good day!
    i would like to know how do i disable the device's gps and only enable location aiding?

the reason i would like to do this is to save battery by using network information instead of connecting to satellites for getting my location.

i know that my cell network support location aiding, and understand that location aiding only provide coarse location.

thank you for viewing and for your help!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 01:28 AM
    Not possible as far as I know
    04-11-12 01:51 AM
    You need everything ON in GPS setting to make it work, I don't think it will alone is gonna even work, I tried it, it didn't!
    04-11-12 03:17 AM
    yes i realised that else well. i do hope that RIM will consider this tiny feature as android phones are able to use location aid only aka network location. thanks for your inputs guys!

04-11-12 09:40 AM
    yes i realised that else well. i do hope that RIM will consider this tiny feature as android phones are able to use location aid only aka network location. thanks for your inputs guys!

I mean yes, But keeping GPS on does drain battery, even tho its been used when app uses it but its generally ON in the background, so i mean wish that was like apps only uses it and it stay as stand by so just in case if someone lost their phone could recover cause GPS was in stand by mode and than its been used

Anyways you are welcome
    04-11-12 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD