CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default CrunchSMS help!

I just downloaded CrunchSMS on my 9900. I'm trying to stop SMS texts from coming through the built-in message app and only through CrunchSMS app. I've done the Options > Security > Firewall thing but that stops the MMS from coming through as well. On my 9700, there was an option to only stop SMS. Anyone can help? Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FE378F

Quote Originally Posted by ajsberrybold View Post
    I just downloaded CrunchSMS on my 9900. I'm trying to stop SMS texts from coming through the built-in message app and only through CrunchSMS app. I've done the Options > Security > Firewall thing but that stops the MMS from coming through as well. On my 9700, there was an option to only stop SMS. Anyone can help? Thanks!
    If you are trying to get both SMS and MMS to go to the Crunch App only, you need to do the SMS firewall like you already have, but then to direct MMS to go to Crunch you also need to go into Messages>BB Key>Options>Text Messaging then scroll down to MMS and set both Multimedia Reception and Automatic retrieval to "Never".

If these are all set you will receive both SMS and MMS on the Crunch app only and not the stock. Be aware though that sending MMS is not a feature in Crunch yet, only receiving.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

What I'm trying to do is spearate the SMS and MMS. I want the SMS to go through CrunchSMS only and only the MMS to go through the built-in app on the device. But when I do the Firewall thing to block SMS from coming through the built-in message app, it also blocks the MMS from coming through the built-in message app. Any Suggestions? Hope I'm not confusing anyone. :-) Thanks for the quick response!
    CrackBerry Abuser

After today's update, can anyone else get the character counter (tells you how many letters you've used in each sms) to work? I have enabled it in options, but it doesn't show - it has always worked fine on earlier versions...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Go into Crunch, on the home screen hit the BB button and choose Options.

Scroll down to Receive MMS (No)
    Automatically Download MMS (No)

Save and exit.

On the Home screen of your unit type "Firewall", should only be one option and high light and click. Check your settings. Under Block Incoming Text Messages, please ensure it is NOT checked.

That should fix ya up.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Oniberry; 09-06-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Thanks Oni but Text messages still come through both CrunchSMS and the built-in app. How do I stop it from coming through the built-in app and only through CrunchSMS?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FE378F

Not possible without using the stock text app as far as I know. An MMS is basically the same as an SMS but with data attached (pic or vid). You cant separate the two out between Crunch and Stock.

With Crunch you can still receive both SMS and MMS and when you need to send MMS just use the stock.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks! Thats what I had thought....weird how I was able to do it on the 9700. Thanks again for the responses!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Thanks Oni but Text messages still come through both CrunchSMS and the built-in app. How do I stop it from coming through the built-in app and only through CrunchSMS?
    You asked to separate them, which I have done with the above settings(to the best of the App's ability..LoL). You cannot split them up as the 'stock' SMS app will not allow just MMS messages, and if you stop SMS from the OS Firewall, then you will not receive them via CrunchSMS.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Ok Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Default my Crunch no work....

I downloaded and followed each step. Went into firewall and blocked etc. It appeared that all was ok however after using for about 4 or 5 text messages it locked up my 9930. Restarted etc and still keeps locking screen. Simple solution....deleted Crunch and back with BB text that came on 9930. So much for colored bubble text messages. All is back to normal and I'll live.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Thanks! Thats what I had thought....weird how I was able to do it on the 9700. Thanks again for the responses!
    The reason you were able to do this with your older handsets was because Crunch has actually changed the way they do things, in respect to SMS and MMS delivery, the actual options those on OS 4 or 5 were not the same as they are now.

Cheers,
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Quote Originally Posted by timbo22 View Post
    I downloaded and followed each step. Went into firewall and blocked etc. It appeared that all was ok however after using for about 4 or 5 text messages it locked up my 9930. Restarted etc and still keeps locking screen. Simple solution....deleted Crunch and back with BB text that came on 9930. So much for colored bubble text messages. All is back to normal and I'll live.
    Sorry to hear that. I have been using CrunchSMS for a very long time. Have never had an issue with it. I can also count the number of solicited txt messages I have gotten in my life. Most people do not have a problem with using the stock Text App.

Whatever works for you in the end.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamboo View Post
    After today's update, can anyone else get the character counter (tells you how many letters you've used in each sms) to work? I have enabled it in options, but it doesn't show - it has always worked fine on earlier versions...
    The only way i get the counter to work for me is to use a signature. If i don't use a signature, the counter is gone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Let me know if that works for ya
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Quote Originally Posted by legin111 View Post
    Let me know if that works for ya

The character counter works. In Cunch, hit the BB button and go to Options-Customize General-Show Character Count (Yes)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk