asking others to look it up for you like a little kid?

Click to view quoted image

Yeah, that's right, 12.5 seconds in the last week with auto updates every 45 minutes.

So no, it isn't draining your battery kids.
    I tried that... BeBuzz seems to be the most used app, that is the reason I am asking!
    07-23-12 01:43 PM
    If BeBuzz is using a lot of cpu time or the resource manager is killing it, then drop it for Advanced OS and LED.

Frankly I'm surprised people still buy BeBuzz at this point.
    07-23-12 02:04 PM
    Thanks, I'm going to give it a try.
    07-23-12 02:18 PM
    Maybe someone else can explain how BeBuzz and Advance OS and LED work to us tho. And maybe that is already in another thread?
    lol, while im waiting for App World to approve version 14.6 of my app, i can explain few things

- LED light is a major issue and both apps provide forever (none stop) LED lights.
    - Memory and CPU are the worst, but the new ARM (resource monitor) will save the day, hence Bebuzz Core was born

however with good coding practice you can avoid ARM, thus avoiding extra battery drains (i was able to add around 20+ more apps on top of the LED feature, even with ringtones now, and yet ARM wont flag my app which is running in the background all the time with the load of so many apps )

it all goes down to understanding the core hardware and software (JVM), but that's our (devs) problem , as for our users, there is no 1 best option, choose the app that best fits your needs.

as for battery issues, i suspect Bebuzz core will have new versions coming out soon, so keep an eye on it
    AxKxB likes this.
    07-26-12 02:31 AM
    It's been nice to use BeBuzz but it looks like it uses polling to catch incoming alerts and do the led colour change thing. I can see it jumping on the CPU monitor every second. I think I will give Advanced OS & LED a try.
    10-06-12 11:14 PM
    lol, while im waiting for App World to approve version 14.6 of my app, i can explain few things

- LED light is a major issue and both apps provide forever (none stop) LED lights.
    - Memory and CPU are the worst, but the new ARM (resource monitor) will save the day, hence Bebuzz Core was born

however with good coding practice you can avoid ARM, thus avoiding extra battery drains (i was able to add around 20+ more apps on top of the LED feature, even with ringtones now, and yet ARM wont flag my app which is running in the background all the time with the load of so many apps )

it all goes down to understanding the core hardware and software (JVM), but that's our (devs) problem , as for our users, there is no 1 best option, choose the app that best fits your needs.

as for battery issues, i suspect Bebuzz core will have new versions coming out soon, so keep an eye on it
    Good work! Are you going to bring this application to BB10? It's a must have!
    10-07-12 09:45 AM
    Good work! Are you going to bring this application to BB10? It's a must have!
    I don't think bb10 can support my app, led options are very limited, its sad as I have already expressed my problem to blackberry, but no action from them yet.
    10-07-12 10:12 AM
    I love bebuzz but the arm kills him saying its using all resources must try other app.

EDIT: I installed THE CORE VERSION on my phone and now i dont have anymore the blackberry device analyser saying anything.
    BEBUZZ BACK TO MY PHONE my favourite app since my first BlackBerry
    Last edited by sgpika; 10-16-12 at 05:04 AM.
    10-15-12 01:33 PM
    BeWeather does. It helps to set it to update 3 hours or more. Anything more frequent will cause battery drain.

I've had to uninstall Bebuzz. It didnt play nicely with the most recent OS 7.1 update. My phone would randomly blink weird colors or not at all. It was just too much so I had to uninstall. It was a great app though
    10-15-12 02:18 PM
    This is very interesting. I'm a relatively new subscriber to BeBuzz and like it very much. Toast, different LEDs, etc. But I'll watch my battery, especially since the upgrade to .714 (or whatever OS it was I upgraded to yesterday) with a low threshold for jumping ship.
    Last edited by whitbags; 10-16-12 at 10:16 AM.
    10-15-12 02:57 PM
    Hey!

Ive bought and tried all the apps that have been mentioned on this thread. Deleted some, kept some...But here's something to think about - you're going thru all this effort to save battery and CPU usage... why? I mean, there's a "quality of life" issue to consider. If you turn your thermostat on your home furnace down to 60 degrees all winter, you'll have a lower gas bill. You'll also be cold most of the time. If you use nothing but 20 watt bulbs in your lamps, you'll have lower electric bills, but you'll be spending your evenings in a kind of dim twilight. This is not a dress rehearsal for life, and life is for living and enjoying (same goes for 'smart-phones'), so why not relax and just use the apps & phone the way that's most comfortable for you and quit worrying about the battery - when it needs a charge, plug it in to the wall charger and let it rip.

BTW: Advance OS & LED ROCKS it is an absolute must have! Excellent app Sultan!!
    10-16-12 03:10 PM
    I love bebuzz but the arm kills him saying its using all resources must try other app.

EDIT: I installed THE CORE VERSION on my phone and now i dont have anymore the blackberry device analyser saying anything.
    BEBUZZ BACK TO MY PHONE my favourite app since my first BlackBerry
    I have the paid BeBuzz app. Does the core version mean a new purchase?
    10-18-12 11:32 AM
    http://m.bellshare.com/bebuzz

Scroll down and ull see the core version.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-18-12 07:48 PM
    If you purchased the main app the core is included as I recall.
    10-18-12 10:39 PM
    He asked about beweather and bebuzz.
    bebuzz core doesnt drain
    about beweather, I dont use it cause the best features are US only. Im in Portugal.
    Love bebuzz.
    11-04-12 06:38 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD