Does anyone know how to tell what BIS version Verizon is running on? Is it the newly touted BIS 4.1 that was supposed to be pushed out beginning October 8th or what? I've searched the forums and blogs, even contacted VZW and nobody seems to understand. I want to know because it is supposed to allow me to download attachments of up to 8MB amongst other features. Last week I received an email and when I went to open the attachment, it said it was larger than the "2.9MB" allowed.

C'mon, someone has to have an answer here?????
    10-24-11 03:54 PM
    Are you running the recently released .374 OS? If not, connect your phone to Desktop Manager and upgrade it.

Next, re-send your service books. See if that fixes things. I believe all NA carriers were upgraded to BIS 4.1 two weeks ago.
    10-24-11 05:08 PM
    i have been wondering the same thing keyhole
    10-24-11 05:11 PM
    I downloaded the new .374 last week but did not resend my service books. Are you sure It won't cause harm to re-send the service books, because if not, I'll do it right now!!!
    10-24-11 05:17 PM
    Resending the service books does not do anything bad.
    10-24-11 05:19 PM
    I am sure that the word would have been posted here if the new BIS was running here in North America. The CB folks are pretty good about keeping up with things like that.

Having said that, I think you've answered your questions here. If you couldn't open a small attachment, then the new BIS likely isn't here yet.
    10-24-11 05:21 PM
    BIG NEWS (for me anyway)......BIS 4.1 is available! I called VZW and they had me go to Options<Device<Advanced System Settings< Host Routing table < Menu button < Register now< to reactivate your device. They then sent me new service books at the same time. Once all normal email testing was completed and ok, I sent my phone a 4 MB movie clip/video from home and sent it to my Bold 9930. I clicked on the attachment and low and behold, it started downloading the entire video. No "Exceeds 2.9MB Capacity" message. After the download, it played like a dream on the new BIS 4.1 Thanks for all of your suggestions. The Key
    10-24-11 06:22 PM
    Do you have to call Verizon to get it?
    12-05-11 09:22 PM
    Do you have to call Verizon to get it?
    I don't think you have to call them to get it. Just follow what he did by going in to options and get the new service books.

Anyone here knows if this is out for Telus Canada?
    12-05-11 10:35 PM
    For everybody is you wanna know :
    Add a new email to your device, you can delete the existing emails if you don't have a spare email once the email is configured check to see if you have the most recent emails if YES your carrier does indeed support BIS 4.1, if no , they don't
    When I got my 9900 3 days ago I configured my email and say my recent emails, which means my carrier MTN Nigeria supports BIS 4.1
    12-06-11 08:22 AM
    I don't think you have to call them to get it. Just follow what he did by going in to options and get the new service books.

Anyone here knows if this is out for Telus Canada?
    It doesn't seem as thought TELUS has launched 4.1.

To test, besides sending a large attachment to see if it can be downloaded, add a new email and see if it says "Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone".

That's the new default auto signature used for all new accounts for all carriers worldwide.
    12-06-11 09:53 AM
    I recently tried to open an attachment of 6.8 MB and it would not work. I am on VZW, is there any way to get BIS 4.1?
    01-15-12 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD