The folders um on the home screen is it possible to customise them? The additional ones you can add yourself? I'm getting slightly confused which is which and I just want to make my own one to label them so I know what's what if that's okay?

Or is it that I have to purchase a theme ?

slightly confused, oh I hope this make sense. sorry.
    09-16-11 04:43 AM
    You can add new folders, name them whatever you want, and choose from a list of different icons in different colors with symbols like stars or the  logo on them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 07:07 AM
    Menu button>Add Folder>name it and hit add
    To rename existing folder highlight it, hit menu button, edit folder and type in name
    Some folders (like Applications) can't be renamed.
    09-16-11 07:15 AM
    Ah no sorry I meant this, the box highlighted um could I customise them to my own icons like if I create my own on photoshop would I be able to upload and use my own images instead of the stock icons?

Hope I explained that clearly for you guys.
    09-17-11 03:05 PM
    Not sure if you can point the folder function to the new icon. The folder icons are part of the pre-loaded .cod files in the OS. I imagine you could use an app on your PC to package your icons into a new .cod file and name it the same as the stock cod, then push it to your device, but it might screw up some functions on your device. Alternately, you could extract the files from the stock .cod, add yours to it, then repackage it and push it back to your device.

***This is all theoretical, and I take no responsibility for bricking your device should you attempt to implement it. Just sayin'.***

09-18-11 07:46 PM
    I think the folders are theme-controlled. Any custom folders you have won't change with the theme. If you customize a stock folder, like Games or Applications, that custom setting should supercede any 3rd party theme.
    By "customize" above, I'm referring to the same options as rrrebo: stock options to change folder colour, re-label, or add a graphic like  or a star.

I think the answer for the OP lies with a 3rd party app. There are a couple that will replace an icon's image with almost any image the user wants, provided the shape & size is appropriate.

For the life of me I can't remember the names of the apps I've come across that do this, as I've never been interested myself.
    Go to the Apps Forum, and search that forum for terms like custom icon, icon image, change icon, etc.
    Last edited by elite1; 09-18-11 at 08:10 PM.
    09-18-11 08:08 PM
    No, it can't be done, even with custom themes.
    Installing the theme files from other BlackBerrys won't work, your BlackBerry won't detect it.

09-18-11 08:15 PM
    Well, there you go. Word is that .cod files cannot be decompiled. At least, not easily.

09-18-11 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD