My last two Bolds had a magnetic switch that would turn the phone off the instant I put the phone into its holster. I picked up a Seidio holster and the 9900 does not turn off when I put it into the holster. Does this phone not have that feature, or is it just lacking from the holster maker?
    05-10-12 09:20 PM
    it worksin the oem holsters not sure about sedio...
    05-10-12 09:22 PM
    Yes, the 99xx series has this function. I suggest seeing if your holster is compatible
    05-10-12 09:25 PM
    The sensor is near the trackpad. If your holster doesn't have a magnet in that area it will not work.
    05-10-12 09:28 PM
    Yes it has, the oem holster/pouch has a magnet built in that will let put in sleep mode.
    Check those seido's holsters.
    05-10-12 09:28 PM
    Mine did not come with a holster. I've owned Seidio holsters and batteries for all my previous BlackBerry phones, and they worked great. Now Seidio isn't offering any batteries and the holster has reduced functionality. Very disappointing.
    05-10-12 09:33 PM
    Mine did not come with a holster. I've owned Seidio holsters and batteries for all my previous BlackBerry phones, and they worked great. Now Seidio isn't offering any batteries and the holster has reduced functionality. Very disappointing.
    Seidio decided not to offer that many accessories for the 9900. It was their choice to do so.
    05-11-12 06:10 AM
    My last two Bolds had a magnetic switch that would turn the phone off the instant I put the phone into its holster. I picked up a Seidio holster and the 9900 does not turn off when I put it into the holster. Does this phone not have that feature, or is it just lacking from the holster maker?
    Not sure about the other bands but OtterBox does have a turn off feature on the Defender series. It's on the holster belt clip flat cone shaped and big as all day! But to answer your question yes in my case Bold 9900 does have the magnetic standby/sleep mode function.
    05-11-12 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD