Thanks I heard rumors they did but just wanted to find out for sure.
    03-15-12 03:26 PM
    Thanks I heard rumors they did but just wanted to find out for sure.
    AT&T never had it running. AT&T could not field test it so they turn it off completely.
    03-15-12 04:42 PM
    ^^Naw, AT&T is looking for a way to charge for it. Does Bridging=Tethering remind you of anything?
    Last edited by AugustArborists; 03-15-12 at 06:56 PM. Reason: EDIT
    03-15-12 06:53 PM
    ^^Naw, AT&T is looking for a way to charge for it. Does Bridging=Tethering remind you of anything?
    Yep there that too.
    03-15-12 07:39 PM
    I have NFC on my 9900.I am not using it but it is there in setup options.Every time before I load a new OS I clear out the vendorID= strings in Blackberry.Alx,phone.ALX and platform.ALX.For example the string gets changed from this:
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0" _vendorID="102|104|105|109|213|225|389|417">
    to this: <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">

I do it to every vendorID= string except themes every time,every OS before shrinkage.It gives BB Maps back and I figured anything ATT is trying to hide from me at least has a fighting chance.Been doing this since my Storm 9550.I did not come up with this,I read it in the forums a long time ago for a BB Maps solution.Open .ALX in notepad,use "find next" option in menu,click away and modify each string.It only takes about 5 mins then walaa NFC ATT.
    03-16-12 07:54 AM
    I have NFC on my 9900.I am not using it but it is there in setup options.Every time before I load a new OS I clear out the vendorID= strings in Blackberry.Alx,phone.ALX and platform.ALX.For example the string gets changed from this:
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0" _vendorID="102|104|105|109|213|225|389|417">
    to this: <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">

I do it to every vendorID= string except themes every time,every OS before shrinkage.It gives BB Maps back and I figured anything ATT is trying to hide from me at least has a fighting chance.Been doing this since my Storm 9550.I did not come up with this,I read it in the forums a long time ago for a BB Maps solution.Open .ALX in notepad,use "find next" option in menu,click away and modify each string.It only takes about 5 mins then walaa NFC ATT.
    Very cool.
    Good to know that someone can get back what they have paid for (NFC Hardware), specially if "the guy" on the other side of the table is another greedy carrier.

So, only changing Vendor ID is enough and there is no need to have service book pushed from the carrier before you can have NFC?
    03-18-12 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD