Yesterday I post in the blackberry limo news ( http://crackberry.com/another-ride-blackberry-limo ) something like this:

It is more important for RIM to have a limo to impress reporters than releasing a fix for the bricking issue in the bold 9900.

After I post that they have deleted the post, this make me think that crackberry knows exactly what is the issue with the bold 9900 that bricks itself in the night but they are hidding it.

Could someone think that crackberry or rim does not know what is the exact issue that affect the bold?

They know what is the issue but they are not releasing the info because that will hurt more the RIM shares.

Now I think that this is a hardware issue that is why they are hidden the info.
    01-12-12 05:59 AM
    Are you accusing CB to conspiring with RIM to hide facts about a problem with a device?

01-12-12 06:08 AM
    You know why they deleted it? Because you were trolling and made a comment irrelevant to the thread. Critical thinking is your friend.
    rrrebo, howarmat, mssca and 3 others like this.
    01-12-12 06:23 AM
    Painful
    01-12-12 06:24 AM
    chill,
    lot of people other than crackberry, are fair capable to locate the problem.
    now, most of devices are getting replaced. and after some time this problem will be solved.
    so, don't worry. return your device, Ask for replacement.
    01-12-12 06:27 AM
    Why would CB do something like this and risk it coming out that they knew and losing their faithful following? I understand that it is possible, but with everything that Kevin and the entire CB staff have brought to the table over the years, I don't see them doing anything of the sorts. Also, their are 100's of other tech sites out there that also write up info on BB and none of them have brought anything out. BGR seems to post something negative about BB once a week, whether or not people believe them is up to the reader, but I would think if something like this that you are accusing CB and RIM covering up is out there, they would be the first ones to publish it.
    01-12-12 06:52 AM
    You're right, the limo driver should not be allowed to leave his first priority of debugging the OS or in your opinion of re designing the hardware until the devise if fixed.
    KB1964 and Firefighter0793 like this.
    01-12-12 07:06 AM
    LOL COnspiracy HAHAAHH
    01-12-12 07:30 AM
    haha.

Funny post.

Also, I'm almost positive the bricking issue was resolved with the OS 7.1 releases...
    (And more times than not, bricking occurs because of user error... downloading leaked apps that are not fully supportive of the OS - like many people did by using OS6 apps on OS7, etc)
    01-12-12 07:33 AM
    Yesterday I post in the blackberry limo news ( http://crackberry.com/another-ride-blackberry-limo ) something like this:

It is more important for RIM to have a limo to impress reporters than releasing a fix for the bricking issue in the bold 9900.

After I post that they have deleted the post, this make me think that crackberry knows exactly what is the issue with the bold 9900 that bricks itself in the night but they are hidding it.

Could someone think that crackberry or rim does not know what is the exact issue that affect the bold?

They know what is the issue but they are not releasing the info because that will hurt more the RIM shares.

This is conspiracy and you can put world�s best detective on work, you need to contact
    Sherlock Homes
    221/B,
    Baker Street,
    London,
    NW1 6XE
    01-12-12 09:07 AM

Then do us all a favor and figure out the problem, solve it, and blow the lid off the case
    01-12-12 09:18 AM
    Admit it OP.....you typed that up with a tin foil hat on your head didn't you.
    Barljo likes this.
    01-12-12 09:20 AM
    balenax likes this.
    01-12-12 09:21 AM
    I think you smoked the right stuff! Total blackout ftw!
    01-12-12 09:31 AM
    This:

pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    01-12-12 09:58 AM

This is one of those times when I wish I could "unsee" something. *scratches eyes out*
    01-12-12 10:03 AM
    i believe so also dude, my bold 9900 been bricked since november n i can;t return it or anything .. all i can do is wait on software fix rim claim to b making for past 2 months.. now i'm pretty sure they aint making a damn thing.. it prolly some hardware failure with some of these 9900 which software cannot fix but thay just said that to keep from loosing too much money because thay are already loosing a load from the amount of returns and refunds they have to be giving out.. thats why i think they are also selling the playbook so cheap, on sale every week all of over tha place
    01-12-12 11:01 AM
    i believe so also dude, my bold 9900 been bricked since november n i can;t return it or anything .. all i can do is wait on software fix rim claim to b making for past 2 months.. now i'm pretty sure they aint making a damn thing.. it prolly some hardware failure with some of these 9900 which software cannot fix but thay just said that to keep from loosing too much money because thay are already loosing a load from the amount of returns and refunds they have to be giving out.. thats why i think they are also selling the playbook so cheap, on sale every week all of over tha place
    great first post
    01-12-12 11:03 AM
    Guess I've been crazy lucky, both my 9900 and playbook are close to perfect=P
    01-12-12 11:09 AM
    out of context here but theres another thing that i quite agree with the OP about the "conspiracies" :P

i read the crack berry review about the 9900 before i bought 1 of those and it stated that the battery is not as good as 9700 but good enough to last for a day after supposedly heavy usage.

to my horror until now, several OSes later , i still have abysmal battery life on my 9900
    yeas and i even bought 2 extra JM1 batteries and all are the same

and then on their latest review , the 9790 review they somehow acknowledge this problem and suggest us, the viewer to choose 9790 if battery life is important to us.
    so basically they admit the battery life in 9900 is bad ?

just for info i did get 9790 too after reading the review and I'm back to 9900 yes the battery is indeed better than 9900 by about 30 minutes per charge
    01-12-12 11:12 AM
    Chill out man!
    01-12-12 11:15 AM
    It's cute how every 6 months or so a new conspiracy comes up. So far, I remember:

• CrackBerry is holding back Storm OS leaks
    • Crucial Extreme works for RIM
    • Bla1ze works for RIM
    • CrackBerry is an entity of RIM
    • CrackBerry is the reason why we can't get PlayBook leaks
    • CrackBerry knows more about BB 10 devices then they are telling

Get a grip.
    nuangel2 likes this.
    01-12-12 12:36 PM
    It's cute how every 6 months or so a new conspiracy comes up. So far, I remember:

• CrackBerry is holding back Storm OS leaks
    • Crucial Extreme works for RIM
    • Bla1ze works for RIM
    • CrackBerry is an entity of RIM
    • CrackBerry is the reason why we can't get PlayBook leaks
    • CrackBerry knows more about BB 10 devices then they are telling

Get a grip.

Start talkin' mister!
    01-12-12 12:47 PM
    Lol. Oh how I wish there was some sort of awesome RIM/CrackBerry conspiracy here. That would be awesome. But sadly.... there is not.

Not sure who deleted your comment (I'm guessing Adam... his patience for off topic trolling comments is pretty low these days), but unfortunately no conspiracy. Glad you made a forum thread at least on this - this is the place for it!

As for MY THEORY... I think there was a bad batch of Bold 9900's that went out initially. Probably fairly small numbers in the grand scope of Bold's shipped, but given the fact that CrackBerry readers are hardcore and first to buy, maybe we got affected harder than people who bought a bit later. I did go to RIM with my theory that it seemed way too many people I knew had bricked their 9900s, but they weren't seeing/hearing the same thing from their larger scale carrier partners, etc (at least that's what I was told).

Also, I've had a few 9900s now since my first one, and the rest have been fine so far. And even in the first batch of 9900s i bought, when i bought four on the first day, only 1 out of the 4 I bought ever bricked.

So not quite sure what was up, if there's anything still an issue or not, but definitely no conspiracy going on from the CrackBerry side of things.

K
    nuangel2 likes this.
    01-12-12 01:00 PM
    Kevin:

One of the most asked question is how do I get it fixed if it was not bought from my carrier. Is there any chance you can get RIM to provide a contact or repair depot where users can get these orphaned BlackBerries fixed, even if for a fee?
    01-12-12 01:07 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD