My apologies if this should be in another forum, but here is my issue. When I delete my FB notifications from FB and the inbox, if I do a reset (either 3 finger or battery pull), after the reset the notifications re-appear and I have to delete them again. This is more of a quirk than anything else, but is there a setting that I need to change<

I am running OS 7.1.0.402 and FB version 3.0.0.15 on a TMO 9900.

This quirk has been present in all versions of both FB and the OS.
    04-25-12 11:44 AM
    It is the Facebook app. I have the same thing once in awhile.
    04-25-12 12:12 PM
    It is the Facebook app. I have the same thing once in awhile.
    Do you know of any fix for this?
    04-25-12 12:20 PM
    Nope... a newly written app maybe. May go hand in hand with the delayed notifications.
    04-25-12 12:25 PM
    Nope... a newly written app maybe. May go hand in hand with the delayed notifications.
    Hmmph! I'm wondering if this is unique to the 99XX series, OS 7.X.X.XXX or some combination?
    04-25-12 12:32 PM
    I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it happened on my 9550. If you look in the app area of the forum, there are users with delayed notifications on a variety of different devices.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    04-25-12 12:35 PM
    Sometime happens to me too. I never noticed this on my 9650.
    04-25-12 12:36 PM
    I've been getting the Facebook notification icon hanging around. I solve it each time by opening the Facebook app, clicking on Notifications (upper right hand corner) and scrolling through the notifications area.

If that doesn't work, I'll open Messages and go into the menu and hit "refresh" which reinforces to the app that there are no new messages waiting.

One of those things tends to solve the problem. Just hit up the Notification area in the app and fiddle around in the menu until it goes away.
    04-25-12 12:38 PM
    I've been getting the Facebook notification icon hanging around. I solve it each time by opening the Facebook app, clicking on Notifications (upper right hand corner) and scrolling through the notifications area.

If that doesn't work, I'll open Messages and go into the menu and hit "refresh" which reinforces to the app that there are no new messages waiting.

One of those things tends to solve the problem. Just hit up the Notification area in the app and fiddle around in the menu until it goes away.

Yes... but after you clear out the notifications and reboot, the notifications are back. The OP's question is about them coming back after reboot, not going away after reading them.

oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    04-25-12 12:43 PM
    I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it happened on my 9550. If you look in the app area of the forum, there are users with delayed notifications on a variety of different devices.

It's not so much delayed as a matter of them re-appearing after I delete them after a reset. When I delete them again, they stay gone. I guess maybe a quirk in the app.
    Also, this happens consistently despite the FB version or the OS version.
    Last edited by oldtimeBBaddict; 04-25-12 at 12:53 PM. Reason: More info
    04-25-12 12:49 PM
    I unselected "blackberry messages application" which obviously cleared the problem of messages coming back and also cleared the problem of the fb notification hanging around.
    04-25-12 07:39 PM
    I unselected "blackberry messages application" which obviously cleared the problem of messages coming back and also cleared the problem of the fb notification hanging around.

I have always had it unchecked and it stills acts up.

Last edited by dustanh; 04-25-12 at 08:13 PM.
    04-25-12 07:44 PM
    This problem is appear with any build. I experience it always.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-25-12 08:18 PM
    Same here, but I just mark them as read within the facebook app and I'm done with them.
    04-26-12 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD