Hi,

I am kinda getting concerned about the constant threads i am seeing for bricked 9900 Bolds, i got one about 3 weeks ago and other that **** poor battery life it's good. Does anyone know what is causing it or if it has to do with a particular carrier. I hope i did not buy a dud.
    12-02-11 11:36 AM
    Most people with a bricked phone will reach out for help, which is why you see the posts here. But the vast majority of people have no issues whatsoever. Yours has been working for 3 weeks and will with almost 100% certainty continue to work well for months / years. Enjoy it.
    UrbanGlowCam and buttercup_10 like this.
    12-02-11 11:44 AM
    12-02-11 11:47 AM
    The forum also has suggestions to improve battery life. I am getting a good 12 hours on moderate - heavy use on 3g and that is good (meaning that's on par or better with ios devices). If totally heavy use on 3g (like I'm stuck waiting for a plane and can't be bothered to power up my ipad) then I can still get a good 6 hours which is still pretty good.

The day my phone bricks I would yell and get a 4s. No just kidding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-11 07:19 PM
    Hi,

I am kinda getting concerned about the constant threads i am seeing for bricked 9900 Bolds, i got one about 3 weeks ago and other that **** poor battery life it's good. Does anyone know what is causing it or if it has to do with a particular carrier. I hope i did not buy a dud.
    When after charging the phone wont turn on and you can't get anyhing other then a blinking red light then its truly bricked; quite a few people claiming bricked phones have a different and often solvable problem.

My phone bricked the other day after 4 weeks. I took it back to the store i got it from and the manager said this was this first case he had seen (keep in mind this store is insanely busy, i wait a half hour at least every time I go there). At first my thinking was that for every person who comes to this board talking about a bricked a phone there are hundreds who have no problem and therefore say nothing, but, if that was the case then a person who had multiple phones brick would be extremely rare. According to these boards there are quite a few people who have experienced several 'bricks'.

Now I'm no expert, but from everything ive seen I do believe it is a hardware problem. RIM tries to say its because they are working with a new os but keep in mind OS 7 is really just a fancy version of OS 6 (the original 6.1 name would have been more fitting); additionally if it is a software problem then they should have released a patch by now. Every bricked phone costs them money, not to mention people who are holding out buying the phone because of the problem. They have known about this for awhile now and if a patch were the answer then creating it should be a top priority.

The negative publicity of admitting a hardware defect would really hurt an already ailing company. If the public gets it in their minds that blackberry phones are defective (which I think they are) it will effect RIM for years to come. This is actually a serious problem, had i realized how big of a problem it was i dont i would have bought this phone (i have like 3 days left to change it for something else but what am i supposed to get, a iphone?)
    Last edited by Jonny1500; 12-02-11 at 08:10 PM.
    12-02-11 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD