Well today is my 14th day with my 9930 and there's no turning back now. I came from Android and I am very happy with my new bold! Has anyone returned theirs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yauchunh likes this.
    08-31-11 08:24 PM
    Well today is my 14th day with my 9930 and there's no turning back now. I came from Android and I am very happy with my new bold! Has anyone returned theirs?

I am thinking about coming back to BlackBerry as well. Right now I have an Android phone, but am missing my keyboard and great email support. Is there anything you really miss from Android now that you've been rocking the Bold for 2 weeks?
    08-31-11 09:04 PM
    I am thinking about coming back to BlackBerry as well. Right now I have an Android phone, but am missing my keyboard and great email support. Is there anything you really miss from Android now that you've been rocking the Bold for 2 weeks?
    There are a few apps I will miss but nothing I can't live with. I couldn't stand the keyboard on my incredible and I was always miss typing on it. The camera was a little better but again I can live with that too. For the most part the new bold has a great feel and the new browser is as fast as my incredible was. The biggest is the size of the print on a Android device is way to small and on this device its great. It will take some ajusting but for the most part you will like the device!

08-31-11 09:22 PM
    I came from a droid x, I miss the browser sometimes, once in a while I miss slingplayer and netflix, but I still have the adroid device and activate it occasionally when I know I would want to use those. Never during the week, rarely on the weekends. More about lifestyle and what you need than anything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-31-11 09:25 PM
    im a current android user and thinking abt getting a bold too. is it possible to switch between the two phones whenever i want? or do i have to notify my service provider whenever i make a change?
    08-31-11 09:33 PM
    I came from a droid x, I miss the browser sometimes, once in a while I miss slingplayer and netflix, but I still have the adroid device and activate it occasionally when I know I would want to use those. Never during the week, rarely on the weekends. More about lifestyle and what you need than anything.
    Have you tried installing the Slingbox file directly? They said it wasn't compatible with my 9700 on OS6 but I just found the file online, downloaded it and it worked.
    08-31-11 09:33 PM
    Ditto!....
    08-31-11 09:48 PM
    Have you tried installing the Slingbox file directly? They said it wasn't compatible with my 9700 on OS6 but I just found the file online, downloaded it and it worked.
    Perfectly fine, I used to do it all the time with my Droid Pro and 9650.
    08-31-11 09:55 PM
    im a current android user and thinking abt getting a bold too. is it possible to switch between the two phones whenever i want? or do i have to notify my service provider whenever i make a change?

I don't know about all carriers, but I have verizon and ill I have to do is dial *228, enter my phone number and last 4 of my social and takes no more than 5 minutes to be completely transfered.

08-31-11 10:09 PM
    I am immersed in the refinement of the BB os7 to the extent that I just do not miss the Android devices. I'm probably the only one in the office with a BB at this time and I am definitely okay with that.
    08-31-11 10:18 PM

Got a link?? couldn't find one

I would certainly buy it if I knew it worked on the 9930, if anyone knows, please let me know I would really appreciate it!!

08-31-11 10:20 PM
    I totally love my 9900. I came from a 9780 which just seemed a little too small for my hands....great device minus the size. I also have a Samsung Infuse Android that stays in my pocket as my 'backup' device now. Im finding that since the 9900 has arrived I've reached for the Samsung less and less.
    08-31-11 10:43 PM
    you can change your phone online on verizonwireless. just log in and its somewhere in the settings. it will ask you to type in the hex # and change data plan (to bis/bes) etc etc and then you're set.
    09-01-11 12:38 AM
    Return it? No chance cuz!
    09-01-11 08:45 AM
    yea, android browser is pretty great!! lol
    Glad ur loving the new Bold
    09-01-11 08:56 AM
    I am on day 10 with my 9930 and it will be returned this weekend. I'm not loving it--I don't enjoy the browsing experience on it at all. Yes, I've tried Opera and Bolt as well. I stalked these forums everyday waiting for this phone, so I'm not sure why I no longer want it. Maybe I just need a change. I never ever thought I could go iphone, but I'm really considering it once iphone5 comes out. I don't care about all the useless apps, but my bank and pharmacy both have an app and it only supports iphone and android. I figure I will give it a try and if it's not the phone for me I can give it to my son since he was going to get an iphone for his upgrade in December.
    Who knows-I might end up getting the 9930 all over again if nothing else suits me better. I've used a BB for 8 years--I'm not looking forward to learning a new phone.

09-01-11 09:05 AM
    I am on day 10 with my 9930 and it will be returned this weekend. I'm not loving it--I don't enjoy the browsing experience on it at all. Yes, I've tried Opera and Bolt as well. I stalked these forums everyday waiting for this phone, so I'm not sure why I no longer want it. Maybe I just need a change. I never ever thought I could go iphone, but I'm really considering it once iphone5 comes out. I don't care about all the useless apps, but my bank and pharmacy both have an app and it only supports iphone and android. I figure I will give it a try and if it's not the phone for me I can give it to my son since he was going to get an iphone for his upgrade in December.
    Who knows-I might end up getting the 9930 all over again if nothing else suits me better. I've used a BB for 8 years--I'm not looking forward to learning a new phone.

I'm curious as to why you don't like the native browser? I've heard nothing but praise for this device and as much as I am anticipating the 9850, I have entertained the thought of going back to a qwerty and the 9930....what gives?
    09-01-11 09:11 AM
    With other platforms out there some will not like this device but others will. So to everyone that has the new bold good luck.

09-01-11 09:18 AM
    if you have GSM service, just swap your SIM as you need. CDMA is a different story as you need to deactivate a phone to use the other
    09-01-11 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD