The back looks like a carbon fiber type case, but when i feel it it's awfully smooth and I like to put my phone on it's back on the table. Do you think this type of case will scratch easily? I don't like have cases on my phones so an alternative i'm thinking about is a protective film for the back... does anyone know if there's such a thing right now? (Havent found it on ebay.)
    08-15-11 11:22 AM
    ive been using mine naked for 5 days now, no issues
    08-15-11 11:31 AM
    Do you put it on tables and stuff?
    08-15-11 11:55 AM
    Yes.

Even if handled very carefully you will see some slight scuffing on the left and right vertical edges of the battery door in a month or so. The good news is that the clear glossy finish is quite thick and you can buff these edges back to a mirror finish with some ultra fine compounding paste.

If you place a straight edge on the back of the battery door you will notice that these two vertical edges stick out just past the back surface of the battery door. You 9900 rests on these edges only when set on any surface. They will get scuffed first.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-15-11 at 12:25 PM.
    08-15-11 11:58 AM
    Yes, it will scratch. I have nothing on it right now, I don't think there's anything on the market for it yet other than a skin
    08-15-11 12:50 PM
    The back looks like a carbon fiber type case, but when i feel it it's awfully smooth and I like to put my phone on it's back on the table. Do you think this type of case will scratch easily? I don't like have cases on my phones so an alternative i'm thinking about is a protective film for the back... does anyone know if there's such a thing right now? (Havent found it on ebay.)
    Have you tried a rusty nail yet and wetn across the back several times to see how easy it will or won't scratch?
    Of course just kidding!!
    08-15-11 01:10 PM
    doesnt seem overly sensitive what i can tell after 5 days...
    08-15-11 01:12 PM
    I'm using an Incipio hard case for the 9900, which is perfectly contoured to the phone, even where the side concave in to the back. It added about 1mm of thickness and fully protects the phone, maybe not like an Otterbox, but still a very good level of protection. Without a case, the battery door will scratch in the 1st 10 minutes of use.
    08-15-11 01:21 PM
    What you should do is get a screen protector and trim it till it covers the carbon part. That's what I did. Also its not carbon, its a glass composite with a carbon weave

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-11 10:38 AM
    Yes,it does. Had it for more than 3 months, its a bit scratched now.
    11-19-11 10:46 AM
    scratch magnet.
    11-19-11 10:50 AM
    I have 2 scratches on the battery door which I'm sure was caused by the case it came with I don't use the case anymore but I have put a screen protector on which I trimmed to size. Works great and you can't tell it's there.

11-19-11 08:22 PM
    Would that part crack or break if you drop it on the back?
    11-19-11 10:14 PM
    It should not break, it is pretty strong and durable. The phone will most likely stop working due to the drop haha.

11-19-11 11:08 PM
    the edges of my battery door are scratched to sh*t, but i've been rocking it naked since september.. placing it on all kinds of surfaces.. this is why i miss the faux-leather from the older bolds.. apparently you can polish most of the scratches off, have yet to try it..
    11-19-11 11:18 PM
    Been said already. Scratches like a *****. RIM should of made the backing leather.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-20-11 04:14 AM
    It should not break, it is pretty strong and durable. The phone will most likely stop working due to the drop haha.

Lol im asking that because I could drop/throw my 9650 and nothing would happen to it, I'm wondering if could take as much damage as it
    11-20-11 04:25 AM
    I have been using full body invisible shield from Zagg on a lot of devices, now in my 9900. Not even minor scratches on BB9700, and I used for a year and a half.
    But, the downside, is really tricky to apply on the device.
    11-20-11 05:00 AM
    They are known to scratch so easy. I got clear packing tap its the same width of the battery door and never peals looks good and protects it. Love my bold 9900 with my Playbook and bbm music just saying.
    11-20-11 06:15 AM

I've had mine over 2 years. I purposefully drop it from shoulder height all the time to freak out iphone users Blackberry for life!!! It stillworks like a gem.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-10-14 06:32 PM
    Surely it will scratch..

I applied a layer of film on it..

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD