With the Torch I was able to look for contact and dial from home screen.
    I am not able to that as I have either to search or to use the some keys to launch apps.
    Is there away that let me immediately and directly look for contacts as soon as I start typing at the home screen ? Or I have to put the contacts icon at the home screen ?
    10-24-11 05:51 AM
    i dont use an OS7 bb but i expect the universal search feature should allow you to do that unless you have it turned off somehow

also you have to have all the items you'll like the search to look at when you do a search, so maybe your contact is currently checked off

if you go into 'options' and look for 'Search' under 'device', you'll see what and what are currently included for search by ur BB
    m.seif likes this.
    10-24-11 06:42 AM
    Just hit the left call button first, and then the first letter of the contact you wish to dial

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    m.seif likes this.
    10-24-11 06:48 AM
    Just hit the left call button first, and then the first letter of the contact you wish to dial

Thank you, but I thought I would save this "hit button" move like the older BB.
    10-24-11 07:12 AM
    Yep, universal search does this. Some turn it off in favor of more home keyboard shortucts with application search, but I find universal search more useful.
    10-24-11 07:28 AM
    If you have Universal Search enabled in Home Screen Preferences under Launch By Typing, rather than Application Shortcuts, and you have Contacts checked in your Search Options list, then dialling from the home screen should be exactly the same as it was on your Torch under OS6.

10-24-11 07:42 AM
    If you have Universal Search enabled in Home Screen Preferences under Launch By Typing, rather than Application Shortcuts, and you have Contacts checked in your Search Options list, then dialling from the home screen should be exactly the same as it was on your Torch under OS6.

Thank you, this should work.
    10-24-11 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD