How can I access my 9900's (Rumble) media server using either Windows Media Player 11 or Explorer in XP? i can only find instructions for Windows 7. Is this even possible?
    05-10-12 02:04 AM
    I had the same question, & couldn't figure it out, so can't help.

Whereas Windows 7 sees the 9900 immediately, I guess XP needs to be told to look for it via "Add Network Place" like the Playbook. But, although I think giving it the IP address of the device worked, it always failed because I don't know the file structure on the device.

My best guess was \\xxx.xxx.x.xx\Media Card\Blackberry\music

..but that didn't work. So my last hope is that me failing to answer you bumps this into the view of someone who's figured it out.
    08-28-12 04:21 PM
    I had the same question, & couldn't figure it out, so can't help.

Whereas Windows 7 sees the 9900 immediately, I guess XP needs to be told to look for it via "Add Network Place" like the Playbook. But, although I think giving it the IP address of the device worked, it always failed because I don't know the file structure on the device.

My best guess was \\xxx.xxx.x.xx\Media Card\Blackberry\music

..but that didn't work. So my last hope is that me failing to answer you bumps this into the view of someone who's figured it out.
    it hasn't really been too helpful around here lately, I've noticed....more people interested in tearing down RIM and BB users in general, it seems, then providing solutions or descriptions of the technical reasons why something won't work.

I can't even get add network place to recognize there is a place to connect to. So you have gotten farther than I.
    08-28-12 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD