I just realized I didn't answer Oniberry's second questions. I believe I could disable the screen on my HTC Doubleshot (My Touch 4G slide). It had a sliding keyboard, and a trackpad.

Blackberry lovers ONLY want the touchscreen for certain things, like pinch/zoom mapping, editing text docs, certain functionality while surfing web pages... Besides that, I would prefer to keep using the BB like I have in the past. Lightning fast menu selection and keyboard strokes, with the fewest touches necessary. During the course of business, when you check email, voicemail, text or call all day long, and at times are touching your device almost on a minute-by-minute basis, you can get frustrated very quickly by mistouches. Blackberry is the cure for that. Every other phone I've had (Iphone, Android, Windows) just can't measure up in that way. And I should also mention that nothing compares to the BB when it comes to single-handed use. That's another biggie.
    01-02-12 08:43 AM
    i like the touchscreen i find navigating first faster and more fun. bold no touch screen would be like a bold 9080 loll
    01-02-12 04:11 PM
    Why don't you just use the touchscreen for just browsing long documents or finding a certain message. The trackpad will become over used and will stop working one day for you so Touchscreen will be used as an emergency.
    01-02-12 04:37 PM
    I'm surprised that this thread is still cruising. How many BB phones are around now? We have just the 9900/30 with a beautiful keyboard and touchscreen combo right? And somebody can't wait to disable the touchscreen. Jeez buy one of the other Blackberries for heaven's sakes. No offense intended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-12 12:27 AM
    splorer - i would venture to guess that you spent more time typing messages on this thread than you did with a 99xx in your hand. but if you truly hate the touchscreen so much, but want a bb, turn on your 9650 again or buy another bb without a touchscreen. i believe if you used a 99xx for a few days as heavily as you seem to use a bb, you would quickly adapt to hybrid touch screen/pad usage that would just flow. you can tap the pad to bring up the quick option screen then tap what you want. in a few subtle thumb movements. the options are plentiful. i have had my 9930 for 4 months and i cant recall ever touching the screen when using the pad. but i use the screen for almost everything, which i guess means im not a bb lover.

but.... to each their own. the phone must do what the user needs to be most productive. i hope the galaxy s2 gives you many months of happy use. it sounds like you have used all the phones on the market, so the galaxy must truly be superior to any bb currently available for you to choose it. i ended up taking the leap on the 9930, and thankfully i am happy with my choice.
    01-03-12 01:04 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD