Hello all, hopefully I can get some help here.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9930. It had been working fairly well, the problem initially started with battery draining out too quickly, so i did a OS update. now that lead to another problem. the phone starting switching on and off by itself. so i again did the the OS update and later degrade with no help. Now since Yesterday , I looked at it and it had a black screen and basically was off. I tried to turn it on, Now the whole phone looks dead, except for the red LED in the corner that flashes once and then again three times, in that sequence over and over again.

I've looked around on the internet and it appears that it may be a problem with the operating system(?) I've tried taking out the battery and reinserting it. Didn't work. I left the battery out over night and reinserting it. Didn't work. I had the battery out all day today and then reinserted it. Didn't work. I have Blackberry Desktop Manager on my computer but my phone won't connect to it. I open the program and it just says "Before you begin, verify that your current Blackberry device is connected to your computer." However, it won't connect at all. It won't let me even access the "Options" button in the corner. I've tried reinstalling the DM with no success.

I have also tried to go straight to the AppLoader. It won't work either. I open it, press "Next", it goes to the page "Communication Port Selection". Yet, I can't select any connection or press next because the phone isn't being detected AT ALL by the computer. It's as if it's not connected, even though it is clearly connected through the USB port.

I've seen a number of steps that other people have used to try to fix their dead phones. However, they always seem to have some process to do with AppLoader or the Desktop Manager (which are not working for me).

Hopefully someone out there has some sort of trick or suggestion, or knows something I may be doing wrong or have overlooked in my frustration. Thanks a bunch!
    01-28-13 02:40 AM
    i had the same four flashing lights of death with my old 9000, it wouldnt connect to the computer either so was unable to be recognised by any software for recovery

your blackberrys only good for screen, keyboard etc spares/parts (i doubt anyone would wanna buy the motherboard) or the bin now im afraid
    01-28-13 08:30 PM
    i have the same problem and had to go back to my 9700. it's been rough cuz my 9700 is nowhere near what the 9900 is. i have read one article that has a "kick start" method. i haven't had the time to try yet. but i will soon and post the results. here are the steps

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):
    With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
    Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
    Remove the battery
    Wait 15 minutes
    Insert the battery
    Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
    This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:
    Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
    Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens
    The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!
    05-18-13 12:19 PM