I was looking at a 9900 today on .261 that was not as bright as mine on .353. I realize there is color temp variations between LCDs but can the OS be tweaked to increase brightness on one device or the other?
    09-14-11 11:58 PM
    OS 7.0.0.353 was designed so that the screen brightness goes to eleven.
    "...for when you need that extra push over the cliff."
    DannyJK likes this.
    09-15-11 01:10 AM
    Seriously or are you joking? I can't run the spinal tap vid from work but I assume this has the boys talking about cranking their show up or something similar?
    09-15-11 12:38 PM
    lol? people has been asking some kind of stupid things on this forum now lol why xDD
    09-15-11 12:41 PM
    I was looking at a 9900 today on .261 that was not as bright as mine on .353. I realize there is color temp variations between LCDs but can the OS be tweaked to increase brightness on one device or the other?
    The only thing you can do to make your screen brighter if you wish is by using the setting for screen brightness... However if you choose to go into your options and start changing settings for screen brightness and things like backlight time out etc. it always comes with a price, It is called battery lasting not as long as you want so now you have added another problem. If you are not in the sun ot outside i would find a happy medium and leave it alone as I would rather my battery last longer throughout the day.
    09-15-11 01:38 PM
    From my experience with updating numerous Blackberrys for years, I've never really seen the brightness change. USUALLY that is more related to hardware. But like someone said, temperature can be changed through software. I recall the Nexus S update 2.3.3 adjusting the screen color temperature earlier this year.

Nexus S 2.3.3 update adjusts screen's color temperature, we go eyes-on -- Engadget

I kinda doubt there will be much change there for us. Samsungs have a tendency to have color issues where they are over saturated so adjustments needed to be made there. The Blackberry displays are fine. Slightly better viewing angles would be nice from the sides but I'm happy with mine.
    09-15-11 01:51 PM
    For fun I had 2 side by side .261 then loaded 353 on one of them and found there to be no difference in brightness. Not scientific obvioulsly but interesting.
    09-15-11 09:54 PM
    actually was checking out today bell vs roger 9900... all from the same plant, same settings etc

all the rogers devices seemed a bit brighter BUT the few bell devices had richer colors. (tested 6 rogers devices and two bell)
    09-15-11 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD