I thought the emails would be full HTML emails by now, but it isn't. Still watered down as usual.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 04:44 AM
    How many threads do you need to complain about what you don't like about your new phone? Geez...
    08-21-11 05:05 AM
    Haha yeah...seriously...
    08-21-11 05:08 AM
    Next version of BIS was supposed to be rolled out for OS7. Don't know if it did. It is supposed to support full HTML and raise limits on attachment size limit and truncated email issues.

08-21-11 05:10 AM
    No offense bro, but you do have quite a few threads with complaints. Maybe you can consolidate all of them to one thread. I'm sure rim's people look to CRACKBERRY time after time to see what the people think.
    anon(2254645) likes this.
    08-21-11 06:25 AM
    Next version of BIS was supposed to be rolled out for OS7. Don't know if it did. It is supposed to support full HTML and raise limits on attachment size limit and truncated email issues.

I believe I read somewhere, maybe N4BB, that it is being rolled out this fall.

08-21-11 06:34 AM
    This may be the one complaint that doesn't bother me at at all. The only full html emails I receive ate advertisements that I don't want to read anyway.

Pr3ston27, ysss, jonsigler and 1 others like this.
    08-21-11 07:30 AM
    No offense bro, but you do have quite a few threads with complaints. Maybe you can consolidate all of them to one thread. I'm sure rim's people look to CRACKBERRY time after time to see what the people think.
    I would like to see a thread under each phone called 'B!TCH SESSIONS'. That way when you've got a complaint, it goes there (and mods can move stuff there).

Let's keep the threads positive where they need to be and negative where they should go.

Who's with me?
    southlander likes this.
    08-21-11 09:18 AM
    It would be nice of rim to get with the program and bring their devices up to par with other smart phones. I know blackberry has a big following but sooner or later people will see the differences and leave bb for a better device. I left for Android and by far they are #1 with performance compared to any other platform. I came back due to the simple reason android devices have such small fonts and it hard for me to read. Complaints are good thing these days it helps the manufactors see what is going on. But trolling is just wrong I have posted several opinions here but none that bash for no good reason.

08-21-11 09:19 AM
    Actually, I was wondering about this myself.I wasn't sure if the truncated emails were a BIS or OS limitation.
    08-21-11 09:23 AM
    I'm sure i will have some myself. But that's the joy of new os. The tweaking and leaked os builds. Keeps you going.
    08-21-11 09:33 AM
    Rim needs to get this one fixed asap to save the sales on the new bold. A lot of people are coming from android and apple to the 9930 and if they are dissapointed they will jump ship. I am still on the fence myself but leaning towards the bold!

08-21-11 09:50 AM
    Give the op a break. Negative or positive, tell it like it is. That's the point of this site in the first place. Some people think you should only talk about the positives, give me a break. Take the blinders off, we have issues with every os on every platform you use. This is where we share ideas and hope rim takes note.

I agree, this is one of the only os's that I've seen not have full HTML. So hopefully they will get it together. I love my new bold, but no phone is perfect, god knows I've tried to find that one.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-21-11 09:58 AM
    Give the op a break. Negative or positive, tell it like it is. That's the point of this site in the first place. Some people think you should only talk about the positives, give me a break. Take the blinders off, we have issues with every os on every platform you use. This is where we share ideas and hope rim takes note.

I agree, this is one of the only os's that I've seen not have full HTML. So hopefully they will get it together. I love my new bold, but no phone is perfect, god knows I've tried to find that one.
    The problem isn't about the negative/positive, it's the fact that the OP has made quite a few threads, most of which are useless complaining or repetitive. He posted about getting the device in 2 new threads that said basically the same thing while not even looking at the official thread for posting that you got the device.

BUT, I feel that this thread is actually useful and one of the more constructive criticisms of the device.
    08-21-11 10:20 AM
    Perhaps there should be a separate forum for the babies who can't handle the fact that not every post is going to be about how thoroughly bitchen their beloved phone is.

I mean come on guys this is a phone forum, it's going to be mostly about problems, same as every other phone forum on the planet. If the guy has 10 legitimate problems or complaints then why not 10 threads to discuss them. As far as I'm aware Crackberry doesn't have any limit on the number of threads a user starts, as long as they aren't spam.

I think what happens is when some people spend money on a phone they cannot stand to hear about its shortcomings and like to delude themselves into thinking they've made the Best Purchase Evah. If I was such a person I'd probably stay the **** away from a phone forum, lol.

kevinnugent and Nickerz like this.
    08-21-11 10:30 AM
    Perhaps there should be a separate forum for the babies who can't handle the fact that not every post is going to be about how thoroughly bitchen their beloved phone is.

I mean come on guys this is a phone forum, it's going to be mostly about problems, same as every other phone forum on the planet. If the guy has 10 legitimate problems or complaints then why not 10 threads to discuss them. As far as I'm aware Crackberry doesn't have any limit on the number of threads a user starts, as long as they aren't spam.

I think what happens is when some people spend money on a phone they cannot stand to hear about its shortcomings and like to delude themselves into thinking they've made the Best Purchase Evah. If I was such a person I'd probably stay the **** away from a phone forum, lol.

I agree. This thread is definitely a legitimate thread.

But most of his other complaint threads aren't addressing a legitimate issue, which discredits his posts as a member (like the boy who cried wolf). The threads are small complaints about an app not being out or a repetitive post that could have easily gone somewhere else. (again, 2 separate threads about getting the phone when there is a stickied thread dedicate to that; and two threads asking the same question, just in different words... And this forum does show related threads before you post...). It just gets annoying and really clogs up the forum. This isn't a chat room to post 5 word threads about how mad you are that an app is missing or that you got your phone. The forum isn't centered around one member.
    08-21-11 10:38 AM
    I propose we all post endless threads of what we like about the Bold? The negative posts could backfire if you get my drift.
    08-21-11 11:20 AM
    Perhaps RIM should get their act together and release the OS updates in conjunction with the supporting BIS/BES side services. There is no sense launching a new OS if it doesn't have support on the back end.
    08-21-11 02:22 PM
    For me full html in emails is not important, but I agree that RIM should push to get their back end upgraded soon. As to the OP, I do agree that he could post all his issues in one thread. It is not that this is a bad topic, it is just good forum etiquette. RIM is not going to solve your problems faster because of your post count :-/

CS
    08-21-11 03:12 PM
    Take your crackberry.com glasses off people and realize NO device is PERFECT.

Good or bad feed back, I want to hear it all. Let ME make the decision if it's legitimate or not. I certainly don't want to come to a forum that is now being censored by the "fanboys" who will only tolerate positive comments about their favorite device.

And what if the OP is finding these things out as he's playing with his device and then posts them? Yes, he could take some time to learn it and then compile a list but if he doesn't, then who really cares? Like we really have anything better to do anyways, so we might as well just enjoy the new posts. lol!
    kevinnugent likes this.
    08-21-11 03:40 PM
    http://crackberry.com/tags/bis-4-1

This link will help.

wayneholbrook likes this.
    08-21-11 05:17 PM
    BIS 4.1 | CrackBerry.com

This link will help.

Great link!
    08-21-11 07:32 PM
    Didn't know the new BB mail system was in place.

08-21-11 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD