I gave my brother my old 16GB sd card, and got myself a 32GB one.

When I transfer certain albums or mp3's I'll disconnect and the phone says the media is corrupted repari etc etc.

It never repairs, and fails to even know the card is installed.

Do I need to re download all the albums that are causing the corruption error, or is there a work arounnd?
    03-13-13 05:22 PM
    try to re-format the card in the device (it will install the necessary files).... reformat the card and restart the phone.
    deezy87 likes this.
    03-13-13 06:41 PM
    I have done that about 4 times, I am being 100% serious with you.

When I go see the sd card in windows explorer, it is just a 'file' as opposed to the folder album, with all the tracks [mp3] in that said folder. I right click the E: drive an scan for errors, get rid of the errors and I don't get the error any more.

It is doing my head in, the music I have is also from roughly a year ago.....not sure if that has anything to do with it.

EDIT!!!

I have tried to format it in device, reset it. It said it contained errors, do I want to repair. I said yes, and also save lost clusters. It repaired successfully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to try and put my media back on, hope it works this time around!

This time it seems to be transferring faster than the first few times I've tried to work with it.
    Last edited by sharma0702; 03-13-13 at 07:13 PM. Reason: additional information
    03-13-13 06:45 PM
    If I transfer a good chunk of the albums, about 80% end up being 'corrupted' I have to do a chk dsk error scan, remove the .ch files and other f*ck ups to be able to use the card in my Bold at all.

I had the same media on the old card, and everything worked well... I am out of ideas.
    03-14-13 02:21 AM
    Instead of repairing the errors, just copy into HDD whatever is still there and can be saved, and then do a low-level format on the PC. Just in case the file format would be different then on BB, afterwards format it again in the BB.
    If you would still experience the errors after a while, try another card.
    If the problem would come back with another card......

.... yhm...., just don't know what to say other then: do not get Z10, I repeat: DO NOT get Z10, as this could be to tough the hybrid community
    03-14-13 07:17 AM
    I have given up...I got the card for free essentially, with a spare battery, external charrger, Beats tour all of this for $158.20 lol

It would be nice to have my music though, what low level scan can I do?
    Last edited by sharma0702; 03-14-13 at 11:37 AM.
    03-14-13 11:20 AM
    .... yhm...., just don't know what to say other then: do not get Z10, I repeat: DO NOT get Z10, as this could be to tough the hybrid community
    Plus one on that thought buddy !!!

9900 on BL Hybrid OS til it dies, unless of course we get BL 10 Hybrids ............
    03-14-13 11:49 AM
    From all the talks in our testing group, they will try to dish out some OS 10 hybrid stuff.

Now to the problem at hand, any 'fix' for the problems I am getting?

For example I have the Soul Tape and Soul Tape 2 a Fabolous mixtape.

After I transfer it isn't a folder, just a 'file'. Now when I do the chk dsk error scan those 'files' turn into some .ch file type. I have like 8 gigs of new music I'd like to put on my phone.
    03-14-13 12:06 PM
    From all the talks in our testing group, they will try to dish out some OS 10 hybrid stuff.

Now to the problem at hand, any 'fix' for the problems I am getting?
    Good news on the Hybrid OS 10 front.

Sorry I can't help with your SD card problem, never had the need to use one myself. Maybe Sator can help ?

Hope you get it sorted.
    deezy87 likes this.
    03-14-13 12:12 PM
    Hmmmm....Mr. Sator!

I have him as a contact on my BBM, I'll see if he can help out the chief lol.
    03-14-13 12:31 PM
    The last time I had troubles with my pendrive with movies, I finished with many chk files. I then run a short batch file to rename all the files to .avi, and afterwards it was hit-and-miss to find what I was looking for, and of course under the time pressure as well (if you have children, then you'd know what is looks like when you promised a movie to your 6 y.o., and you find out the movie is no more...).

The batch itself is just one line (of course, it is a PC version, and it works on Win 7 and below..., don't know Win 8), and I am sure you know it, being the experienced hybrider :
    ren *.chk *.mp3
    copied into notepad, and then saved as namechange.bat (or whatever.bat )

Then copy into the folder with all the .chk files, and run it. And then the difficult part starts with finding what you look for...
    03-15-13 04:57 AM
    i have the same problem with an SD card in my 9810. I've done the repair thing many times and it seems ok for a while but then happens again.

Do you use BlackBerry Protect by any chance? I'm getting corrupted backup file messages every now and then on the same device. Wonder if they could be related.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-15-13 05:15 PM
    "After receiving error, do not proceed with formatting the SD card.Simply scan it with Remo Recover and get back all files.Even if you have formatted the card, then also you can recover entire data with the aid of this tool."
    03-03-14 07:00 PM