Hi guys i could really use some help with this problem. I got stuck in a bad storm and was forced to call somebody to pick me up but while i was texting my phone got completely soaked. Sometime it works perfectly but others it is rendered unusable because the touch screen starts going nuts. Honestly it should not even be working after that but it is still a blackberry

Is there any way i could repair my phone i have no insurance or warranty on it so there is not much els I can do but hope i can do something to fix it

Thanks for the help in advance!!
    07-05-12 08:54 PM
    Throw it in a jar of rice
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    07-05-12 10:39 PM
    Yes, for heaven's sake, don't use it anymore, because if it's still intermittently good you're only risking further damage. Yes, throw it in rice, with the back off, battery, SIM and MicroSD cards all out.

If you're handy enough to disassemble the phone (and, no, it's not hard if you're comfortable with hardware and have a couple of tools), taking it apart will help ensure you get ALL the moisture out.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    07-05-12 10:48 PM
    take the battery out and place it face down in a window sill (spelling?), or like stated above... throw it in a bowl of rice

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    07-05-12 11:00 PM
    and keep it in the rice for at least a couple of days
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    07-05-12 11:11 PM
    I vote it be new sealed rice that has no moisture which all BB users should keep.

I also vote to wrap the device in paper towel BEFORE the rice as a friend ended getting rice in the earphone jack and could not get it out.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    07-06-12 05:25 AM
    Thanks for all the replies I put it in a small jar of rice I had laying around... Hope it works!!
    07-06-12 02:19 PM
    07-06-12 02:22 PM
    lol really in a jar of rice?

i throught you were just trolling does rice really help

why not a towel instead?

or hair dryer
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    07-06-12 03:13 PM
    lol really in a jar of rice?

i throught you were just trolling does rice really help

why not a towel instead?

or hair dryer
    towel will absorb water around it, and a hair dry just heats (wich could cause heat damage). rice will evaporate the moisture in the air.
    07-06-12 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD