what os7.1 are you using? I'm 7.1.0.391 and the issue is very prevalent and a majority of my friends who have the bold 9900 and are using this build is having the same issue
    06-25-12 12:27 PM
    ok, so you don't have this issue because you are not an a newer build... it started in the x200 series builds... so at this point, this issue doesn't affect you.
    06-25-12 12:29 PM
    ok, so you don't have this issue because you are not an a newer build... it started in the x200 series builds... so at this point, this issue doesn't affect you.
    Ok. Good. Also I checked my wife's Bold just now (we work together). Her's is hecho en Mexico as well. So much for the made in Mexico Bolds have issues with direct sunlight theory.
    06-25-12 12:33 PM
    Well I do have a Mexico 4 Bold 9900 which does have the sunlight problem. So the whole production location means basicly nothing again.
    06-25-12 12:44 PM
    so .163 doesnt have the sunlight issue? maybe i should downgrade to that, anyone know the differences between .391 and .163?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-25-12 12:46 PM
    You are misunderstanding him. He agreed its a problem. It's a problem he is having as well. He isn't saying the problem isn't happening so I am not sure why you are freaking at him.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Well not freaking at him, but i remember when i posted the same thread others called us liars and all so do you think anyone have so much of free time to make an account here to lie and then reply others... thats all i meant
    and yes i wish and hope this problem gets solved in next release, and its not only mexican made handsets but Hungry too!
    06-25-12 01:05 PM

Well not freaking at him, but i remember when i posted the same thread others called us liars and all so do you think anyone have so much of free time to make an account here to lie and then reply others... thats all i meant

and yes i wish and hope this problem gets solved in next release, and its not only mexican made handsets but Hungry too!

Well its cloudy today so I'm on my 9900 to see if I can troubleshoot further. I agree about being insinuated to be lying which is why I was a little...snappy...when someone posts simply to their phones don't have the problem. Insinuates we are all exaggerating or lying. Wanna help? Don't brag your 9930 is fine and make suggestions.

Can I get a count on how many have 9900s with the issue and how many are 9930s? They technically are different OSs and every phone I've seen with the issue is a 9900. If its strictly 9900s then a 9930 user bragging his work great is of even less help.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-25-12 01:56 PM
    Well its cloudy today so I'm on my 9900 to see if I can troubleshoot further. I agree about being insinuated to be lying which is why I was a little...snappy...when someone posts simply to their phones don't have the problem. Insinuates we are all exaggerating or lying. Wanna help? Don't brag your 9930 is fine and make suggestions.

Can I get a count on how many have 9900s with the issue and how many are 9930s? They technically are different OSs and every phone I've seen with the issue is a 9900. If its strictly 9900s then a 9930 user bragging his work great is of even less help.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    It's just a stupid issue, just the trackpad doesn't like direct sunlight (hides it) and you can touch screen where ever where ever you like in any condition but i wish this be fixed soon and i had zero issues with the OS the phone was shipped with, but 7.1 brought a new life to the battery which wasn't as bad on 7.0 either but upgrading is good!
    06-25-12 01:59 PM
    I agree about being insinuated to be lying which is why I was a little...snappy...when someone posts simply to their phones don't have the problem.
    The OP said as I recall, he had one made in Mexico and could that be the problem. I posted that mine (in fact 2 I own) are made in Mexico and do not have this issue. In fact they are just about perfect.

So I was not replying to you at all. Nor implying or insinuating anything to anyone other than "being made in Mexico" does not mean your Bold will freak out in direct sunlight.

Chill.
    06-25-12 02:46 PM
    I don't know where my Bold was made. I do know that I never noticed an issue with sunlight until I upgraded from .163 to .342. It's really bad for me now. I'm staying on .342 because so far I am happier overall with that OS.
    06-29-12 05:33 PM
    For those who are having this problem with their phone carrier's official OS, your carrier will replace the device under warranty. I called T-mobile and I told them I had this issue and I wasn't the only one and they happily agreed to swap my device out. Also, they reported it to RIM so hopefully they see my device, and are able to fix it for all devices.
    06-29-12 10:57 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD