Do we now ? Every day of the week and twice on sunday.......... IMO it is a great business tool, serious 'communications' device and in our case for those really needed banking applications like 'Square' among others, the Z10 steps up to the plate..............
    03-04-15 05:26 AM
    I do have a love hate relationship with this phone.

Have been using it for a few days, I find it to fit some of my needs. Keyboard shortcuts are great, so are the sound profiles, replaceable battery, etc. Plus I have 2 Seidio charging/sync docks I can use.

But I hate that I can't get my brokerage account and bank apps for it. The camera is horrible. Can't use Link to access text messages and emails from my computer. Can't sync my Hotmail calendar to symc properly. Can't get my gmail account added, even if I turned on "allow less secure apps to access the account".

Grrrrrr
    03-04-15 10:34 AM
    I use it as a music device. The ncf is finally usable. Lol. Talk about ahead of the curve!!!
    (no puns allowed)

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:53 PM
    I got my 9900 the day it released through my carrier and still have it. Although my current daily driver is now a Classic, I don't think I'll ever get rid of my Bold. It's such a solid device and will use it as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    03-05-15 01:02 AM
    Yes!! There are probably more of those legacy devises in circulation than the newer Blackberry 10 units
    . (Yes so very true because even I use a Blackberry 9930!
    03-05-15 01:28 AM
    I do use my Bold 9930 at all after upgrading to a Q10 but I do take it out from the sock draw at times just to pretend I'm typing a message. Lol.
    03-05-15 10:18 AM
    I do have a love hate relationship with this phone.

Have been using it for a few days, I find it to fit some of my needs. Keyboard shortcuts are great, so are the sound profiles, replaceable battery, etc. Plus I have 2 Seidio charging/sync docks I can use.

But I hate that I can't get my brokerage account and bank apps for it. The camera is horrible. Can't use Link to access text messages and emails from my computer. Can't sync my Hotmail calendar to symc properly. Can't get my gmail account added, even if I turned on "allow less secure apps to access the account".

Grrrrrr

No bank apps but you can create a shortcut by book marking the bank website.
    03-05-15 10:21 AM
    I switch between my Q10 and my Bold 9930 pretty often. I love my Q10 for the better camera, bigger screen and gesture based interface, but the Bold is the best tool for communication. You just can't top the trackpad, toolbar and the many keyboard shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and Trauma Surgeon like this.
    03-07-15 06:59 PM
    Yup. Still rocks if you don't really need 4g and apps. Well, If it's one piece. Back slides off, and more pieces keep coming off... Frankenstein phone now... Hate to give it up for a classic but no choice.. Still waiting for rogers to allow preorder of the white. For emails and calls and calendar now that bb10 completely ruined the calendar app it still way way way better then bb10,
    03-07-15 07:37 PM
    Hate to give it up for a classic but no choice..
    Why do you have no choice? 9900's are easy to come by online used.
    03-07-15 09:04 PM
    Yes. Bold 9900 is being used in my household, its the same device that my son or his gf use when they lose iPhones.

Q10, Z10, best ever Z30
    03-07-15 09:10 PM
    Why do you have no choice? 9900's are easy to come by online used.
    4g and acceptance that more and more lack of support for bbos it will be obsolete. Not sure how much they'll even keep it going in canada since it's so tied to their servers... I can see carriers and bb just terminating it sooner then later. Also, more and more app support is important for banking etc..

Just sucks that bb were idiots and not being consistent with their os like iOS and android, bb10 dould have looked identical to bbos even if the backend was completely new and implements things slowly like hub etc every year.. No loss of functionality and just small leaps every year with the launch of new devices. Instead years on many of us still look back and miss so much for so little in return. Sad that a 3yr old device and os can still be so highly regarded because the alternative is hardly better...
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    03-08-15 09:27 AM
    Fair enough. I understand the 4G desire and the banking apps. I recently went back to my 9930 and didn't last due to these same reasons. In addition, there are some Google apps that I missed having. Play Music all access for example.
    03-08-15 11:31 AM
    Most of the people at my job uses the 9900/9930. I just upgraded to the Q10 and using exchange activesync

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:17 PM
    Most of the people at my job uses the 9900/9930. I just upgraded to the Q10 and using exchange activesync

Posted via CB10
    Curious what you think of bb10 and what's the reasoning behind your works colleagues sticking with the bold?
    03-09-15 05:58 PM
    Curious what you think of bb10 and what's the reasoning behind your works colleagues sticking with the bold?
    They sticking with it because my IT director will not get BES12. He is still on BES Express. I told him about BES12 and all its new feature but he says BlackBerry will die in the next 10 months.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:06 PM
    I told him about BES12 and all its new feature but he says BlackBerry will die in the next 10 months.

Posted via CB10

Wow not the most positive attitude.

I am the one that knocks...
    03-09-15 07:10 PM
    New today in Crackberry so I want to colaborate with this topic:
    My 9900 is also a love and hate relationchip. My firt BB was a 8520. Very happy with this device. 2 years old sevice without problems. Very stable and very good
    battery life. Changed for a 9320 and very happy with this phone too, Changed for a 9720 and a Little bit better battery life and keyboad, good enought camera and reliable but
    very difficult to find basic accesories like covers in Spain. BlackBerry devices seems to be in Europe a Jurasic park kind of search.. Im a physical keyboard lover so no offers here now and have to rely again on a BB device. I started looking a new 9900 in hardware markets and find mine in perfect conditions.

Battery life is worse than any of my olders BB, thats a shame because this device is preatty much a fantastic designed phone, very stylish and elegant. Led shine
    much better than 9720 but lacks FM Radio. I find this phone functional, elegant, and simple because I mostly use this phone for sms, calls, and text without data plan.
    OS in a bit older, a Little obsolete and new applications are imposible to get but is a solid and reliable phone for basic needs.

Have to say I have it now with Berrylicios OS RC22 and battery life seems to be a litle better, not so much if you use 7.1.0.1098 from Claro Argentina, but enought
    for a "decent" battery life. 1230 mAh for this device was really a very bad R&D decisi�n for sure.
    03-10-15 10:45 AM
    I always get a chuckle when I read this. Not exactly a sweeping indictment on his own product, no?

Guess who still uses a BlackBerry? (A BlackBerry Bold 9900 to be exact)
    PapaGary likes this.
    03-10-15 11:08 AM
    Battery life is worse than any of my olders BB
    I find the 02 UK version is good for battery life: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-o2-uk-865486/. I don't know if it's any better or worse than the other recent versions, but it's way better than my original OS. I agree that the 9900 can't compare to older berries for battery life regardless of OS.

a Little obsolete and new applications are imposible to get but is a solid and reliable phone for basic needs.
    I posted a list of commonly used applications in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/. Maybe it would be of help to you.
    03-10-15 03:57 PM
    They sticking with it because my IT director will not get BES12. He is still on BES Express. I told him about BES12 and all its new feature but he says BlackBerry will die in the next 10 months.

Posted via CB10
    Well.. I have no very good vibrations now about Blackberry destiny. I would like they survive but ..

9900 users are for now an irreducible crow of soldiers
    Last edited by SpaBold; 03-12-15 at 03:19 PM.
    03-12-15 03:08 PM
    Actually, I am probably going to surprise you. I am a former HTC VX One user. I used to be a BlackBerry addict, till they decide not to go with modern times and I had to divorce them,, which I thought would be permanent. I fought a virtual keyborard for over 3 years; finding out, I Need a Real Physical Keyboard. Trust me, I wish I could use a virtual keyboard, it would be much simplier. However, sigh, I am a real keyboard addict. I recently bought a BB 9900 unlocked just to get back to the balckberry experience. Yes, I traded a lot of convience, but I got a lot more of what I wanted in return. Now I am just waiting to get the money together to get a BB classic. The time is coming. Love BB.
    axllebeer and Trauma Surgeon like this.
    03-15-15 12:06 AM
    yes,i still use bb 9900,
    i used to change my phone every year when i was young,with camera/no camera ,colour screen/black-white screen,even a simple change in the new phone can cause my desire of buying one just like change girlfriend
    but when i met blackberry,every thing changed ,i began to know it's of no mean changing phones every year.i felt bb 9900 is designed for me ,just like i met my wife
    after several years of usin it ,it carries my stories ,as long as it won't break i won't betray it.
    03-15-15 08:30 AM
    To me the bold 9900 still looks good. May I ask, how is the battery life of the bold 9900 compared to the iphone 5?
    03-15-15 10:27 AM
    I still use mine as a backup phone and as an alarm and calendar/electronic to-do list because the calendar app on my S5 is terrible. Honestly for such an old device it still looks sleek and responds well. Plus legacy BlackBerrys are virtually indestructible, all the Samsungs and iPhones I've used have cracked, scuffed, chipped or even bent once whereas my old 9900 survived countless drops and some serious abuse but still works like a charm!
    Last edited by MrJiver; 03-16-15 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Typo
    03-16-15 12:58 PM
234 1234 ...