This morning I luckily woke up naturally without the aid of my 9930's daily alarm which is a good thing since it failed to play the audible tone that it has never failed to play previously.

I tried a test by setting it for a few minutes ahead of the then-current time: once again there was nothing but the pop-up options to snooze or dismiss, and silence to accompany it.

Following a battery pull everything tested fine but this definitely could have screwed me royally had it made me late for work on one of the crucial days that I can't afford to be late on. I guess I'm going to start setting my wife's BB's alarm up as well for backup.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    In all my years using various BBs I've never had the alarm fail.
    02-28-12 01:55 PM
    I use quick pull on my bold so this exact thing don't happen to me. I have it automatically set to restart my device every day at 12 am.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-28-12 02:06 PM
    Not a bad idea. I think they need that. It might prevent a lot of the bricking. Nothing to base that on, just a hunch.
    02-28-12 07:43 PM
    Not a bad idea. I think they need that. It might prevent a lot of the bricking. Nothing to base that on, just a hunch.
    The bricking most likely caused by an OS error. I always leave the phone on the charger overnight with no issues.
    02-28-12 07:56 PM
    If you have the Flashlight app installed, that's definitely the culprit. Happened to me
    03-01-12 07:23 AM
    If you have the Flashlight app installed, that's definitely the culprit. Happened to me
    No flashlight app here.

Hasn't happened since that first time. Fingers crossed.
    03-01-12 01:53 PM
    This actually happened to me recently with the 9630. Didn't understand why I kept sleeping in every morning until I noticed no sound coming from my alarm one day. Then noticed I was constantly missing calls. Thought I was going crazy but then realized it was a problem with the external speaker.. it would stop working at random. tapping the phone lightly on the corner fixes the issue temporarily. It has since been working fine though..

I'm planning to get the 9930 tomorrow, if I have any issues like this again it will be my last BB. My 9630 has constantly been giving me problems since day one (trackball, speakerphone etc..). Hopefully I don't regret getting the 9930
    03-01-12 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD