CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Data usage

Hi everyone,
    I don'tknow if this is the correct form to post it in but basically i went to Mexico for a week and took a 35MB plan which is more than enough and i do travel frequently and have never passed my limit. Anyways as always before my trip i delete fb and twitter not to surpass my limit and i just use it for BBM.. During the trip i recieved a text message after 2 days that said i had used over 10 MB which i found very weird and a few days after it said i used over 80MB and i just did not understand how i would not talk much and from time to time i pressed the BB button and saw that only the 5 basic apps were opened. So i called Telus and the person said that he cannot know why/how i am using my data but it might be my email so i completely deleted my email and did a battery pull and continued just to use basic BBM.. when i landed back home i received a text saying i used 195MB during my trip!!!
    Last summer i had gone to europe and took a plan for 120 MB for one whole month and did not pass it.. has this happened to anyone here and what could have been the issue?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Re: Data usage

Quote Originally Posted by Cohen11 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I don'tknow if this is the correct form to post it in but basically i went to Mexico for a week and took a 35MB plan which is more than enough and i do travel frequently and have never passed my limit. Anyways as always before my trip i delete fb and twitter not to surpass my limit and i just use it for BBM.. During the trip i recieved a text message after 2 days that said i had used over 10 MB which i found very weird and a few days after it said i used over 80MB and i just did not understand how i would not talk much and from time to time i pressed the BB button and saw that only the 5 basic apps were opened. So i called Telus and the person said that he cannot know why/how i am using my data but it might be my email so i completely deleted my email and did a battery pull and continued just to use basic BBM.. when i landed back home i received a text saying i used 195MB during my trip!!!
    Last summer i had gone to europe and took a plan for 120 MB for one whole month and did not pass it.. has this happened to anyone here and what could have been the issue?
    That is very strange. I roamed through Europe for two weeks and used roughly 50MB (intense email, bbm, foursquare all but Facebook). I realized that social apps like Facebook used data even while they were closed.

On a normal month I use up to 130MB blackberry is very efficient in that sense....

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,623 Global Posts

WOW. Something must have gone wrong. 130 MB for a week on a BB with basic use is madness!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts

that's insane... something is definitely wrong