Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Desktop Redirector w/ Bold 9930??

Does anyone know if the desktop redirector (I know, but it's my only solution. My work e-mail requires a VPN connection) will work with 9930? It requires Desktop Manager 5 or lower.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts

I was wondering this myself... Have you tried the Enterprise E-mail option in DM6? Just wondering if that works as a replacement... I'd try it out on my Tour, but I'm working at a remote location with no access.
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    I was wondering this myself... Have you tried the Enterprise E-mail option in DM6? Just wondering if that works as a replacement... I'd try it out on my Tour, but I'm working at a remote location with no access.
    I don't have an account on the BES. I work in a health care institution where security is very tight so I don't have a lot of options.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts

Are you sure you need an account on BES? The way the options look in DM6 for Enterprise E-mail looks like all you need is Outlook open...

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Are you sure you need an account on BES? The way the options look in DM6 for Enterprise E-mail looks like all you need is Outlook open...
    You do. It said my administrator has not added my account to the BES when I tried it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mhj2 View Post
    Does anyone know if the desktop redirector (I know, but it's my only solution. My work e-mail requires a VPN connection) will work with 9930? It requires Desktop Manager 5 or lower.
    Bump to see if there is an answer to this, I am very interested myself.

I cannot seem where to find out what BB phones are compatible (or not compatible) with the various versions of DM.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts

Welp, Redirector does work! You'll definitely need to update your BB drivers in Windows for the device to be recognized under DM5, but once you do DM5 will recognize a different PIN when you connect your device and ask you if you want to switch. Tell it yes and you're back in business! How do I know? I just did it!

Thanked by:
    mhj2 (09-06-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks, good to know there's an upgrade path for me.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, where can i get the drivers?

I have a 9900 that is not working with Redirector.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BB03E36

I've tried it and it doesn't work for me. I upgraded my wife to a Bold 9900 & now she can't get her email, etc. Not a happy camper! Any idea what I can do to resolve? Redirector is still looking to send email to her old BB Curve!! Should I delete everything BB related from her laptop & reinstall? Just wondering if it'll help before I proceed.

Thanks!
    Keith
    Keith. I HEART BLACKBERRY! Z30, Playbook16GB & 32GB, Z10, 9930 - Bold, 9550 - Storm2, 9530 - Storm, 8310 - Curve, 8100 - Pearl, 8700, 7230, 7100 PIN:2B6BDE85