i'm just curious how many people keep their 9900 or blackberry in general naked. I'm a clean freak so I love my case on at all times and i'm constantly wiping mine trying to keep it clean lol. but every now and then, i would rock it without the case on...only around the house cuz it's carpeted and all that lol. But please, I'd like to know. And also, do you have a screen protector on yours?
    Last edited by coldfir3; 02-20-12 at 10:02 AM.
    02-18-12 12:51 PM
    I have either the OEM hard shell or soft shell on all the time. And yes, there is a screen protector on also.
    02-18-12 12:54 PM
    i'm just curious how many people keep their 9900 or blackberry in general naked. I'm a clean freak so I love my case on at all times and i'm constantly wiping mine trying to keep it clean lol. but ever now and then, i would rock it without the case on...only around the house cuz it's carpeted and all that lol. But please, I'd like to know. And also, do you have a screen protector on yours?
    Naked. No protector. Everything is pretty much scratch free except the battery cover. Had it since Verizon released it. I do have a spare sitting in the desk drawer - just in case.
    02-18-12 12:55 PM
    although it is nice naked i prefer my CaseMate Barely There Case or iSkin Aura in Black. Both are very slim and snap on the back of the phone adding almost no thickness.

I also rock an Anti-Glare Screen protector which I love because it helps outside and leaves almost no fingerprints (keeps the screen clean)
    02-18-12 01:00 PM
    prefer it naked, but got oem black softshell black + screen-protector, better be safe then sorry.
    i might consider to try out the oem black hardcase.
    02-18-12 01:04 PM
    I use it naked with the sleeve on during weekdays and on weekends switch over the OEM hard shell.
    02-18-12 01:23 PM
    Naked, I don't like cases but I'd use the BlackBerry leather pouch.
    02-18-12 01:34 PM
    I used to but once a few scratches got on the back and steel band...yea I figured to with it.

The phone looks a little too good to keep covered up, plus there is NO case yet that is thin enough to make it worth it. No scratches on screen that are terrible.

I'd worry about resale value but I don't buy these in the hopes of keeping them all nice and shiny to sell later.
    02-18-12 01:40 PM
    Yes, I just use an OEM leather case when I ride my horse or carry it (the BB, not my horse) in an overcoat pocket.
    02-18-12 01:43 PM
    Naked!! I've never used a case on my phones, I do have a few scratches on the bezel at the top but apart from that it still looks brand new!!!
    02-18-12 01:48 PM
    I keep it naked but only until my OEM soft shell skin arrives this week. I've been very careful because I've only had the phone for a week and I don't want to drop it.
    02-18-12 02:17 PM
    that's normal, give it some more months and maybe you will see yourself throwing the phone here & there.
    02-18-12 02:20 PM
    I can't make my mind up, I use an OB Commuter a lot but also go naked when feeling brave.
    Seems a shame to cover such a lovely looking handset up but until I deburr the metal edge it feels better in the case.
    02-18-12 02:27 PM
    So far I just use the holster that came with it and no issues yet. I find the size to be perfect in my hand. I do use a screen saver from verizon.
    02-18-12 02:29 PM
    I like how it looks when it has a case, so I always have one on it. I have a few cases, too. I only use the TPU cases since I think they're pretty cute and super cheap. Good for everyday protection, too.
    8230 and ria__x like this.
    02-18-12 02:39 PM
    Naked except for the OEM holster.
    02-18-12 03:20 PM
    Naked all the time. Not afraid of some scratches. 9900 is a workhorse
    02-18-12 03:23 PM
    I think it's too sexy to cover up. Naked since the day I brought it home.
    02-18-12 04:18 PM
    Wish I trusted myself enough to keep it naked. However having tried this several years back with a beautiful, shiny new red 8330 curve, I learned my lesson. Dropped it on day 1 and scratched it on the top. Keeping my 9930 in the OEM soft shell (which I really love btw). No screen protector tho.
    02-18-12 04:43 PM
    After five berries with very small minute dings, I am no longer a proponent of letting a device go commando. My 9900 has an OB Commuter and Seidio Active holster.
    02-18-12 04:56 PM
    Well, I WAS keeping it naked (had it since AT&T finally released). Had never had issues with the naked 9000 - had to put back cover and battery back on numerous times after dropping over couple years, but never any cracks, etc.

Dropped the 9900 a few times (too slim and slick for its own good!), but never noticed damage. Until a couple of days ago. Have a long crack near top of screen, left to right. More troublesome is small chip near the LED. Rut-roh...

Have a half-dozen cases ordered (from CB, of course). Got to see which is the slimmest, yet still has a bit of "bumper" to protect his beautiful screen. Don't like screen protectors, but may have to do that, too. So once the case is decided, a new glass has been ordered from phone docs, and everything will be like new again.

Oh, well - couple hundred $$$ later, lot smarter...
    02-18-12 05:01 PM
    No case and no screen protector. I'll probably get a side pouch soon though.
    02-18-12 05:37 PM
    I never have put a case on any of my berries, but that will change when my ob comutter case arrives on Tuesday.
    02-18-12 05:41 PM
    I use the following case
    one come with the 9900 that has the clip and the other one i just got it today with out the clip

i love to use the one without the clip, maybe use the clip when i am wearing a suit or something

Attachment 103035
    02-18-12 05:56 PM
    Have been using a case bought from Verizon when I bought the phone. It is relatively light, hard, clips on the back, has a folding easel stand and fits into a second component holster that I haven't used. But just received the faux leather replacement battery cover that is a really nice look, softens the back a bit, and may encourage me to try going naked. (The phone - won't discuss my preference.)
    02-18-12 06:09 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD