Hi everyone,

I just got the 9900 (my second one actually) and am having some significant problems with the cursor and touch screen. My first 9900 didn't have this problem at all. Basically the cursor seems to have a mind of its own! It scrolls around to different icons without me touching the screen, and scrolls all around in my browser and bbm/whatsapp too. Needless to say, it is VERY annoying. I couldn't find any definitive discussion on whether this was a software or hardware problem. If it is a software issue, can someone please direct me as to how I can go about updating it? Otherwise, I'm going to take it back today to exchange it.

Thanks in advance!
    10-18-11 04:55 PM
    Are you hitting the trackpad by accident because I know I do that when browsing using the touch screen that maybe be something to look at just a thought. Mike
    10-18-11 06:11 PM
    Hi everyone,

I just got the 9900 (my second one actually) and am having some significant problems with the cursor and touch screen. My first 9900 didn't have this problem at all. Basically the cursor seems to have a mind of its own! It scrolls around to different icons without me touching the screen, and scrolls all around in my browser and bbm/whatsapp too. Needless to say, it is VERY annoying. I couldn't find any definitive discussion on whether this was a software or hardware problem. If it is a software issue, can someone please direct me as to how I can go about updating it? Otherwise, I'm going to take it back today to exchange it.

Thanks in advance!
    My Bold 9900 was doing the same thing, my trackpad was doing that every time i used it, the cursor would go crazy. I brought it back to Rogers for repair, I'm still waiting to get it back it's been like 2.5 weeks :S ..... We'll see if they successfully repair it.
    10-18-11 06:30 PM
    does anyone knows how fix the cursor issue that the bold touch has? i have tried numerous OS and it is not working. The cursor it moving by itself.I dont think its a hardware problem
    05-10-12 10:04 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is a hardware problem. The trackpad/keyboard connector plug is probably loose. If you're happy opening up the phone (and invalidating the warranty) it's simple to double check the connecting plug.

I had exactly the same issue on several OSs and this fix solved it 100%.

This video gives good guidance on how to get at the connector.
    05-25-12 05:33 AM
    Definitely a hardware issue. My first 9930 did this in dark lighting settings with many different OS's. I got a replacement for a non-related issue and the new one doesn't do this with that same OS's as the other device.
    05-25-12 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD