CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,031 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Device wipe - better battery life?

Yet another one..

It is known that a restore for iPhone gives much better battery life. My friend was facing problems with his battery life on his iPhone 4s and i convinced him to do a restore. And his battery life jumped from 8 hours to 2 days.

On my 9900 when i am only on cellular coverage (wifi off) i get crappy battery life out of 3G (6-8 hours). But on edge it is trippled. Some users have very good battery life on 3G also (without wifi). Will a complete device wipe gladden me? Does wipe change that much?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28060b1C

Well wipe will means that you have less applications installed on your BB. Which is why the battery lasts longer ?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    Yet another one..

It is known that a restore for iPhone gives much better battery life. My friend was facing problems with his battery life on his iPhone 4s and i convinced him to do a restore. And his battery life jumped from 8 hours to 2 days.

On my 9900 when i am only on cellular coverage (wifi off) i get crappy battery life out of 3G (6-8 hours). But on edge it is trippled. Some users have very good battery life on 3G also (without wifi). Will a complete device wipe gladden me? Does wipe change that much?
    I was just forced to wipe mine due to the dreaded 402 ATT mic issue. Just did it yesterday but so far I don't see any reason to be too optimistic. Looks like its dropping at about the same rate as before. I tend to agree its proably due to having fewer apps after the wipe.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,031 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

My friend restored to setting too. After the process it was like he didnt do anything, eveything was where it used to be.

And after my wipe i will load every app again...
    CrackBerry Addict

I had an issue with my keyboard, and I wiped the phone and then restored it and it fixed the problem, at least temporarily. I'm experiencing it again, so I'm thinking a wipe might be in order. I don't want to get it fixed because there is the potential I'll lose the awesome battery life I've been getting with the shipped battery if they send me a refurb.

JB
    If I've helped you or given you a healthy dose of reality, click the Like or Thanks button
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorGanaz View Post
    Well wipe will means that you have less applications installed on your BB. Which is why the battery lasts longer ?
    Wipe does not necessarily mean you will have fewer applications. You will have as many applications on your device as you install, whether you wipe it or not.
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by LordCrankypants View Post
    I had an issue with my keyboard, and I wiped the phone and then restored it and it fixed the problem, at least temporarily. I'm experiencing it again, so I'm thinking a wipe might be in order. I don't want to get it fixed because there is the potential I'll lose the awesome battery life I've been getting with the shipped battery if they send me a refurb.

JB
    Hey Pants, I had a double space keyboard / space bar issue and ultimately had to send my 9930 in for a refirb and it was the best thing I could've done. If this is your keyboard issue, a wipe won't last long, if at all (it's a known hardware issue).

When I sent mine in for the refirb, it not only fixed the keyboard problem (which I knew anyway because VZW told me it is a known hardware issue), but my battery life hasn't changed at all. They didn't send me a new battery with the refirb. You keep your battery and send only the phone back I believe. I have an extra battery and I very rarely need to change to the spare the same day. I do, however, change the batteries back and forth for usage only. Don't be afraid of the refirb. Seriously not an issue.