Hi guys

I replaced the cracked digitiser, and when I turn on the phone, the screen is completely dead.

Any ideas why, anyone have experience.

For those who will say, no, it's not the wrong version LCD. I kept my existing LCD. I only replaced the digitizer.

Thanks in advance.
    11-22-12 01:35 PM
    how did you crack your digitizer without cracking your screen?

you should have just replaced the entire setup, screen, lcd, digitizer. its extremely difficult to replace just one of those components without screwing something up. im sure you knew that though when you did your research and from all the postings on youtube

edit: im just curious how much money you saved by not buying the kit as a whole?
    11-22-12 02:04 PM
    Two phones, so I saved $90.

It's not too difficult to replace just the digitiser, what's more difficult is to find genuine BB parts.

I'm not too keen on buying the whole set up because I want to minimize the amount of fake parts used.

Either my digitizer is not compatible with the LCD somehow, or it was DOA.

They both got tiny hairline cracks in the front digitiser while I was on a construction site.
    11-22-12 03:39 PM
    Was the screen working before.
    11-23-12 02:38 PM
    Screen was working fine before
    11-25-12 02:46 AM
    You can't replace a digitizer, you cab try but you need a HEAT GUN, ADHESIVE RX4 AND THE OEM DIGITIZER. Not to mention very sterile environment, you need auction equipment to rwmove the oxygen between the glassand digitiZer.

Also because the digitizer on bebay are make Chinese plastic it will just melt.

You need a whole screen+digitizer, oem preferably.

Also on a corner there is a soldered connection that connects to your LCD. If you didn't solder it it won't work.
    11-25-12 09:53 AM
    Guy above said it all. I looked to do the same thing. Ended up buying "oem" screen assembly(digitizer,lcd,screen) works fine. Impossible to do otherwise(possible, hard as ). Cnn.cn is where I got my stuff at(didn't wanna buy another 9900 on ebay for parts)
    11-26-12 05:13 AM