Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree6Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Legal Eagle View Post

Shame that MeterBerry has still not yet come up with an update that makes it fully functional with OS7 as a signal log would have been very useful to see if my theory is correct. COME ON GIANT CASHEW GET IT DONE YOU SAID YOU WERE WORKING ON IT IN JANUATY !!!
    +1 on that!!
    Treat the Earth and all that dwell therein with respect
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Regarding the Mobile Hotspot turning off... it's supposed to turn off after 20 minutes of inactivity. Could that be what some are reacting to? Or are you keeping it active?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legal Eagle View Post
    Shame that MeterBerry has still not yet come up with an update that makes it fully functional with OS7 as a signal log would have been very useful to see if my theory is correct. COME ON GIANT CASHEW GET IT DONE YOU SAID YOU WERE WORKING ON IT IN JANUARY !!!

Unless I have a different version 2.5 of MeterBerry than you have, I have a signal log in MB. You just have to activate it from OPTIONS.

From MeterBerry™ for BlackBerry® Smartphones

Signal Strength log displays change in signal strength over time.
    Signal Strength can be displayed in bars or dBm.

Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Bold 9650, Bold 9930, Samsung Galaxy S3, Z10 and Q10, all on Big Red.
    Nook Color w/CM7.2, iPad2, Nook Color w/CM10.1.3, Dell Venue 8 Pro
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,241 Global Posts
    PIN
    K. 27F3DC2E put cb in request

You are most likely running that MB app on a OS5/6 Phone. Can't change the log in OS7 it's stuck on disable.
    And you can't change the other logs in OS7 it will jump on disable.
    The signal strength option is in there but MeterBerry hasn't been updated for ages so not everything is working for OS7.
    gee gee baby~
    Banned

PIN
    che gringo

Quote Originally Posted by wilshere19 View Post
    Really? For me this is the best OS currently out there. Battery life has been so good im shocked!

Why are battery life reports so random? I don't believe for an instant the OS has a thing to do with it. I suspect the 9900 is just particularly bad at OS installation, and one should try reloading until the set of issues/defects is tolerable.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,115 Global Posts

I have been hesitant to upgrade to this cause of the microphone issue people have been experiencing. But from the looks of it most are ATT users.

I been on .190 leak since it came out and have not upgraded to a newer version. I strongly believe this is the leak that will finally make me upgrade.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,241 Global Posts
    PIN

If your current OS is snappy, fluid and working fine for you. You might stay on it and just use it.
    If you want something new then you might consider do the update. But nothing much though.
    gee gee baby~
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mzman View Post
    Regarding the Mobile Hotspot turning off... it's supposed to turn off after 20 minutes of inactivity. Could that be what some are reacting to? Or are you keeping it active?

No... It will not connect due to network change. It will connect after a battery pull, but as soon as you turn MH off, it will not connect again. This did not happen on .163, .267, or .342.

This did happen on .340.

I downgraded to .342 and I have no issues with connecting now.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    8330 --> 8530 --> 9550 --> 9930 --> Z10
    CrackBerry User

PIN

I upgraded to this one after using 342 and i think this is better in regards to performance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Absolutley not. No OS that causes people to be unable to make calls (microphone issue) should ever be called a "gold standard." Yeah, it may be just AT&T users, like myself, but for it to be called a "gold standard," it would have to be the very best and work for everyone, not just some people. I think it is inexcusable that any OS be released with such a major bug that hinders people from doing such a basic function like making a phone call. It really pisses me off because the OS does run absolutley fantastic in every other area, but I had to downgrade due to the mic issue. Just because I and several others are on AT&T, doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to use this OS. It should work on all carriers (providing you delete the vendor file). This is bullsh*t.
    Last edited by crackheadberry666; 04-29-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by byul View Post
    You are most likely running that MB app on a OS5/6 Phone. Can't change the log in OS7 it's stuck on disable.
    And you can't change the other logs in OS7 it will jump on disable.
    The signal strength option is in there but MeterBerry hasn't been updated for ages so not everything is working for OS7.

Nope. I'm using 402 on my 9930. You have to select the log file (1,2 or 3), then hit SPACEBAR while that log selection is highlighted until you get the one you want.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Bold 9650, Bold 9930, Samsung Galaxy S3, Z10 and Q10, all on Big Red.
    Thanked by 2:
    bruteforce037 (04-30-2012),  Legal Eagle (04-29-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crackheadberry666 View Post
    Absolutley not. No OS that causes people to be unable to make calls (microphone issue) should ever be called a "gold standard." Yeah, it may be just AT&T users, like myself, but for it to be called a "gold standard," it would have to be the very best and work for everyone, not just some people. I think it is inexcusable that any OS be released with such a major bug that hinders people from doing such a basic function like making a phone call. It really pisses me off because the OS does run absolutley fantastic in every other area, but I had to downgrade due to the mic issue. Just because I and several others are on AT&T, doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to use this OS. It should work on all carriers (providing you delete the vendor file). This is bullsh*t.

Could that microphone issue be the reason that 402 hasn't yet been released by the carriers? Most of us accept that there will be issues or bugs when we load up a leaked OS.

CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Underway99 View Post
    Nope. I'm using 402 on my 9930. You have to select the log file (1,2 or 3), then hit SPACEBAR while that log selection is highlighted until you get the one you want.

Thanks you so much for this tip, works perfectly.

I've been checking MeterBerry threads since OS7 came out and as far as I can recall this is the first time anyone has posted this method of changing the logs.

Up until now we had all thought that it was an OS 7 bug with MeterBerry and that the logs could not be changed.

Nice One !!!
    Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC22 over Claro Argentina .1098 Base and .sfi

If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,241 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Underway99 View Post

Yeah that did the trick.
    gee gee baby~
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

I didn't see any substantial performance gains either. Just a slightly smoother UI. All for nothing though since I'm back on .342 since I'm with att.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe <~ (Right Click) RUN AS ADMINASTRATOR
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Same here mobile hotspot keeps turning off on me too, very frustrating
    Derek Van Horne

Blackberry Bold 9900
    Blackberry Playbook 32GB
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345