Does anyone know if the desktop redirector (I know, but it's my only solution. My work e-mail requires a VPN connection) will work with 9930? It requires Desktop Manager 5 or lower.
    08-17-11 11:29 AM
    I was wondering this myself... Have you tried the Enterprise E-mail option in DM6? Just wondering if that works as a replacement... I'd try it out on my Tour, but I'm working at a remote location with no access.
    08-17-11 11:56 AM
    I was wondering this myself... Have you tried the Enterprise E-mail option in DM6? Just wondering if that works as a replacement... I'd try it out on my Tour, but I'm working at a remote location with no access.
    I don't have an account on the BES. I work in a health care institution where security is very tight so I don't have a lot of options.
    08-18-11 11:20 AM
    Are you sure you need an account on BES? The way the options look in DM6 for Enterprise E-mail looks like all you need is Outlook open...
    08-18-11 11:55 AM
    Are you sure you need an account on BES? The way the options look in DM6 for Enterprise E-mail looks like all you need is Outlook open...
    You do. It said my administrator has not added my account to the BES when I tried it.
    08-18-11 12:35 PM
    Does anyone know if the desktop redirector (I know, but it's my only solution. My work e-mail requires a VPN connection) will work with 9930? It requires Desktop Manager 5 or lower.
    Bump to see if there is an answer to this, I am very interested myself.

I cannot seem where to find out what BB phones are compatible (or not compatible) with the various versions of DM.

Thanks
    08-21-11 02:27 PM
    Welp, Redirector does work! You'll definitely need to update your BB drivers in Windows for the device to be recognized under DM5, but once you do DM5 will recognize a different PIN when you connect your device and ask you if you want to switch. Tell it yes and you're back in business! How do I know? I just did it!
    mhj2 likes this.
    08-27-11 03:31 PM
    Thanks, good to know there's an upgrade path for me.
    09-06-11 10:03 AM
    Hi, where can i get the drivers?

I have a 9900 that is not working with Redirector.

Thanks
    11-25-11 05:22 AM
    I've tried it and it doesn't work for me. I upgraded my wife to a Bold 9900 & now she can't get her email, etc. Not a happy camper! Any idea what I can do to resolve? Redirector is still looking to send email to her old BB Curve!! Should I delete everything BB related from her laptop & reinstall? Just wondering if it'll help before I proceed.

Thanks!
    Keith
    12-18-12 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD