Not only did I see that line but I also comprehended what he was saying. He's not buying it unlocked from at&t he's getting the sim lock taken off.

Or did you not see that?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for reiterating, however, you did not comprehend the meaning of my post.

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    04-23-15 08:40 PM
    I'm still using my 9900 that I bought Nov 2011. I've been toying around with upgrading, but then I read about some of the function that I'll lose, and I'm not willing to do that just yet.
    04-25-15 10:07 PM
    Yes I do but I must say farewell my old trusted companion. In a couple months I'll be up grading from a 9930 to the BB Classic on Verizon. Having two Curves before that (8530/9330) I guess you would say a physical key guy. Well yes and no. My wife has a DROID Razor and I'm familiar with it and I appreciate its strengths which are many. I can type pretty fast on it and it has very good entertainment ability. In short I like the DROID a lot. However I came from PALM (Z22/TX) then onto the BB's. I'm a guy that thinks of my devise as an efficient tool or assistant in my life. Therefore I like efficiency and my trusted friend the Bold Touch fills that bill beautifully. Also the thing is so robust that once I stupidly dropped into a rain puddle and it was fully submerged for about five seconds. I looked down and saw the home screen starring up at me through the water as if to say to me "REALIY"!! I did a battery pull and there was no water inside. I let it dry and no problems, amazing. When the time comes I will gladly move onto the Classic with great anticipation. However I will always have a warm spot in my hart for my Old Trusted Companion, the Bold Touch. T500J

PS. I upgraded to a Moto 2nd Gen and I use 2 phones the other is my off line 9930. The Venice has caught my eye. We'll see what happens.
    Last edited by Titan500J; 09-22-15 at 04:07 AM. Reason: update
    05-15-15 07:12 PM
    9900/9930 work fine and are used by lots of people. unlike people who walk around without looking up because they are playing a game or watching a video the users of 9900/30 tend to look around and see the environment they are in and do not count people on Facebook as friends. This is an alien place to many people and it does sound scary.
    rayporsche, donemt, 1TIME and 2 others like this.
    05-17-15 05:28 AM
    This is my best machine for 20 years during which I have used mobile phones.
    05-18-15 06:40 AM
    You bet. Still using a 9930 as a daily driver. It's a communications beast. We also have a Q10 and like it but it's not as quick to use as 9930. Our carrier (Sprint) doesn't carry the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 09:55 PM
    @sigint99: how Blackberry cannot copy their own OS7 Calender is beyond me. I'm assuming it is not the programmers, which means the fault is that of BB management. A Slider? Waste of time & effort. Fix your software first!
    The OS7 calendar is so much better than anything that's been available on BB10. It would be great if BB could just give us the OS7 user interface running on QNX, but that's never going to happen.

"Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place." -- John Bender
    idssteve likes this.
    05-30-15 10:11 PM
    Up until 2 weeks ago I was still using my beloved 9900... initially, when the Q10 was released I immediately wet out to use the device, but that BlackBerry feeling I love just wasn't there, so I reverted back to my 9900. When the Passport went live I gave that a demo and the size was not only awkward but cumbersome for my little hands. When the Classic was released I didn't want to get my hopes up so I held off until T-Mobile began selling BlackBerry's again, that is what drove me our of sheer support to give the Classic a whirl. A choice I have been incredibly happy with! Beautiful device with all the features and components I love about BlackBerry right there on the blazing BlackBerry10 OS. The only device that has made me feel comfortable retiring my beloved 9900... (but i'm keeping it shelved within reach just in case!)

Posted via CB10
    idssteve and mushroom_daddy like this.
    05-31-15 06:39 AM
    So on point about the calendar, that's my favorite feature. I really OS7.
    06-02-15 12:38 AM
    Pick up a Playbook preferably a 4g. It's the best accessories for the 9930. I now use Moto X 2nd gen and a 9930. I use the 9930 for stuff I want secure, passwords, notes, agendas and as a MP3 player with a speaker. I don't use it as a phone or for e-mails anymore. However if you do know this, it's a data sipper and for trips out of the country it's amazing. Blue tooth in the car sucks. Camera, 1-10 it is a 4. Form factor, 10-10.

T500J
    09-22-15 03:56 AM
    Yes Suswap the BB7 calendar is better than on my Moto x 2nd gen!!
    09-22-15 04:00 AM
    I'm really tempted to upgrade to the Classic but it seems too clunky and inefficient compared to the 9900 I'm using now. I dropped by 9900 about 30 ft down a flight of stairs onto a hard marble floor, the phone hit the floor with such intense impact that the battery door went flying off along with the battery.

I thought the phone was broken and I needed a new screen. When I picked it up and inspected it I was surprised to seeo nly a scratch in the bezel corner, the screen was perfectly intact and I put the battery and cover back on and everythin worked as usual.

I see threads in the Classic forum with cracked screens along with the paint chipping on the bottom of the Classic because it's plastic unlike metal on the Bold 9900. I do wish it didn't freeze up and that it had a bit better memory but I'm sticking with it until at least the Classic 2 comes out. They sure don't make them like they used too.
    And if you do break it it cost less than $20 in parts to fix it

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    09-22-15 09:50 PM
    I bought a 9930 about 2 weeks ago.
    I plan to use it in the near future.
    It was the best phone I've ever owned.
    09-23-15 08:22 PM
    I just finished a one month stint on a 9900 - that thing still kicks ****, particularly at email and texting.

I actually prefer the os7 sms layout compared to bb10's.

That being said, I've been on the Classic for the past 3 weeks and loving the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    09-23-15 11:13 PM
    I would still be using my 9900 if we hadn't switched to Cricket Wireless. It doesn't support BIS, so I had to get rid of my Bold.
    09-24-15 10:32 AM
    I would still be using my 9900 if we hadn't switched to Cricket Wireless. It doesn't support BIS, so I had to get rid of my Bold.
    Why would you support a carrier that doesn't allow you to use the best pkb phone ever made?

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    09-26-15 06:11 AM
    What do you do with it besides calls and texting/emailing?
    Alarm clock
    09-26-15 07:43 AM
    Why would you support a carrier that doesn't allow you to use the best pkb phone ever made?
    Simple! It's way cheaper. My Passport works well on it, so it was a matter of cost/benefit ratio.
    09-27-15 10:58 AM
    I just finished a one month stint on a 9900 - that thing still kicks ****, particularly at email and texting.

I actually prefer the os7 sms layout compared to bb10's.

That being said, I've been on the Classic for the past 3 weeks and loving the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    same here. My q10 is in compaint service so I have to use 9900. Wish q10 was al well made as bold (ear speaker got broken).

Bbos got me reminded why i switched from iphone 3g to 8900 years ago. It works as it should!
    10-11-15 05:01 PM
    Some people (like me) want a portable writing device with buttons that occasionally sends/receives texts. I almost never use it as a phone. I hate touchscreen input and I can just keep buying these used for almost no money, and running them into the ground. I am just now having to retire my 8320, which I bought used in 2009.
    10-11-15 06:36 PM
    Blackberry need to do 'two things'

1: Re-release the bold9900 with dual core 2GB ram BBOS10 (they wont though)

or..

2: Develop the Blackberry Hub for OS 7.1 (so no more bis emails) many youngster I've seen are getting bold9900's for its serious sleek look and they cant stand the fact you need BIS to access emails... and logic email isn't always reliable.

Im sure they could develop the hub for os 7.1
    outlooker likes this.
    10-12-15 09:59 AM
    Still have a Curve / Bold / Pearl 3g (OS6) in use...

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    10-12-15 10:11 AM
    I went "back to Black" after a year with an Android Sammy drove me totally nuts. I bought a 9900 off Amazon and waited until the Z30 came out. I loved it, but it was locked to AT&T, so I got an unlocked Z30 after a year. After nearly two years with the -30, I sprung for the Passport SE: I really wanted LTE back, and I got to go hands-on with it when a colleague of mine bought one.

The only issue I have with the SE is it doesn't fit in the under-seat pouch on my bile -- also a little bulky for gym shorts. To solve that problem, I resurrected the Bold and got a new SIM from the AT&T store. I forward calls to the Bold when I go for a ride or to the gym (or any other time the SE is a little awkward). I even have BBM Protected on it for my work chats, and I LOVE it! Kudos to my friend for the idea -- he keeps an older iPhone around for similar situations.

So, YEAH! Still rockin' the 9900!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    10-12-15 10:42 PM
    How would you guys compare the 9900 to the Q5?

First time BlackBerry user here, and the more I read about BlackBerry the more interested I become in the 9900 (and the classic).

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:18 AM
    Blackberry need to do 'two things'

1: Re-release the bold9900 with dual core 2GB ram BBOS10 (they wont though)

or..

2: Develop the Blackberry Hub for OS 7.1 (so no more bis emails) many youngster I've seen are getting bold9900's for its serious sleek look and they cant stand the fact you need BIS to access emails... and logic email isn't always reliable.

Im sure they could develop the hub for os 7.1

it's a good idea...I wanted an upgrade to Classic or Passport (as a import, because carriers in my country don't want to sell Blackberry) but battery in those devices are not removable, and this is important for me. I think I will continue using my Bold many years...

Sent from my powerful BlackBerry 9900
    10-13-15 10:08 AM
234 ... 34567 ...