Yet another one..

It is known that a restore for iPhone gives much better battery life. My friend was facing problems with his battery life on his iPhone 4s and i convinced him to do a restore. And his battery life jumped from 8 hours to 2 days.

On my 9900 when i am only on cellular coverage (wifi off) i get crappy battery life out of 3G (6-8 hours). But on edge it is trippled. Some users have very good battery life on 3G also (without wifi). Will a complete device wipe gladden me? Does wipe change that much?
    04-26-12 08:44 AM
    Well wipe will means that you have less applications installed on your BB. Which is why the battery lasts longer ?
    04-26-12 09:03 AM
    Yet another one..

It is known that a restore for iPhone gives much better battery life. My friend was facing problems with his battery life on his iPhone 4s and i convinced him to do a restore. And his battery life jumped from 8 hours to 2 days.

On my 9900 when i am only on cellular coverage (wifi off) i get crappy battery life out of 3G (6-8 hours). But on edge it is trippled. Some users have very good battery life on 3G also (without wifi). Will a complete device wipe gladden me? Does wipe change that much?
    I was just forced to wipe mine due to the dreaded 402 ATT mic issue. Just did it yesterday but so far I don't see any reason to be too optimistic. Looks like its dropping at about the same rate as before. I tend to agree its proably due to having fewer apps after the wipe.
    04-26-12 09:09 AM
    My friend restored to setting too. After the process it was like he didnt do anything, eveything was where it used to be.

And after my wipe i will load every app again...
    04-26-12 09:13 AM
    I had an issue with my keyboard, and I wiped the phone and then restored it and it fixed the problem, at least temporarily. I'm experiencing it again, so I'm thinking a wipe might be in order. I don't want to get it fixed because there is the potential I'll lose the awesome battery life I've been getting with the shipped battery if they send me a refurb.

JB
    04-26-12 09:32 AM
    Well wipe will means that you have less applications installed on your BB. Which is why the battery lasts longer ?
    Wipe does not necessarily mean you will have fewer applications. You will have as many applications on your device as you install, whether you wipe it or not.
    04-26-12 11:29 AM
    I had an issue with my keyboard, and I wiped the phone and then restored it and it fixed the problem, at least temporarily. I'm experiencing it again, so I'm thinking a wipe might be in order. I don't want to get it fixed because there is the potential I'll lose the awesome battery life I've been getting with the shipped battery if they send me a refurb.

JB
    Hey Pants, I had a double space keyboard / space bar issue and ultimately had to send my 9930 in for a refirb and it was the best thing I could've done. If this is your keyboard issue, a wipe won't last long, if at all (it's a known hardware issue).

When I sent mine in for the refirb, it not only fixed the keyboard problem (which I knew anyway because VZW told me it is a known hardware issue), but my battery life hasn't changed at all. They didn't send me a new battery with the refirb. You keep your battery and send only the phone back I believe. I have an extra battery and I very rarely need to change to the spare the same day. I do, however, change the batteries back and forth for usage only. Don't be afraid of the refirb. Seriously not an issue.
    04-26-12 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD