Ditto pretty much all of the sentiments here... terrible phone, should never be bought.
    02-26-11 11:43 PM
    I just have one question: why the **** is there a dedicated button for a service that many will not use, and all of the functionality of that button is Maximum three clicks away on a Blackberry?
    Camera app > share > facebook
    Photo app: menu > share >facebook
    Contacts app > menu > share > facebook

I'd give more but my Storm died and until I'm eligible for an upgrade I'm stuck with a Dext.
    02-27-11 02:31 AM
    oh, I would NEVER pass over the chacha, or the conga, or the merengue.....being half Cuban, I love salsa.....
    02-27-11 07:13 AM
    I have fixed your link for you mate. Yours linked to a mobile site of it.
    Yeah, sorry. I was browsing from my phone. Thanks. Heh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 12:23 PM
    Right, well have been surfing YouTube recently and stumbled upon this...

So, given that HTC have brought out a Dakota-like phone, and will probably get it out before the Dakota, how do you think this will affect the Dakota's sales? Will you consider the ChaCha over the Dakota?

Personally, I'd take the Dakota, having used the Bold keypad, it feels like perfection.
    Are these really rivals, or are you just looking for a comparison? The fact that a phone has a facebook button shows its not geared toward the same crowd. Also, does it have a touch scree, how much memory can it hold, what are its specs?

And Im not interested in HTC, or any phone running android, if I was I would probably skip this loud phone and go with the Atrix or whatever top of the line tegra 2 phone Android pushes out next.
    02-28-11 03:38 PM
    dedicated fb button = for kids.

-________-|||
    03-01-11 12:46 AM
    It was the fact they were getting out a QWERTY touch-n-type candybar form factor phone, presumably before the Dakota. I was simply wondering how that would affect the sales of the Dakota. However the general consensus here is that people would still take up the Dakota due to the fact it has a dedicated FB button. And yes, it is touch-screen, I checked on HTC's site.

HTC - Products - HTC ChaCha - Specification

So, I'm guessing its the FaceBook button that puts you guys off? For me, I would say its the keyboard. It looks cheap and tacky, even moreso than my BlackBerry 8520.
    03-01-11 03:04 AM
    It was the fact they were getting out a QWERTY touch-n-type candybar form factor phone, presumably before the Dakota. I was simply wondering how that would affect the sales of the Dakota. However the general consensus here is that people would still take up the Dakota due to the fact it has a dedicated FB button. And yes, it is touch-screen, I checked on HTC's site.

HTC - Products - HTC ChaCha - Specification

So, I'm guessing its the FaceBook button that puts you guys off? For me, I would say its the keyboard. It looks cheap and tacky, even moreso than my BlackBerry 8520.
    Whoever needs a dedicated FB key, in my opinion, is very pathetic......

However, it's true that some people might buy it because of other features though they don't care about the FB button.

But remember, HTC is in trouble now because ChaCha is suing HTC because of this "cha cha" phone for trademark infringement.

I guess it will greatly impact the sale of this unit as HTC might need to pull it back somehow...
    03-01-11 03:31 AM
    It's just difficult to take a phone named ChaCha with a dedicated button for FB seriously. Maybe a dedicated news button, or a Weather Channel button, or email button.

03-01-11 05:58 AM
    It's just difficult to take a phone named ChaCha with a dedicated button for FB seriously. Maybe a dedicated news button, or a Weather Channel button, or email button.

Either way you slice it, a convenience key is still better (and less obnoxiously noticable).

03-01-11 11:31 AM
    What if FB falls off, or its servers get hacked?
    There is already a FB phone, with full integration.

Why are people so eager to show their lives on FB, but not tell the doctor/census/wives the truth?
    03-01-11 01:04 PM
    Uhhh wow, that was just awkward.....looks like they pulled that phone design out of little big planet. And btw...... REALLY?!?! Another damn HTC phone?!?!? They really gotta relax over there.

03-02-11 01:01 AM
    Whoever needs a dedicated FB key, in my opinion, is very pathetic......

However, it's true that some people might buy it because of other features though they don't care about the FB button.

But remember, HTC is in trouble now because ChaCha is suing HTC because of this "cha cha" phone for trademark infringement.

I guess it will greatly impact the sale of this unit as HTC might need to pull it back somehow...

HHAHAHAHHAHAHA

You guys heard of the recent development of this thing?

It's gonna be named "ChaChaCha" in Spain.

That's so hilarious..

LMAO...........

In one year HTC will have "CHACHACHACHA"...
    03-02-11 04:13 PM
    I don't understand the OP in this topic. The Bold Touch's rival is every other phone on the market, lol. Not only some garbage looking facebook phone.
    kmbauer likes this.
    03-02-11 04:32 PM
    Unfortunately, all Android phone makers have failed at making anything close to a Blackberry. I would say the closest was (surprisingly) Motorola with the Droid Pro but the lack of a trackpad/trackball made the device a complete pain to use.
    03-02-11 10:22 PM
    Unfortunately, all Android phone makers have failed at making anything close to a Blackberry. I would say the closest was (surprisingly) Motorola with the Droid Pro but the lack of a trackpad/trackball made the device a complete pain to use.
    Ooh, careful how you speak - some around these parts would consider such talk blasphemy. You're actually suggesting there are functions and uses for which BB's are well suited that Androids are not? You know you're all wet and ill tell you anyway why you're all wet, because you know you'll never, ever see a dedicated F button on a BackBerry phone. How can they possibly compete being guided by that kind of short-sighted vision.

You're my hero, man.

03-02-11 10:30 PM
    You know you're all wet and ill tell you anyway why you're all wet, because you know you'll never, ever see a dedicated F button on a BackBerry phone
    Daniel Ratcliffe and Masahiro like this.
    03-03-11 12:34 AM
    LOL!!!! That was good!!!
    03-03-11 06:33 AM
    I don't even know what to say......................................
    03-03-11 07:34 AM
    I wonder if Toy R Us is going to put this on there product list. You must admit, it would look good in a childs hand.......STICKIN WITH THE BLACKBERRY
    03-03-11 07:46 AM
    Your post implies that they are even trying to make anything like blackberries, which they clearly aren't, for the most part. And by most part I mean 98% of phones out there.
    03-03-11 02:22 PM
    This phone is a huge fail. It looks like a calculator.

How embarrassing would it be if you had a phone with a dedicated Myspace button????, lol

They need to think about the future.
    03-18-11 12:09 AM
    ew, that has to be the ugliest looking phone i've ever seen.. the keyboard looks early 2000-ish... and people ripped on the BlackBerry style for looking ugly.. sheeeesh
    04-08-11 04:33 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD