Kevin (Crackberry) don't know diddley ......but Bo knows....... "only kidding"
    01-12-12 01:13 PM
    I had a 9930 brick and revived it only to have it do it again. After looking at what I had on there very carefully I had a DUH moment. I had a 3rd party app that was not made for 7.0 and in fact really wasnt made for BB. It was making my 9930 run like crap but I couldnt see the forest for the trees. I revived the 9930 again and removed the app wiped it, reloaded everything (minus the offending app) and it has been perfect ever since. Soooo who's fault was it that it bricked 2 times. Another DUH moment here. I dont blame RIM at all. It was my dumb A$$ that should have known better.
    01-12-12 02:08 PM
    out of context here but theres another thing that i quite agree with the OP about the "conspiracies" :P

i read the crack berry review about the 9900 before i bought 1 of those and it stated that the battery is not as good as 9700 but good enough to last for a day after supposedly heavy usage.

to my horror until now, several OSes later , i still have abysmal battery life on my 9900
    yeas and i even bought 2 extra JM1 batteries and all are the same

and then on their latest review , the 9790 review they somehow acknowledge this problem and suggest us, the viewer to choose 9790 if battery life is important to us.
    so basically they admit the battery life in 9900 is bad ?

just for info i did get 9790 too after reading the review and I'm back to 9900 yes the battery is indeed better than 9900 by about 30 minutes per charge
    I'm a heavy user and I get a days charge out of it. Put it on the charger at bed time and unplug it when I wake up. Never have to charge during the day.
    01-12-12 02:42 PM
    As for MY THEORY... I think there was a bad batch of Bold 9900's that went out initially.
    Which is why, as everyone knows, you don't ever want the first batch of any gadget, ever (yes I know that's 2 "ever's" but I think it deserves it.)
    01-12-12 04:00 PM
    3rd party downloads my apps! My last 9900 brick while using Wikitude! I don't think RIM will ever have a solution. Remember its only "a handfull of selective devices" or however they want to word it. Its not all device just a handfull. Well less than a hanful counting my five.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-12 06:08 PM
    Yesterday I post in the blackberry limo news ( http://crackberry.com/another-ride-blackberry-limo ) something like this:

It is more important for RIM to have a limo to impress reporters than releasing a fix for the bricking issue in the bold 9900.
    A woman can have a baby in 9 months but 9 women can't have a baby in one month. I'm sure they're working on a fix and they have a team of developers up to the task. You can't just throw more people at a problem because it will just slow it down.

Besides the limo and CES is more of a marketing thing. Do you think people in marketing are going to program the fix?
    01-12-12 06:33 PM
    For posting such horror I condemm you for all eternity. Now I have the painstaking task of unseeing what you just posted.
    01-13-12 10:00 AM
    i believe so also dude, my bold 9900 been bricked since november n i can;t return it or anything .. all i can do is wait on software fix rim claim to b making for past 2 months.. now i'm pretty sure they aint making a damn thing.. it prolly some hardware failure with some of these 9900 which software cannot fix but thay just said that to keep from loosing too much money because thay are already loosing a load from the amount of returns and refunds they have to be giving out.. thats why i think they are also selling the playbook so cheap, on sale every week all of over tha place
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    01-13-12 07:40 PM
    You want to know the real conspiracy crackberry is hiding, ill tell you but don't spread it around.

Kevin is the easter bunny. Its true.

BB 9810 Tapatalk
    01-13-12 07:53 PM
    You want to know the real conspiracy crackberry is hiding, ill tell you but don't spread it around.

BB 9810 Tapatalk
    that explains a lot! the easter bunny can't afford to be late..
    01-13-12 08:02 PM

BB 9810 Tapatalk
    SHH! You can't just go around telling people the darkest secret of Crackberry!
    01-13-12 08:53 PM

BB 9810 Tapatalk

I knew it! Kevin, I expect some chocolates in Easter or a new BlackBerry....I'm not picky.
    01-13-12 11:37 PM
    This is the worst and last Blackberry I will own as I can't return. I bought 2 Nov. 14th ATT. Each went back twice to the store, first two batteries, second 2 were freezing up. Then end of December my sons Bricked over and over would even power on, they send me a replaced first week of Jan, just started freezing up. Mine then has an error code 48 and a small voice mail symbol. They mailed me a new one and when data transfered, new phone same issue. After fighting with ATT they refused to give me the iPhone 4 but I could have any other phone I wanted. I said I will try one more phone and that's it. They send me a new one with a sim card today but told me don't transfer from old phone so losing a bunch of stuff not happy with ATT and this phone just sucks. Been a die hard for 8 years but this is it for me. When I go to store tomorrow I will play with the Droids I guess as a replacement but I have loved a keyboard for ever this sucks.
    01-14-12 12:41 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD