Of all the mobile sites that should render correctly on my 9930, you'd think Crackberry.com BB app would top the list. But I've only seen it come up without horizontal scrolling one time. Titles & messages don't compress to the horizontal screen size. Am I missing something obvious...?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-12 05:22 PM
    Renders just fine on mine. Can you provide a screenshot?
    01-28-12 05:30 PM
    Of all the mobile sites that should render correctly on my 9930, you'd think Crackberry.com BB app would top the list. But I've only seen it come up without horizontal scrolling one time. Titles & messages don't compress to the horizontal screen size. Am I missing something obvious...?

What I have noticed since using 7.1 is that crackberry forums website is totally different. It is now totally formatted for the 99xx screen.
    No need to scroll side to side because you actually can't.

Perhaps its a setting in the browser option that allows for this version of the site to load.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-28-12 05:41 PM
    What I have noticed since using 7.1 is that crackberry forums website is totally different. It is now totally formatted for the 99xx screen.
    No need to scroll side to side because you actually can't.

Perhaps its a setting in the browser option that allows for this version of the site to load.

I've had the new look since they launched it.
    01-28-12 05:48 PM
    CB updated their mobile site months ago, and since then it has rendered fine on the 9900/30.

Clear your browser cache and try again.

...and you don't get that crap at the end of your posts anymore either
    01-28-12 05:52 PM
    I used font size 17 and CB renders properly withought the fuzzy bolding.
    01-28-12 05:52 PM
    Please provide screencaps if you're having issues...

2012 we're really going to fix up our mobile and app experiences (and take the full site to the next level). Lots of work happening in the backend, so thx for the patience in the meantime and stay tuned for awesomeness!
    01-28-12 05:57 PM
    Just fine on my 9900.

Now if Kevin will let us know when PB OS2 will be released it would be perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at m.forums.crackberry.com
    01-28-12 06:08 PM
    Be glad to post a screen shot, once I figure that out... I can tell you that I'll launch the CB app on the 9930, select 'The Forums', select '9930/9900', zoon in twice, then I have to scroll left... and right... and left, etc.
    01-28-12 09:38 PM
    Be glad to post a screen shot, once I figure that out... I can tell you that I'll launch the CB app on the 9930, select 'The Forums', select '9930/9900', zoon in twice, then I have to scroll left... and right... and left, etc.

Enable developer tools, javascript and embedded media. See what that does.

01-28-12 10:42 PM
    I completely forgot about the CB app. I've tried searching the forum and the app store and no luck. Can somebody link me to where I can download the CB app? Thanks in advance.
    01-28-12 10:51 PM
    Enabled developer tools, others were already checked. No luck. Will try to figure out screen shots if the twins will EVER go to sleep.

Running CrackBerry Launcher 2.09, via BB App World -- look for "CB-Launcher".

Thought I would try to re-install directly from CrackBerry mobile app/site ("Check for new version"), even though version # is the same. However its asking me to re-login, and my details don't work (even though the forums tell me I'm already logged in).

Rapidly approaching the point where its not worth the wife yelling at me as the twins are screaming...
    01-29-12 07:34 AM
    Enabled developer tools, others were already checked. No luck. Will try to figure out screen shots if the twins will EVER go to sleep.

Running CrackBerry Launcher 2.09, via BB App World -- look for "CB-Launcher".

Thought I would try to re-install directly from CrackBerry mobile app/site ("Check for new version"), even though version # is the same. However its asking me to re-login, and my details don't work (even though the forums tell me I'm already logged in).

Rapidly approaching the point where its not worth the wife yelling at me as the twins are screaming...
    The CB Mobile Launcher is an ancient app which is obviously directing you to an older version of the mobile site, hence your rendering issues.

I would delete that app and just type m.crackberry.com in your BB browser address field, hit enter then highlight the address and press Menu > Add To Home Screen. Now you have your own launcher that actually works
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 01-29-12 at 08:26 AM.
    01-29-12 07:56 AM
    OK done, and yes it renders correctly. Only consideration is that the text is now large enough for my 100-year-old grandmother. Can't seem to zoom out; that "ancient" launcher is actually much more efficient with real estate in some ways, too bad it runs off the horizontal edges of the screen...

Perhaps Crackberry is working on "Launcher 3.0" to optimize all of this?
    01-29-12 09:38 AM
    Yeah the new mobile forums works amazing. No zooming required, no side to side scrolling. Wonder if the mainpage is going to be restructured to match the work done in the forums?
    Last edited by Gregory Ryan; 01-29-12 at 11:35 AM.
    01-29-12 10:11 AM
    Only consideration is that the text is now large enough for my 100-year-old grandmother.
    Reduce your browser default font size then.
    01-29-12 10:13 AM
    The profoundly obvious finally gets its turn. It worked, thanks.
    01-29-12 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD