My, how quickly we forget our roots. The 9700 was the best bb up until a few weeks ago... Congrats to you and your next 3 years with robbers!

We havent had a touchscreen bb in 4 years but all of a sudden its the best thing. I guess its been a long wait for some of us.

I love seeing iphone users carefully holding their phones at the edges being very careful where they swipe their fingers. Its very important not to touch the screen accidentally with another finger or you may lose your spot! The best is when they hand the phone to someone else, it looks like surgery, they are so careful!

Its all very condusive to being "mobile" and on the go :-)
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 08-26-11 at 02:13 PM. Reason: vulgar
    08-26-11 12:05 PM
    if you want one of the new BBs without a touchscreen return your bold and get the new curve...

the touchscreen wins!
    08-26-11 01:02 PM
    Welcome, just want to let ya know, around here we keep the language clean. Use of derogatory terms, and inappropriate language won't be tolerated.

Consider it warned to keep it clean.
    08-26-11 01:33 PM
    I got it that there is no way to disable the touch screen
    is there is a way to just disable it while call , i lock it every time i recieve a call manually and yet it opens sometimes alone !!! touching speackers or ending the call ! please help i am so fed up with this every time i recieve a call same ...
    12-29-11 03:11 PM
    if u use the touch screen in conjunction with the pad and keyboard its blinding fast to use the phone and its fast phone to keep up with the inputs!!

I know a 3rd control element may throw ppl off and make some of us wanna conform to just the keyboard and trackpad but try using the screen instead of trackpad and u'll learn...change is good, dont be all old school now!!
    12-29-11 09:43 PM
    I got it that there is no way to disable the touch screen
    is there is a way to just disable it while call , i lock it every time i recieve a call manually and yet it opens sometimes alone !!! touching speackers or ending the call ! please help i am so fed up with this every time i recieve a call same ...
    Unless you are using bluetooth or speakphone the proximity sensor should lock the screen as soon as it gets close to your face (mine works perfectly, I never hit the touchscreen with my face).

But, if you are still having problems many of the locking apps on app world have a feature which locks the device during a call. Just search 'lock' and you'll find a BUNCH. Read up on features and pick your favorite.
    12-29-11 10:21 PM
    Whoa, take it easy smart people. Touch screens are great if you're sitting in one place AND using your device with both hands AND concentrating. If you're on the go and need to get in and out quickly, the touch screen will absolutely slow you down and you will always have miss-touches. No single touchscreen phone can beat the speed and accuracy of bold 9800 (os5) in any task period.

So, ya, the comment is pretty valid.

I've had 4 droids and 2 iphones and I always came back to my 9800 because the touch screens wasted too much of my time when I was on the go.
    That's why there is also a trackpad and keyboard... you don't HAVE to use the touchscreen, and unless you use your device awkwardly I don't think you are going to be accidentally touching the touchscreen when 'on the go' if your hands are on the keypad and trackpad... it shouldn't hinder you at all
    12-29-11 10:24 PM
    I was not a touch screen fan at first but got my feet wet with the PlayBook. Took a little time to remember that the 9900 had touch screen too but i am really starting to get into it.
    Think about it like a computer. The trackpad is the curser keys and the touch screen is the mouse. Now try using your computer without the mouse. It's not imposible, but it sure slows things down.
    12-30-11 05:42 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD