they'll probably end up bringing out a white one before long anyway
    haha very true, although if the battery door is the same, im not sure id like it too much with the colour contrast of white, black and steel.

personally i have quite subtle tastes, but its gotta all `fit`, like for example i coulda gone gold (or even rose gold), but the chrome strip below the camera, the chrome bars in the keyboard and the silver around the trackpad would bug the life outta me for being a diff colour lol.
    KoreAairlines likes this.
    09-12-11 03:44 PM
    hey all, so two weeks ago i sent off my 9900 for some custom work, now first thing i wanna say is what a difference it is to go back to a 9780 for a bit! makes ya notice the difference!
    but i digress, i got my Bold 9900 platinum plated, the process was well simple, i send it in, they plate it and send it back

anyways, enough of the talk, heres some pics

the pics dont really do it justice, its kinda hard to get one right because of the light, but basically its a silver/chrome kinda look.
    Last edited by BBThemes; 09-12-11 at 07:40 PM.
    HaTaX and anon(42011) like this.
    09-12-11 07:20 PM
    Looks plastic, is it?
    09-12-11 07:23 PM
    Looks plastic, is it?
    the original bezel that came on the phone has been plated.
    09-12-11 07:25 PM
    i know its your baby and all so i dont want this sounding too harsh but, i can hardly tell the difference compared to the stock phone?

Im sure it looks better in the flesh but i dunno, doesnt seem worth doing looking at the pics (gotta be honest from the title i was expecting the full phone to be silver, now that i think would look rather tasty - matte silver that is, not glossy)
    09-12-11 07:26 PM
    i know its your baby and all so i dont want this sounding too harsh but, i can hardly tell the difference compared to the stock phone?

Im sure it looks better in the flesh but i dunno, doesnt seem worth doing looking at the pics (gotta be honest from the title i was expecting the full phone to be silver, now that i think would look rather tasty - matte silver that is, not glossy)
    ya is hard to get a pic in the right light, this one might be a lil better

as for doing all of it, what bit would you mean? theres the keyboard which isnt really doable, the bit below but thats plastic, and the back but thats also plastic lol
    09-12-11 07:31 PM
    They make some silver colored keyboards on older BB devices, you'd have to wait until it's available for the 9930 though (that and I'm not sure how much the color would match up).

09-12-11 07:34 PM
    aye that does look a bit better i was meaning having it in a more brushed aluminium colour, similar colour to that supposed porsche version thats kicking around but with the same layout as the 9930

stripped down and dip coated would work, but the keyboard and the black bezel that forms part of the screen would be the sticking points as said.

Mind you i like the look of it in black with the steel bezel to be honest, they'll probably end up bringing out a white one before long anyway
    09-12-11 07:40 PM
    that looks kinda cool, more polished kind of look.
    09-12-11 07:41 PM
    aye that does look a bit better i was meaning having it in a more brushed aluminium colour, similar colour to that supposed porsche version thats kicking around but with the same layout as the 9930

stripped down and dip coated would work, but the keyboard and the black bezel that forms part of the screen would be the sticking points as said.

Mind you i like the look of it in black with the steel bezel to be honest, they'll probably end up bringing out a white one before long anyway
    haha very true, although if the battery door is the same, im not sure id like it too much with the colour contrast of white, black and steel.

personally i have quite subtle tastes, but its gotta all `fit`, like for example i coulda gone gold (or even rose gold), but the chrome strip below the camera, the chrome bars in the keyboard and the silver around the trackpad would bug the life outta me for being a diff colour lol.
    09-12-11 07:57 PM
    Oh gee, I can't wait to make my phone look like yours.

Why open your pie hole if you don't have anything nice to say? I'd say more but I'd get banned.
    Bonnie Bonzai and simsim like this.
    09-12-11 10:49 PM
    Wow. That's shiny... You could seriously blind someone with that thing. Haha.
    09-12-11 11:34 PM
    [QUOTE=BBThemes;6671423]hey all, so two weeks ago i sent off my 9900 for some custom work, now first thing i wanna say is what a difference it is to go back to a 9780 for a bit! makes ya notice the difference!
    but i digress, i got my Bold 9900 platinum plated, the process was well simple, i send it in, they plate it and send it back

Looks very nice - and knowing it's Platinum plated has a cool factor.
    09-13-11 12:14 AM
    definitely cool ... i like when people customize their devices.I did it with my 9700 but yet im too afraid with the 9900 since its too new... but i like yours
    09-13-11 01:01 AM
    Cool..What's the $ damage? Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-13-11 04:04 AM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yes and care sharing the link of person doing it, if you don't mind.

I saw a London shop,doing it in Gold too. Can't find that link.

P.S.
    Found it: http://www.amosucouture.com/products.php?cid=1&id=216
    Last edited by ritesh; 09-13-11 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Link found.
    09-13-11 04:30 AM
    The Bling would have been added if the coating would have been golden. Even with the current platinum it looks different and if it pleases you... it's good enough. Nice visualization
    09-13-11 04:32 AM
    Some people just have too much free time and cash on their hands. Chrome plated stainless steel phones...wow. Kinda Paris Hilton like...
    2c likes this.
    09-13-11 06:50 AM
    Why open your pie hole if you don't have anything nice to say? I'd say more but I'd get banned.
    wow, a close minded person in a forum. i dont take side but everybody is free of saying his/her opinion. maybe you should open another forum specially for you and your fan where everything is nice.
    09-13-11 07:00 AM
    yea it was �150 plus postage, to put that into perspective for non uk people, my car costs �90 to fill up from empty.

Yes and care sharing the link of person doing it, if you don't mind.
    it was done by Gold iPhone | Gold iPad | Luxury iPhones | Gold Plated iPod | Gold Plating in the UK, but they do have offices elsewhere in the world.

The Bling would have been added if the coating would have been golden. Even with the current platinum it looks different and if it pleases you... it's good enough. Nice visualization
    as i said in an earlier post, gold wouldnt look right because of the chrome/silver parts elsewhere on the phone, but of course thats simply my opinion.

Some people just have too much free time and cash on their hands. Chrome plated stainless steel phones...wow. Kinda Paris Hilton like...
    didnt cost me any time lol, well, other than going to the post office to send it away i guess, as for cash, well i know people that modify their cars and spend thousands on that, i know people who have lots and lots of pets and spend lots on that, and i know people who always have to have the latest tech and go out and buy the latest tv/pc/phone, so everyone has their vices i guess. oh and its platinum not chrome
    09-13-11 09:01 AM
    Looks good BBthemes and tbh its not that expensive....might look at doing this to my 9900 later although i dont fancy ruining my warranty
    09-13-11 09:19 AM
    I like it. I am a NO gold kind of person so this look looks great.
    09-13-11 10:18 AM
    Looks pretty damn good but not sure its enough to make me want to void warranty.
    09-13-11 04:21 PM
    wow, a close minded person in a forum. i dont take side but everybody is free of saying his/her opinion. maybe you should open another forum specially for you and your fan where everything is nice.
    Close minded person? There's a difference between expressing your opinion and sounding like a tool doing it.
    09-13-11 05:20 PM
    I'm serious.

PM what else you want to say. I won't ban you. Honest.
    Close minded person? There's a difference between expressing your opinion and sounding like a tool doing it.
    Said all that's needed to be said.
    09-13-11 05:23 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD