Most of the time I have my 9900 set to "Vibrate Only". I thought I would set up a custom ringer for my wife (Rings, Volume 7, Led Green, etc) but it seems her custom ringtone setup will not override "Vibrate Only".
Tactile Alerts are both set to on.
What am I doing wrong? What good are custom ringtones if they don't take precedence over the active profile?
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe <~ (Right Click) RUN AS ADMINASTRATOR
- 02-21-2013, 03:56 AM #3
Does not the 'vibrate only' profile override the custom ringtones for contacts?
Try setting a new profile, with the ringtone set to 'silent' and vibration set to 'always'.
I tried it just now, but it seems that there is a problem with my other number's carrier in this very moment: no outgoing calls... T-Mo PL
- 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM #4
I have a few contacts that I have set to override the "vibrate only" setting, the only difference I see in your setting that are different from mine is I believe you need to change Tactile Alerts from "On" and set it to "Active Profile". This way the custom setting you want will ring through and override vibrate only.
Granted we are on the same OS version because I see you have the option to change the LED color under Visual Alerts, my only options are On Off and Active Profile but no color options.
Last edited by 93Aero; 02-21-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: added screenshot______________________________________
The BLACKer the BERRY the sweeter the use...
- By Vivelephemere in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 10Last Post: 01-21-2010, 10:05 AM
- By Kenman in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 4Last Post: 12-20-2007, 10:16 PM
- By Krafcik in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2007, 09:34 PM
- By jpo21 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 4Last Post: 07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
- By mylan512 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 8Last Post: 07-06-2007, 06:02 PM